Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Warm Pad sounds for worship on ipad?

I have been looking for warm pad sounds that are somewhat similar to this video for my ipad but have had no luck.

And

What alternatives do I have to get a sound that is close to this? Any apps that can do it? Granted it will probably not be as full sounding as the video, but the use is for church during those times when the pastor is speaking close to the end of a sermon. I read something about soundfonts, are they a viable method?

Comments

• edited November 2015

That 80's Blade Runner/Twin Peaks sound in your video made me instantly think of an Oberheim synth... So I'd go with Arturia's iSEM

There are a few iSEM pad sounds starting at 10:45 here:

You could also take a listen to Yonac's Galileo. It has some warm pads and may be a bit more "organy" sounding than you're after.

• iSem plus a good reverb!

• Alchemy(if you have it?).... Thor, maybe?.... N Log Pro?...... Sunrizer?......Mitosynth?..... Magellan?.... There are quite a few. Alchemy would be my choice for easier real time morphing the sounds.

• edited November 2015

Korg iM1 might be good. Sure they've got some really familiar sounding presets but you can layer patches, have a split keyboard (so left hand can be the pad sound and right can be not a bad piano), adjustable filters for taking off a little extra treble, and nice sounding reverb + modulation effects.

edit: but there are lots of digital and 80s sounding things in there too so you'd probably have to put a patch together or go hunting for the right one.

• Yes, M1, also Roland Sound Canvas? But out of the two, I think your suggestion is a better than the Sound Canvas?.....Or run a few synths together on the same midi channel?

• edited November 2015

I remembered I have these Pink Floyd patches for iSEM, too. Can send them to you if you want to try:

• @Coloobar said:
    I remembered I have these Pink Floyd patches for iSEM, too. Can send them to you if you want to try:

That was great

• @Coloobar That pad sounds amazing! With a little cutoff I'm sure that can work wonders for what I do. I'd love for you to send it to me. How do we go about that? I give you my email or do you have it hosted somewhere I can download?

• @Grobles87 I came up with something using Animoog, AUFX:Space, and Thumbjam. I can try to figure out how to share if you have all those apps

• edited November 2015

Don't know if you need to play piano and pad at the same time and if you plan to layer the sounds. If you are, you might want something which provides some kind of tracking, so the volume decreases, the higher the notes. Closing the filter the higher the note, might also be nice. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious :-) Not sure isem gives you that, though it's a very nice synth.

• @Grobles87 said:
    @Coloobar That pad sounds amazing! With a little cutoff I'm sure that can work wonders for what I do. I'd love for you to send it to me. How do we go about that? I give you my email or do you have it hosted somewhere I can download?

Just PM me your email address. You can also email the author of that Pink Floyd youtube video... That's where I got them.

• @Hmtx I have Thumbjam and AUFX but not Animoog (yet). However I'd love to be able to hear what you came up with. Could you post a sound clip? If I find it appropriate for what I need I might just end up buying Animoog :)

• @RigVader That's the plan. I want to use piano and pad during the service. I don't really worry about the piano because I have a hardware keyboard already set up for that. I can just send in another channel to the mixer just for the ipad.

• ^ ^ I will try to put up a youtube this evening. works well with Animoog's keyboard but I have to test it with external MIDI keyboard.

• I think only iM1 can deliver that kind of sound from ios synths market. A bit of iPolySix can sound similar.

• edited November 2015

iProphet is very light also, a bit of strings and saw wave blending in there too which might suit your need.

• Mitosynth with Korg Module

• @Grobles87 said:
    I have been looking for warm pad sounds that are somewhat similar to this video for my ipad but have had no luck.

And

What alternatives do I have to get a sound that is close to this? Any apps that can do it? Granted it will probably not be as full sounding as the video, but the use is for church during those times when the pastor is speaking close to the end of a sermon. I read something about soundfonts, are they a viable method?

so what did you end up with?

• I actually found a couple of things. First of all, there are some great pad apps that have come out in the last couple of months. AutoPad and SoftPads are excellent and you just click on the key you want and it will turn on a neverending pad sound in that key. That actually allows me to focus on the piano playing without having to worry much. They are pretty customizable and each of them have various pad sounds. Also, I managed to get the warm pad in Korg Module modified enough as to make a working worship pad. And I also found a free pad sound for Sunrizer made by Dream Foot. It's called the DreamPad. You can make it a mellow or a fuller pad by changing the cutoff filter. It's great!

• @Grobles87 said:
    I actually found a couple of things. First of all, there are some great pad apps that have come out in the last couple of months. AutoPad and SoftPads are excellent and you just click on the key you want and it will turn on a neverending pad sound in that key. That actually allows me to focus on the piano playing without having to worry much. They are pretty customizable and each of them have various pad sounds. Also, I managed to get the warm pad in Korg Module modified enough as to make a working worship pad. And I also found a free pad sound for Sunrizer made by Dream Foot. It's called the DreamPad. You can make it a mellow or a fuller pad by changing the cutoff filter. It's great!

I concur soft pads and auto pad are awesome .. no frills apps which just do their job