Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BPM adjustment / timestretching app?

I would like to find an app that supports audio share or audio copy that can detect the bpm of a track and allow you to specify a new bpm.  Nothing drastic, just very fine tuning,  To go from say something like 82.3 bpm to 82 bpm.  Any suggestions?  

Comments

• Future Moment has an app.
  • Ummm .. You mean a whole track as in song? Not sure about Loopy for that - but certainly loops

• Audiostretch can do this, if memory serves. Don't know if it has auto BPM detection or not, but it certainly lets you stretch audio in fine increments.
  • I generally use Sector and Beatmaker 2 for that...
    I'm never sure i'm doing the right thing within Loopy! lol

If i'm not wrong, Auria can do it too
  • I've found beatmaker to be the best solution. If you know the original bpm. Don't know if it has beat detection. Afaik Timestretch can't adjust to a certain bpm. Just faster or slower. And Auria won't cooperate with me :D

• Djay 2 can detect BPM and you can choose to change it with or without changing key.  Lots of fun.
  • Audiostretch added the ability to show and adjust BPM at the last update, however I have no idea how this works. Description says "Option to show Tempo/BPM, adjusted according to speed setting. (Files must include BPM metadata for this to be useful)"

Is the tempo of a clip/track automatically added to metadata? Or are there any apps which will allow me to add/remove metadata?
  • I have audiostretch and tried to find out the bpm of a wav I exported from Session Band and I never shows BPM....

• cool thanks for the insights!  I am thinking I will likely be able to nudge the timestretching in Auria well enough to achieve this.  thanks all!
  • Would one of the DJ apps do this ??  Traktor ??
  • You can retime loops in the wave editor of the Caustic beta. Time stretch and beat detection included. 
  • edited December 2015
    @anickt said:
    You can retime loops in the wave editor of the Caustic beta. Time stretch and beat detection included. 

Cool, how long can a loop be?  ...and I take it you can export them?  ...also...  Are you allowed to talk about it?  
  • @anickt said:
    You can retime loops in the wave editor of the Caustic beta. Time stretch and beat detection included. 

Wow! How far in development is the beta?

• @AudioGus said:
    @anickt said:

Cool, how long can a loop be?  ...and I take it you can export them?  ...also...  Are you allowed to talk about it?  

I think the think the max for internal playback is around 24 seconds. Not sure what the limit of the wave editor is. I don't usually go much beyond 16 measures or so. Caustic integrates well with AudioShare as far as inputting and outputting. Works well with AB as a source or in output slot but the AB SDK hasn't been updated yet so the AB panel doesn't work with home button to right which is my preference. It is an open Beta so discussion is OK. I'd recommend checking out the 3.2 video by Laweffect on YouTube. To get the beta you just have to register on the Caustic forum. BTW you can bake effects into your samples also. This includes all of the effects in Caustic. They're not the greatest but they're all pretty useful. 

• @anickt said:

I use it a lot and forget it's beta. There are not too many issues at this point. My view of Caustic is that its individual functions might have some limitations but as a package it kicks butt. 
  • @anickt said:

I use it a lot and forget it's beta. There are not too many issues at this point. My view of Caustic is that its individual functions might have some limitations but as a package it kicks butt. 

I decided to wait until it was 'released' before revisiting, but am really looking forward to it now. As regards 'its individual functions might have some limitations but as a package it kicks butt.' this is also a pitch-perfect description of my marriage (v2.0). 
  • @anickt said:

I decided to wait until it was 'released' before revisiting, but am really looking forward to it now. As regards 'its individual functions might have some limitations but as a package it kicks butt.' this is also a pitch-perfect description of my marriage (v2.0). 

LOL! I married the wrong ones twice and let the good ones get away. Better to have loved and lost...
  • are these functions in caustics stand alone editor as well?
  • @kobamoto said:
    are these functions in caustics stand alone editor as well?

Not time stretch and BPM detection. The standalone was for support of the Korg sampler and was an early version of what is now in Caustic. He's also working on a mastering app.

• I wish those features were in the stand alone editor, I use it but don't have a volca.
  • You could try the very under rated LP-5

• What does one have to do to access the caustic beta other than register at his forum? I did so yesterday. Seems like I'll receive an invite of some sort? I've been so psyched for the stereo pcmsynth support and non 4/4 time sigs... And now time stretch!