Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro IAP: Info and Pricing

There is no info in the Appstore or on the website regarding IAP's for Auria Pro.
I asked for some info in another thread and richardyot was very kind to post a list:

There are lots!

PLUGINS:

Drumagog 5
Classic Verb Pro
FabFilter Micro
FabFilter Pro-C2
FabFilter Pro-DS
FabFilter Pro-G
FabFilter Pro-L
FabFilter Pro-MB
FabFilter Pro-Q2
FabFilter Saturn
FabFilter Timeless 2
FabFilter Volcano 2
FXpansion BusComp
FXpansion ChanComp
FXpansion EnvShaper
Overloud THM
PG Jamup
PSP Echo
PSP MicroWarmer
PSP oldTimer
PSP PianoVerb2
PSP Springverb
SugarBytes Turnado
SugarBytes WOW2
Mu ReTune

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT:

MoreVox IR packages
MoreVox GOG packages
MoreVox Drum Loops
Fabfilter One Presets
Fabfilter Twin Presets (6 packs).

and thank you very much for that, richardyot.

However, before I pull the trigger on the app, I would like to know a bit about the temptations I will be facing...

Can anyone help ?

Comments

• Well by iOS standards they're not cheap, but compared to the desktop equivalents (to which they are identical) they're a bargain.

• And for comparison these are the desktop prices of the exact same Fabfilter plugins, bear in mind both the synths (One and Twin 2) are included for free in Auria Pro:

• For what it's worth I have bought most of the content. The Fabfilter and PSP plugins are 100% worth every penny. I don't tend to use the FXpansion ones though.

The IR files are only so-so, Golden Glue is OK, but they're not IRs of real spaces, they're synthetic, which is a shame. There are some free IRs on SampleCity of real spaces which I tend to use more.

The synth presets seem a fair deal to me considering the synths themselves are bundled with the app.

All Lyra content is free, lots of drums, several pianos etc... 4GB of samples.

I haven't bought any of the loops, and the Drumagog content I have actually imported from the desktop version + a couple of packs I bought for desktop - the iOS versions are much smaller than the desktop ones.

• excellent, richardyot, that's what I was also looking for today and didn't find, thank you very much

• Impressive effort, richardyot.
    Thanks a LOT. This is really helpfull.

• So from that, what I would like to know is can Pro-Q and Pro-C be upgraded to version2 instead of a completely new purchase

• I'm pretty sure the version 2 of plugins is a new purchase, non-upgradeable.

• edited December 2015

@gsm909 said:
    So from that, what I would like to know is can Pro-Q and Pro-C be upgraded to version2 instead of a completely new purchase

Apparently yes, when the next update to Auria Pro hits the App Store. You can see the upgrade pricing in the screen shots I posted earlier up the thread.

• ^@richardyot, I took the plunge, upgraded to Pro, and am not seeing the upgrade plugin pricing in the Auria store. Maybe available in the next update then. Were you a beta testing?, or how are you able to post screenshots of these unavailable upgrade prices?
    Thx

• @gsm909 said:
    ^@richardyot, I took the plunge, upgraded to Pro, and am not seeing the upgrade plugin pricing in the Auria store. Maybe available in the next update then. Were you a beta testing?, or how are you able to post screenshots of these unavailable upgrade prices?

The screenshot is from the upcoming update, so hold off before getting Pro C2 and Pro Q2 if you want to take advantage of the upgrade pricing.

• This is where you have to love the iOS world, though the devs would like to make more. Essentially, for the price of the Fabfilter Limiter on the desktop, you can get Auria, the limiter, the compressor, and the EQ. Which is pretty incredible.

• ... rolling in still-ly ...

• @rickwaugh said:
    This is where you have to love the iOS world, though the devs would like to make more. Essentially, for the price of the Fabfilter Limiter on the desktop, you can get Auria, the limiter, the compressor, and the EQ. Which is pretty incredible.

Yeah, but you don't have all the BS to get the audio into Auria/iPad in the first place before processing.

• no "everything bundle"?
    B)

• Scream w/ raybans.

