Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amplitube Sound Issues

I usually use Audiobus with Sunrizer and Drum Jam into Loopy for my live performances on guitar and vocals. Took the rig on the road and tried to plug my guitar in using the Roland Duo Capture EX and Amplitube. As soon as I introduced Amplitube into the chain, the sound became unusable - hiss, crackle, faint signal. Anyone have this experience and/or have advice?

Comments

• Oh, and the interface was connected to my iPad 3rd gen via Apple cck and usb hub. Sound in Amplitube itself using this setup is fine, but not in my Audiobus chain.

• I am a regular user of AmpliTube with my iPhone 4s & iPad 3rd Gen with an IK Multimedia iRig connected to my Sony Studio Monitor Headphones and a Guild 1997 American made Bluesbird. I'm not an expert here using the Audiobus as this is a new interface for me. I do know that using the Windows version of AmpliTube with a USB hub can be a problem as IK Multimedia does not recommend AmpliTube even with a powered USB Hub. Are you able to remove an output device from your iPad to allow a direct connection of your guitar through only one USB input?

Please let me know if you find a solution and possibly describe all of your devices working through Audiobus and AmpliTube. Finally, have you checked your Audiobus Latency settings and increasing your cache size? Let us know if this improves your AmpliTube sound quality..

• There is one thing I recalled after sending my comment. AmpliTube on IOS devices tend to produce crappy sound quality when adding stomp boxes on the front end. There was a YouTube Video regarding this where it was recommended to record your raw music without enhancement and introduce effects as would be done in a recording studio by adding them as post effects. This is the Rack portion of AmpliTube that captures the guitar and vocal sound produced clean through the speaker. Using microphone placement (Mac & Windows version) and rack effects such as compression, Flanger, Chorus etc., you can lay your effects over a clean track to improve sound quality and finally combine and export your mix back into Audiobus (note that this is only my thought and I've never tried it) to then add additional tracks, drum box creations or loops.

This is still a new toy for many of us and I suspect there is a lot of tricks to bypass latency or lack of processor power when simultaneously running different effects.

Good luck and keep us informed.