Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iDS10 Questions.

Hi. I seem to remember that you could apply gate to the drums on the original Nintendo version- is this possible?- I can only see it for notes. Also- how do you erase the automation if you don't like it? Cheers.

Comments

• Looks like you can only apply volume and pan to drums. To erase an automation, press and hold a knob until the automation panel for that parameter pops up then you can set it back to zero.

• OK thanks- got it. It seems to take a fair bit of tapping/ holding to get there sometimes- I suppose it's a practice thing. I notice that the little lines are still red when when I have done this- is there no other (quicker) way to do it? Or how do you initialize a pattern? Cheers

• OK I have just discovered- on the 'main' screen- you can drag and drop either the patterns (at the bottom) or parts of a pattern... to another pattern and copy it by responding to the prompt. Just press it till you see a red box appear around it- then drag it.

I still wish I could erase all the automations quickly though.

• @robosardine said:
    Hi. I seem to remember that you could apply gate to the drums on the original Nintendo version- is this possible?- I can only see it for notes. Also- how do you erase the automation if you don't like it? Cheers.

? Which gate did you mean? Play nds for years......?...

• I had a look at the old DS to remind me- The gate is inside the drums sequencer. Go to drum sequencer, tap the bendy arrow at the top next to 'note'- this takes you to the gate page- giving you the option of 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, legato or 1 shot.

• @robosardine said:
    I notice that the little lines are still red when when I have done this-

Got it now- I was dragging the little boxes to the bottom- but you just need to tap them to make them vanish- this takes the red line away.

• @robosardine said:
    OK I have just discovered- on the 'main' screen- you can drag and drop either the patterns (at the bottom) or parts of a pattern... to another pattern and copy it by responding to the prompt. Just press it till you see a red box appear around it- then drag it.

I still wish I could erase all the automations quickly though.

to erase automations quickly - tap and hold on the pattern until the box turns red - let go and you'll get a message that says "Delete Data" at the top, with options to delete either the NOTES and/or the AUTOMATION.

• is there any way to copy and paste notes within a pattern? I made a 4 bar drum loop in pattern1, I copied it over to pattern 2 - which I have set to 32 bars. Any way to copy the drum notes from the 1st 4 bars to bars 5-32?

• I have not found a way to paste notes inside a pattern.

On the clear automation- when I press the pattern and get the red box. It asks delete tone? I have no idea what this is doing, or delete sequence? which seems to delete everything. It does not mention automation on mine.

• @robosardine said:
    I have not found a way to paste notes inside a pattern.

On the clear automation- when I press the pattern and get the red box. It asks delete tone? I have no idea what this is doing, or delete sequence? which seems to delete everything. It does not mention automation on mine.

I'm sorry - I am wrong (doing it from memory).... but yeah, you can only delete the Sequence (notes) or the Tone (the synth sound used on that pattern).

• You have to press and hold the knob for which automation you want to delete, it will take you to a automation page that's similar to the note and gate pages, there you can delete it. However, it does seem a bit finicky with registering the press and hold. Always takes me a few tries. Anyone know if there is a specific gesture you have to make or something?

• I> @db909 said:

You have to press and hold the knob for which automation you want to delete, it will take you to a automation page that's similar to the note and gate pages, there you can delete it. However, it does seem a bit finicky with registering the press and hold. Always takes me a few tries. Anyone know if there is a specific gesture you have to make or something?

I did not manage to get this to work at the time of this reply- it really can be finicky as db909 stated. It's only now after returning to it last night that I got it to work- and it is well worth while- it also gives you access to the note gate function (as mentioned above)- a particular favorite of mine. I will be spending a fair bit of time with it now.
    Cheers