Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording on the 6S/6S Plus

I have a Samsung Galaxy phone. I use my iPad Air 2 for recording, and all the other music stuff I do. I'm probably going to buy a new phone in the new year, and was asking myself why I'm not buying an iPhone, and using all the apps I purchased on my iPad. I then wondered about actually recording on it. I'm pretty sure some folks do. I'm an Auria user. Aside from the form factor, anyone doing some serious recording on the phone, and how has it been?

Comments

• It depends on your workflow. I throw some rough tracks together from time to time in AudioShare and bounce them to my iPad.

Now keep in mind that you can't run all iPad apps on iPhones, even the big one. That means no Aruia, Cubasis, Gadget or MTS.

You CAN run GarageBand, NanoStudio, Music Studio, and BeatMaker 2 for instance.
  • Also MultTrak DAW & N Track Pro

• Hmm, hadn't realized Auria wouldn't go. Not that I was planning on doing full scale recording on it. Also found out how ridiculously expensive iPhones are. Good grief.
  • I use an iPhone 5, and I don't think I push it anywhere near as much as others here might. So, I still have a decent ceiling to work under until I feel the need to ramp things up. Even then, I'm not necessarily planning on ruling the world with any of it, even though it's still pretty fantastic what any of these things can do.

• Loopy HD is great on an iPhone. And with Audiobus/AudioShare + effects, you can do many things with the tracks. 
  • Loopy HD is good, but limited. 
  • It's great for sketching out ideas. 
  • Hmm, hadn't realized Auria wouldn't go. Not that I was planning on doing full scale recording on it. Also found out how ridiculously expensive iPhones are. Good grief.

Yeah it's a shame that more developers don't put the work in to create a phone interface. Of those that do some have done wonders. Thumb and DrumJam, Audioshare, DM-1, Mitosynth and GarageBand are all a joy to use on a phone. There may be many others but I have only started adding synths on my 6S slowly.

The 6S and plus are expensive but, like @Brain said, you don't need the latest to make music. I would probably still be happy on my 5 if it hadn't been stolen. The way I justified the 6S was that 3-4 years usage of a powerhouse mobile device for £600ish UK pounds isn't such a bad deal. And the 3d touch is a nice extra.
  • I record with my iPhone6 and a Rode iXY (and the Rode Record app, which is great) all the time, at least a few times a week.  Works awesome for me, never had any issues.
  • edited December 2015
    I'll have to make some enquiries at my work, as I have device allowance there, but it's not enough for the latest. If I can get something slightly older, I might do it. But this makes a lot of sense. Might look at nano studio for it.