Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar Effects Question

Guys as a guitar player I place my volume pedal always after all my drive pedals and right before my delays. I do this to do swells and have the delay tails remain when i lower the vol on the pedal.
Question is how can do this with Tonestack or any IOS guitar effects app?

Comments

• @Tones4Christ - in the case of ToneStack, they have a volume pedal, so you would simply need a midi pedal to control it and sequence your effects in ToneStack the way you would in the real world. If your using individual effects apps, perhaps mimix might work in between (in AB), not sure if the volume control is midi controllable.

• Is it a hardware vol pedal or is it included on the motherload and controllable with an external expression pedal?

• Found it !!!!
    Wow this is awesome man!
    Tonestack rocks!
    Now I need a simple Bluetooth midi controller for external control. I already own an expression pedal. Any suggestions on a midi or Bluetooth pedal to select banks or switch effects?

• I just got a Looptimus pedal. It is a usb midi device with 7 buttons for controlling, and two up/down buttons. the pedal sends midi notes, or midi note + pc out via either usb or midi. The new ones have two expression pedal jacks.
    I bought this after having checked out a SoftStep. The SS was a bit too much for me, and I also think the one I purchased had some sort of problem.
    I also have a Behringer fcb1010 but it's just way too big for me to hall around.with my setup. :)
    the Looptimus was originally conceived to work with Ableton, but since it just send out midi notes, it can be used with tons of stuff.

• @Tones4Christ - I have the FCB1010, which isn't Bluetooth, but I have a Puc + that has been working well with it. I don't know of any Bluetooth midi foot controllers with an expression pedal. I believe the BT4 and the Blueboard have jacks for using an external one.

• I use the Blueboard with a $40 Moog EP-3 foot pedal.

• Cool!
    Was looking at the blueboard. It has two expression pedal inputs. What guitar effects are you controlling?
    I also was looking at the moog pedal but I already have a Yamaha fc7. A bit heavy bit I feels rock solid.

• Do you have a MIDI interface already? Several of the now cheap 90s multi effects floor pedals from Boss, Zoom, et al have MIDI out jacks and built in expression pedals.

• I still feel latency with some of the expression pedals hooked up to some of the bluetooth switches. I have both the Blueboard and just got the Positive Grid BT4 (jury is still out on that one), but expression pedal just doesn't cut it for me on either.

• @Flo26 said:

@syrupcore said:
    Do you have a MIDI interface already? Several of the now cheap 90s multi effects floor pedals from Boss, Zoom, et al have MIDI out jacks and built in expression pedals.

• they eat all your signal clarity.

You don't need to put your guitar audio signal through it. I'm talking about using one as cheap MIDI floor pedal.

• This may be overkill but the upcoming Sonoma Wire Works GuitarJack Stage is making me grin like crazy - an interface that takes power from the iPad OR charges the iPad when plugged in to an outlet, expression pedal input, knobs for adjusting amp settings, stomp switches etc, and hopefully it will be flexible for use as a midi controller... Not BT but otherwise, I can't wait!