Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anybody use musaico?

http://www.musai.co

does it have panning? Does it have any fx?
does it run on iOS 9?

Comments

• Where is that kid "Mikey" when you need someone who will "try anything"?

• I found that it was extremely basic. I don't think it has any FX or anything fancy.

• Hard to justify a ten spot on the 25th of November for an unknown quantity that hasn't been updated for a few years...

• There is a free version, but it is pretty limited and as JGY says, it hasn't seen an update in years.

• edited November 2015

@Telengard said:
    I found that it was extremely basic. I don't think it has any FX or anything fancy.

does it have panning?..... while elsewhere on the forum we are debating how great iOS development is vs desktop development, I'm drowning in a sea of no freakin panning in music apps, can I just have some panning and a pepsi pleaseeeeee

• edited November 2015

@Tritonman said:
    Where is that kid "Mikey" when you need someone who will "try anything"?

That would be me, I try anything, tries this one too and I have to agree with @telengard, it's pretty basic. I remember finding the sample sizing approach odd...

@kobamoto said:

@Telengard said:
    I found that it was extremely basic. I don't think it has any FX or anything fancy.

does it have panning?..... while elsewhere on the forum we are debating how great iOS development is vs desktop development, I'm drowning in a sea of no freakin panning in music apps, can I just have some panning and a pepsi pleaseeeeee

Panning wise I'd look at Praxis Beats, there's panning for every hit on the grid, and when you slice the hit into up to 16 pieces, each slice has its own pan, vol., and speed (pitch). There's a global pan that is automatable.
    And they've added track level export.

• thanks for chiming in Littlewoodg, I'm interested in dropping loops from patterning and samplr into musacio, I get that it has no fx , but does it have panning?, I just want to pan the tracks instead of having everything in the center... does it have panning?

• edited November 2015

@kobamato sorry for the digression, all you have to say is "panning" and off I go...

Reinstalled Musaico for a personal record of 45sec, and it is cooler than I remember but:

Nope. No panning in Musaico

Sounds like you are looking for a clip launch deal. Weird, LP-5, same thing, nice clip launcher no pan.

• YES BUT IS THERE ANY PANNING THOUGH AT ALL?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    YES BUT IS THERE ANY PANNING THOUGH AT ALL?

I've been busy so I haven't been around these parts lately, but every thread I come across you in you make me laugh out loud.

• This is one for the it had potential books.

• @kobamoto Patterning has pan. Stereo Designer and MiMiX have pan. There are many DAWS that have pan.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

lol

• @BvsMV said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I've been busy so I haven't been around these parts lately, but every thread I come across you in you make me laugh out loud.

John and myself are like the ACP, panning brigade!

• @Paul said:
    @kobamoto Patterning has pan. Stereo Designer and MiMiX have pan. There are many DAWS that have pan.

yes I know, it's just that all of the really interesting apps don't have panning for some ridiculous reason, not only my beloved Samplr, but the launchpad app, musaico, etc.... it's no crazier than the ACp, sample import, sample delete, conspiracies plaguing iOS sigh.... :(

Musaico does look like a fun way to arrange, edit, group, and trigger samples but noooooo
    panning was the straw that broke the camels back..... what kind of music doesn't use panning?

• ok thanks littlewoodg and all, anybody know of any other apps like this one?

• still I pan all my guitar, synths, etc..

• edited November 2015

hmm what loops and pans.

Bm2 with pads set for auto loop?

• edited November 2015

sampled guitar and sampled synth, recorded into Samplr, or the impc pro, anyway I put everything into audio share and then into other apps, would do all in samplr but again it has no panning. I don't use bm2. lol, wouldn't it be funny if I did all the arrangement in bm2, it does have panning... I deleted long ago but maybe I should load it back up. I never thought of only using it for arranging.

really musaico is would be perfect, it looks so quick. I've still got no response from the dev, have a feeling he does not care.

• @kobamoto said:
    sampled guitar and sampled synth, recorded into Samplr, or the impc pro, anyway I put everything into audio share and then into other apps, would do all in samplr but again it has no panning. I don't use bm2. lol, wouldn't it be funny if I did all the arrangement in bm2, it does have panning... I deleted long ago but maybe I should load it back up. I never thought of only using it for arranging.

really musaico is would be perfect, it looks so quick. I've still got no response from the dev, have a feeling he does not care.

Yeah, give BM2 a go for arranging. It's a little clunky, and set up like a traditional linear DAW, but I've made good use of the autoloop like @littlewoodg said. Also, where can I check out your music? All the stuff you talk about is right up my alley, but I never have seen you share music in here.

• Well I welcome having a good reason to load up bm2 again, you never know when something might click with you. I This is actually one of bm2s strengths, I could not use it for a beat machine but possibly something else, it's got so much stuff in it, thanks for the reminders. Re music, I'm really just here to converse with and learn from the brethren :smile: