Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audulus 3 coming dec 8th

I just saw over at Synthtopia that Audulus 3 will be released on dec 8th. There's also a short video where Taylor Holliday, the developer of Audulus talks a little bit about it.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/12/03/audulus-3-coming-dec-8th/#more-67421

Comments

• Damn more expense lol. I hope it's not a short initial price, as having all the IAPs included is a great deal.
  • this one will likely be mine.  

oh....well that is if my wittle mini can handle it
  • It will even work on an iPhone!!  :-)
  • @Audiojunkie said:
    It will even work on an iPhone!!  :-)

Oh? Too bad the iPhone version of the App Store won't show me iPad apps so that I could purchase it...

• Today is December 8th!

• @Redo1 said:
    Today is December 8th!

All day!

• At 10 am San Francisco time ! ( from audulus Facebook )

• edited December 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Redo1 said:
    Today is December 8th!

All day!

Aw crap. John Lennon.
    I will wait till tomorrow to purchase audulus.

• edited December 2015

"Minimum Recommended Hardware: iPad 2 or iPhone 4s." Good.

• Hmmm, when I first clicked the app store link above, it came up at $29.99. Closed the link and opened it about 15 minutes later, and now it's $14.99. Maybe it'll be $7-8 dollars if I check again after lunch :D

But for $14.99, I'll probably pull the trigger on this.

• edited December 2015

@Accent said:
    Hmmm, when I first clicked the app store link above, it came up at $29.99. Closed the link and opened it about 15 minutes later, and now it's $14.99. Maybe it'll be $7-8 dollars if I check again after lunch :D

But for $14.99, I'll probably pull the trigger on this.

http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/741/audulus-3-is-coming-soon-audulus-2-10-removed-from-the-app-store

@fjcblanco said:
    "Minimum Recommended Hardware: iPad 2 or iPhone 4s." Good.

very happy! these are my 2 devices

• Must buy if it's still reduced price tomorrow.

• Reduced for a week according to the link, does look tempting. I like the new look.

• Bought it a few minutes ago in the mac app store. It´s also 14,99 only (and you get it also the AU included).
    Looks interesting!
    I think on my IPhone 5 it would be a pain ;)

• After watching the video, this is miles away from my knowledge. But it looks and sounds great.

And Rytmik Ultimate is close.

• Trying the CP330 from the site, but can't seem to get Audulus to open in AudioBus.

• I didn't realize that the new version is a new purchase............ I bought it anyway!   ;-)
  • from the Audulus forums:

"Write a review on the App Store for Audulus 3. If you're the FIRST to review in YOUR COUNTRY, I'll send you a promotional code for a FREE version of Audulus for either Mac or iPad. Your CHOICE :-). If you already have both, the promo code can be used as a gift.

Write an iPad review: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audulus-3/id1027525593?ls=1&mt=8

Write a Mac review: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audulus-3/id1031667826?ls=1&mt=12

BE THE FIRST.

cheers!

• Taylor"

http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/754/winners-be-the-first-to-review-audulus-3-in-your-country-on-app-store-win-a-promotional-code

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Trying the CP330 from the site, but can't seem to get Audulus to open in AudioBus.

Wasn't there supposed to be an online library in this new version, so that it would be easy to get patches that others had made (like the CP330) without having to go through the forum for patches?

• @Audiojunkie said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Trying the CP330 from the site, but can't seem to get Audulus to open in AudioBus.

Wasn't there supposed to be an online library in this new version, so that it would be easy to get patches that others had made (like the CP330) without having to go through the forum for patches?

Not sure. Would be a good idea. It's a great program, but still a tad intimidating for a newbie like myself.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I bought it too, Audiobus not working right now unfortunately.

• Intrigued... Need to hear more though... Maybe a video...

• edited December 2015

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Not sure. Would be a good idea. It's a great program, but still a tad intimidating for a newbie like myself.

The modules that @biminiroad (and some other Audulus wizards I think) had been posting about/working on are inside the app, once you open a page to build, the items are there when you tap that chevron bottom left. Amazing, pretty much. Didn't look for the VP-330 in there

Funny, someone said here the other day that Aubiobus forum was community college, and Auria forum was the university...while that's neither here nor their in my humble view, check out Audulus forum (post-doc at M.I.T.)

• I got pretty well-versed in Audulus 2; I couldn't create anything more than basic patches but the learning process was invaluable. Maybe I'm just tired right now, but this new version is confounding me. I just wanted to build a simple synth before bed.

• Does it support MIDI learn?

• @yug said:
    Does it support MIDI learn?

Yes it has midi learn, I was glad to find it. seems to work well.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

The modules that @biminiroad (and some other Audulus wizards I think) had been posting about/working on are inside the app, once you open a page to build, the items are there when you tap that chevron bottom left. Amazing, pretty much. Didn't look for the VP-330 in there

Funny, someone said here the other day that Aubiobus forum was community college, and Auria forum was the university...while that's neither here nor their in my humble view, check out Audulus forum (post-doc at M.I.T.)

Aware of the modules and already using them. They do make a hugh difference, but they are still essentially modules, not patches.

As far as I am aware (which may not be a lot, considering my college status lol), there is not a download area for fully working patches. You can find them on the forums though.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yes it has midi learn, I was glad to find it. seems to work well.

Great, thanks for confirming