• What's the point of buying turnado as auria IAP when the app is available ?

• Turnado and WOW aren't true in-app purchases. When you click to buy them in Auria, it takes you to the Apple App Store where you can buy the app version (IAA). If Auria detects that you own the app version, it unlocks the Auria version automatically.

Rim

• Turnado is a massive no brainer in Auria IMO. You can make it do so many things.

• @gsm909 said:

@rickwaugh said:
    This is where you have to love the iOS world, though the devs would like to make more. Essentially, for the price of the Fabfilter Limiter on the desktop, you can get Auria, the limiter, the compressor, and the EQ. Which is pretty incredible.

Yeah, but you don't have all the BS to get the audio into Auria/iPad in the first place before processing.

I don't have anything to get in. Just record right into the iPad and Auria. Makes life simple. :wink:

• Happy to see the upgrade discount for Pro-Q 2 and Pro-C 2. Was going to stick with the original versions but considering upgrading now when this becomes available.

• Man I went for the Fabfilter Saturn (along with Audulus) for my weekly purchases, and I think I will use it in place of Tonestack for guitar processing. Already have timeless and the pro-c and pro-q. The new synths are incredible sounding as well. I'm more stoked on Auria Pro than I ever thought I would be.

• edited December 2015

@richardyot said:

I haven't bought any of the loops, and the Drumagog content I have actually imported from the desktop version + a couple of packs I bought for desktop - the iOS versions are much smaller than the desktop ones.

Right, so I got myself Drumagog (for Auria). As you say, the selection of sounds for the iOS version is somewhat limited. Is there a way of purchasing .gog files/sets and import them into my iPad, without having/owning the desktop version? Could I, just as an example, purchase a kit like this and get it into my iPad:
    https://www.drumdrops.com/drum-samples/1963-premier-outfit-54-drum-kit/drum-replacement-pack

• Not sure about Drumagog versions and how they work within Auria but I bought a percussion pack from the Drumagog site and they work fine inside Auria.

• @Fitz said:
    Not sure about Drumagog versions and how they work within Auria but I bought a percussion pack from the Drumagog site and they work fine inside Auria.

Is transferring/importing them straight forward? Or is it iTunes and some magic-sauce-manual-folder-structure that is needed? :)

• @hellquist said:
    Right, so I got myself Drumagog (for Auria). As you say, the selection of sounds for the iOS version is somewhat limited. Is there a way of purchasing .gog files/sets and import them into my iPad, without having/owning the desktop version? Could I, just as an example, purchase a kit like this and get it into my iPad:

The first thing you should do is email WML who will provide you with some additional Gog files for free. I think the email is [email protected] and you should send them a screenshot of your iTunes receipt for Drumagog.

But yes, after that you can buy Gog files from the WML website and from other places too.

• @hellquist said:

@Fitz said:
    Not sure about Drumagog versions and how they work within Auria but I bought a percussion pack from the Drumagog site and they work fine inside Auria.

Is transferring/importing them straight forward? Or is it iTunes and some magic-sauce-manual-folder-structure that is needed? :)

iTunes I'm afraid or ifunbox. There is a Gog folder where you can put single Gog files, although folders make more sense for finding files in Drumagog itself. You can also put other audio files (wav's I think) although they only play back that single instance of course.

• @richardyot said:
    The first thing you should do is email WML who will provide you with some additional Gog files for free. I think the email is [email protected] and you should send them a screenshot of your iTunes receipt for Drumagog.

But yes, after that you can buy Gog files from the WML website and from other places too.

Excellent! And thanks for the e-mail info! I did not know that, not sure how anyone would, but I have sent off an e-mail with a screenshot, lets see what, if anything, that comes back. :)

Also, whilst I have you on the line, thanks in general for the awesome excellent fantastic Auria Pro tips in the other thread too. Extremely helpful! :smiley:

• You can actually also add Gog files without iTunes or iFunbox if you zip them up with the right folder structure first.

Your root folder should be named Gog Files and then you have one sub folder below that. If you use Open In to get the zip into Auria it will automatically get unpacked in the right place.