Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help with best device for iPad 3

Hi, how are you? New to the forum here.

I have Bias AMP, JamUP and Bias FX and I've been using the 1st AmpKit Link (yes, the white plastic cheap one). It made its job, but I want to upgrade a little bit, at least to get rid of the feedback/noises.

I'm from Brazil and this kind of stuff are expensive right now (exchange ratio). I have the option of a brand new Apogee Jam (the regular one, not the 96k) or a used iRig HD or a used Line 6 Port. I'd rather buy something new, so would the Apogee Jam be a good upgrade? Or any of the other 2 used?

By the way, I'm running on a iPad 3, so I need compatibility.

Thanks for your help, cheers from Brazil!

Comments

• I use an Alesis io dock with my iPad 3. It was a little rocky at first but if you have the latest firmware update it usually behaves well. You'll find that the iPad 3 has some limitations but I have no problems with JamUp or Ampkit. Can't speak for Bias or Bias FX.

• Apogee Jam works good with iPad 3 I don' know if its any better than the other you mentioned but it worked good for me.

• If you look at the 'guitar interfaces' sticky towards the top of the forum, I think you'll find the Apogee Jam is basically the most highly recommended device. If that's in your budget and it fits your i/o needs, go for it.

• Thanks for the suggestions. The Alesis dock is out of my range right now. I'm wondering if the Apogee Jam is REALLY an upgrade from AmpKit Link... the noises irritates me and it's in the headphone jack too. Will it be a noticeable upgrade with the Apogee? Because I can buy it, but it won't be cheap, so I'm trying to make sure to step up a little bit (just to jam, mess around, study, I don't need studio quality right now, just good tones).

Will the fact to be an iPad 3 block the improvement that the Apogee Jam could be?

Thanks

• one more for the Apogee Jam (96 in my case), I was pleasantly surprised how good even my acoustic guitars sound playing through the Jam

• @darthvandelay When the iRig first came out, I listened to it and heard the same annoying noise and feedback you're complaining about with the AmpKit Link. If you're super budget conscious, I made a DIY analog audio input device using a passive circuit with very few inexpensive components which also allows me to plug in my headphones to hear the out going audio. It has a potentiometer which allows you to dial in how much of the signal you're receiving from the guitar so that you can eliminate the noise in the signal quite easily.

I've since purchased a USB audio interface which works well, allows stereo input and support for phantom powered mics, but when I'm not wanting to set that all up or have my lightening or 32 pin port occupied with the CCK, the DIY input device housed in an Altoid tin still does the job with a clean signal (mono input only due to the nature of the iOS device 3.5 mm headphone jack). It can also be used to record the mono signal from other analog devices with a headphone jack and a cable in my iOS devices.

If you still want to go digital, I'd look into USB iOS compliant interfaces as you get a lot more capabilities (more inputs, phantom power for mics) than the digital guitar centric solutions plus they'll work on a laptop or desktop with a USB port too which means there are a lot more choices than just iOS guitar input products.

• I have the irig HD and an iPad 3. I have no complaints. If the used irig HD comes with all the original cables,it should have both the 30 pin, lightning and an usb connection.

• Thanks everyone.

I heard that the iRig HD would be in the same league as the apogee 96k, is that true? If it's that superior, it could justify being more expensive. Let's say that our currencies are 1:1 on the ratio (already happened, now it's 4:1)... The Apogee Jam would cost me 450 bucks... the iRig HD 550 bucks... as for the USB, more ports and stuff like that it'd be like 1k+, so really out of range for me.

Is the iRig HD worth this 20% increase? Or should I settle with the regular Apogee Jam?

I wouldn't use the lightning cable for now (iPad 3) and I really don't use other apps other than the positive grid ones, so it's be cool to work well with them.

Thanks guys! Cheers!