Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Figure for Windows 10

Chech the video and tell who is that guy on 22sec frame?

Comments

• 22 secs - haQ attaQ!!

• Great :) let's hope it kickstarts a load more apps for the platform

• AB compatible?

• Please ThumbJam next!
    Nice to see this anyway!

• Interesting.

• It just means they are going to cripple any editing and track accessibility for Windows 10 like everyone else. No surprise there.

• @asnor said:
    Interesting.

Really ?

• I wish Propellerhead would do something more meaningful like add an IAA transport bar and MIDI sync to Thor.

• At least it works on mobile and PC (which is mobile with a notebook/tablet too).

• @gsm909 said:

@asnor said:
    Interesting.

Really ?

as someone with a windows tablet, yes. :)

• edited December 2015

@Rich303 said:
    I wish Propellerhead would do something more meaningful like add an IAA transport bar and MIDI sync to Thor.

I have a list of useful things I wish they'd add, but years of waiting have left me cynical; at best they add something and take something else away. After the latest update they started popping up ads for their commune. Anyway, I've learned to hope for nothing and expect to give back what was got, but whose to complain about a free app?--$.99, when I got it.
    Anyway, Figure could be so much more.

• @asnor said:

@Rich303 said:
    I wish Propellerhead would do something more meaningful like add an IAA transport bar and MIDI sync to Thor.

I have a list of useful things I wish they'd add, but years of waiting have left me cynical; at best they add something and take something else away. After the latest update they started popping up ads for their commune. Anyway, I've learned to hope for nothing and expect to give back what was got, but whose to complain about a free app?--$.99, when I got it.

Classic propellerheads, they do what ever they want at a snails pace (longtime reason user since reason v3)

• Surface pro 3 or better recommended !!!! Wow

• edited December 2015

@MirEko said:

@asnor said:

@Rich303 said:

Classic propellerheads, they do what ever they want at a snails pace (longtime reason user since reason v3)

So true. I started at 1.0. Been a ReBirth user since '97. Most of the excitement has come and gone. I stopped at Reason 7, haven't been impressed with anything since then. They waste their resources on entry level software these days, trying to bring in more customers in hopes they will work their way up to Reason. But I think that approach will do them more harm than good.

• I never understood the fanfare for figure, you can only make the sounds they give you. It's a few marks past buying loop packs.

• edited December 2015

Well, Figure was the first app on the App Store offering a system for making music based entirely on Polyrhythms, especially including Euclidean Rhythms, the sounds were good (assuming you had a proper audio chain) especially for that time in the App Store, and the price was a raging $.99.

Within the last year they have removed some key features:

-Used to be able to easily email a project, now removed.

-Used to be able to open Figure's folder in iTunes and download a folder called "songs", which was very useful when moving from one iPad to the next and adding them to and from my iPhone, now removed.

-Used to be able to mute 2 of the 3 tracks and then export the remaining track through audiocopy, now whenever you use any of the export options, they only put out the "saved" version of the file, adding a step of complexity to the process.

-I mentioned to Kallepa, who used to be the head developer of it, about issues with the mixer not working a few issues ago, and he said he would forward that to the team in charge of it, so Kallepa is now out of it, and he was the one who was making it more open and not less. I'd be super bummed to know whether he is behind this Discover stuff.

I have somewhere around 200 figure grooves at the moment, which are really just nice polyrhythmic inspirations for parts of a full track I'd make somewhere else. Now I see that the only way to get at the project files is to upload them to their Discover cloud which carries the license that anyone, even corporations, can use the tracks and modify them to their own desire for any commercial purpose whatsoever.

Since I'm an actual musician, I can't see myself rowing on the slave ship Propellerhead has designed to shit on creator's rights for no benefit of any actual creative whatsoever.

And their view of creativity is bizarre as well. When you are creating something, do you really want to start with someone else's composition and then modify it to your liking, or would you rather spend 5 minutes making something that is completely your own from the ground up.

Maybe they watched too many kickstarter product video's suggesting you can literally fart out a symphony with a wave of your hand.

Now they took it to the next level by saying why even waste the effort to wave your hand to fart out a symphony, when through the license agreement of our platform, you can simply take someone else's composition and call it your own.

And seeing the way they are closing all open routes in Figure as a method to force longterm users into their ecosystem proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the assholes running that place are completely focused on causing "lock-in" for their users, as they had made all these claims that their Rack Extensions were for the purpose of having a sandboxed and stable plugin format.

But it's really just good old "lock-in" plain and simple. And it is further proved by the fact that they closed their self hosted forums before they took this dark 'discover" path because they knew anyone with a brain would shit on it.

Just want to send a very healthy "Fuck You" out to Propellerhead and warn others not to even dip a toe into their anti-artist monetization strategy.

It can't fail soon enough to shake them back to their senses and return to the light once again.

Obviously, Patterning, with all its midi capabilities, has superseded Figure on nearly every level, but it is such a damn shame Figure couldn't have lived up to its vast potential.

Hmm... seeing what I've written, I think I can safely mark this down as "touchy subject".

• @AQ808 said:
    Well, Figure was the first app on the App Store offering a system for making music based entirely on Polyrhythms, especially including Euclidean Rhythms, the sounds were good (assuming you had a proper audio chain) especially for that time in the App Store, and the price was a raging $.99.

Within the last year they have removed some key features:

-Used to be able to easily email a project, now removed.

-Used to be able to open Figure's folder in iTunes and download a folder called "songs", which was very useful when moving from one iPad to the next and adding them to and from my iPhone, now removed.

-Used to be able to mute 2 of the 3 tracks and then export the remaining track through audiocopy, now whenever you use any of the export options, they only put out the "saved" version of the file, adding a step of complexity to the process.

-I mentioned to Kallepa, who used to be the head developer of it, about issues with the mixer not working a few issues ago, and he said he would forward that to the team in charge of it, so Kallepa is now out of it, and he was the one who was making it more open and not less. I'd be super bummed to know whether he is behind this Discover stuff.

I have somewhere around 200 figure grooves at the moment, which are really just nice polyrhythmic inspirations for parts of a full track I'd make somewhere else. Now I see that the only way to get at the project files is to upload them to their Discover cloud which carries the license that anyone, even corporations, can use the tracks and modify them to their own desire for any commercial purpose whatsoever.

Since I'm an actual musician, I can't see myself rowing on the slave ship Propellerhead has designed to shit on creator's rights for no benefit of any actual creative whatsoever.

And their view of creativity is bizarre as well. When you are creating something, do you really want to start with someone else's composition and then modify it to your liking, or would you rather spend 5 minutes making something that is completely your own from the ground up.

Maybe they watched too many kickstarter product video's suggesting you can literally fart out a symphony with a wave of your hand.

Now they took it to the next level by saying why even waste the effort to wave your hand to fart out a symphony, when through the license agreement of our platform, you can simply take someone else's composition and call it your own.

And seeing the way they are closing all open routes in Figure as a method to force longterm users into their ecosystem proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the assholes running that place are completely focused on causing "lock-in" for their users, as they had made all these claims that their Rack Extensions were for the purpose of having a sandboxed and stable plugin format.

But it's really just good old "lock-in" plain and simple. And it is further proved by the fact that they closed their self hosted forums before they took this dark 'discover" path because they knew anyone with a brain would shit on it.

Just want to send a very healthy "Fuck You" out to Propellerhead and warn others not to even dip a toe into their anti-artist monetization strategy.

It can't fail soon enough to shake them back to their senses and return to the light once again.

Obviously, Patterning, with all its midi capabilities, has superseded Figure on nearly every level, but it is such a damn shame Figure couldn't have lived up to its vast potential.

Hmm... seeing what I've written, I think I can safely mark this down as "touchy subject".

Thanks for posting all of that. I'm glad I'm not alone here. If this were posted on Reason Talk forums, all the fanboys would get their panties all up in a bunch and start bitching like a bunch of cunts. :)

• Wow, i liked Figure and used it often in my iPhone and iPad productions. It´s a while ago and i was not aware of the changes (just updated blind always but never opened it in the last months) and introduced limitations.
    That´s really f....... up! It´s seems the same way soundcloud (and apple) gone.... from a producer and independent musician friendly to a facebook like consumer nonsense.
    They really could have made more out of it. Think about a 4 split (or more) screen and record 4 different Figure loops etc.

• @Rich303 said:

@MirEko said:

@asnor said:

@Rich303 said:

So true. I started at 1.0. Been a ReBirth user since '97. Most of the excitement has come and gone. I stopped at Reason 7, haven't been impressed with anything since then. They waste their resources on entry level software these days, trying to bring in more customers in hopes they will work their way up to Reason. But I think that approach will do them more harm than good.

Ha! I used to use rebirth too and also have stopped at 7.. Also agree with all you said, feel the same way

• I pity the fool

• edited December 2015

Terrence Howard?

• Terrence Howard.

• Gotta love Empire.