Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple forcing restored iPad to upgrade to latest iOS version?

Kind of a weird thing happened last night... On my iPad with iOS 7.1.2 the yellow 'other' area of data usage had grown rather large (~3 gigs of data being used that I couldn't account for) so I decided to do a factory restore. After it restored, I was prompted to enter and verify a new security code. I put in the same code I always use. But the next time I tried to use the iPad, it wouldn't accept the code and locked me out of my iPad! When I set it up I think it's highly unlikely that I could have entered the same code wrong twice in a row. Now the only way that I can unlock my iPad is to go through this different restore procedure that's ALSO going to update the OS to the latest version. Curious if anyone else has had a similar account of this happening?

Comments

• Wow, never seen this one. But I know they download the OS update to you gadget without you authorizing it. Do I just delete it.

• To my knowledge this is the case when Apple has stopped singing said OS Version in the meantime. In this case you can only restore to the latest. Happened with my iPad as well when I was moving from iPad 3 to iPad mini 2.

• Apple corporate address:

1 FU TrollerPark Way

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Wow, never seen this one. But I know they download the OS update to you gadget without you authorizing it. Do I just delete it.

Yeah, just delete it!

• edited November 2015

I think that if you go back to "factory settings", it goes back to the iOS version that was running in when you've purchased it, but I'm not 100% sure.

• When you factory reset it phones home afterwards to get authorised. For those who jailbreak its the same issues. But for jailbreak you use impaktor to remove JB and delete all other data without having to update when it calls home.
    You have been forced to upgrade without any choice.

• edited November 2015

The 3GB in other issue sounds very much like the "I deleted the iOS 9 updates but they only deleted a 64Mb loader and left behind the 1G image" issue I faced some weeks back. My only recourse, since a backup/restore did not reclaim the data - just deleted 2.6GB of my Alchemy sounds instead :heartbreak: :cry: and left the 3GB in Other anyway :anguished: was to go to iOS 9. So far, there haven't been too many issues on iOS 9 except with clipping things happening that I've mentioned elsewhere (and, sorry @Sebastian - forgot to get an email out about that - will try to this week if I can :blush: ) and of course the fact that Auria doesn't work with Audiobus in iOS 9. :unamused:

So, if you are stuck going to 9, you'll probably be mostly OK :hushed: but be prepared for a few surprises still.

• BTW: I have subsequently blocked the Apple update site in my router... :joy:

• You should try being a developer - Apple is not allowing us to compile or test on IOS7 simulators - it's been dropped from the xcode tool. Shame they also cocked up Iphone 6 & ipad pro too for us...

• Tony @midiSequencer - one can always download and reinstall the iOS 7 SDK :smile:

• how do you stop the 'do you want to update ' message from popping up all the time on an iPad?

• @kobamoto said:
    how do you stop the 'do you want to update ' message from popping up all the time on an iPad?

not only that but how do you stop the upgrade cloud message as well

• Any more opinions on iOS9? I'm interested in having AU capability. But am reluctant to move from 8.2, which has Funbox compatibility still and runs pretty much problem free...