Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tone Stack 2.0 Horns Up!

Little teaser video, sounds pretty darn cool.

Looks like I may be able to use Tone Stack for some Metal now. It was excellent for everything else.

http://www.musicappblog.com/tonestack-teaser/#comments

Comments

• @High5denied said:
    Little teaser video, sounds pretty darn cool.

Looks like I may be able to use Tone Stack for some Metal now. It was excellent for everything else.

http://www.musicappblog.com/tonestack-teaser/#comments

Confirms what @monzo & @Jocphone said when I was on the lookout for some filthy, disgusting guitar sounds. Yup, I'm in. Couple of Metal type threads today but I'm not sure I will be searching the attic for some old spandex just yet. I'll stick with me tartan bondage troosers.............cos they still fit...........just (ish)!

• Yeah metal seems to be the flavour of the year in guitar apps. I don't even listen to these demos (both Positive Grid's or this one) any more, I think metal is sooo boring.

Never mind, I will probably buy the new IAP's anyway...

• I saw a "Headbanger" Heavy Distortion pedal but other than that, the presets shown were funneled into "Marshall" style amps already in the app. I'll probably buy any (reasonable) IAP's also even though I am also not a huge metal guy. I do appreciate that it works on iPhone, too, as I'm about to upgrade to 6s, but my iPad is old as dirt.

• edited October 2015

@mmp Welcome to our world ... every day is synth/midi day on this forum ;)

Thanks for posting, @High5denied - nice sounds and all, but - and I'm amazed Yonac didn't fix this for their official video here - it still sounds like they need a decent noise gate. Awful lot of buzz on those stops.

But seeing as how I already have ToneStack and do not have Bias FX ($60+ to go all in after everything I spent on JamUp and Bias Amp?), here's hoping the upgrade/new app will be offered at a reasonable price for people who already bought the Motherlode.

I will throw horns \||/_ _\||/

• @Flo26 That would be nice :)

• "15 new goodies designed especially for our BASS friends"

Nice!

• "OU812"... as in Van Halen? Hmmm...

• Trust me when I tell you guys, this new stuff is for so much more than just Metal

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Trust me when I tell you guys, this new stuff is for so much more than just Metal

Nice, that's good to hear!

• Awesome, I like so much more than just Metal. Please don't tell the Metalheads, I don't want to loose my metal card. ;)...............

• The update just show up on my ipad.

• Downloading now, wow, almost 300 MB!

• Is it a free update?

• mmpmmp
    edited October 2015

No, 8-7 amps & cabs and 7 effects for guitar and bass each (15,14,14 total) seperate or in various bundles; for buyers of the original 'motherload' there's a $9,99 'motherload 2' bundle with all, time-limited 50% sale.

• Its free. You only have to pay for new IAP amps and FX.

• @mmp said:
    No, 8-7 amps & cabs and 7 effects for guitar and bass each (15,14,14 total) seperate or in various bundles; for buyers of the original 'motherload' there's a $9,99 'motherload 2' bundle with all, time-limited 50% sale.

ok thanks. If I'm not going to spend more cash on the new effects - is there any reason to download the new version? I don't particularly want to fill up my iPad with over 300mb of locked content if there's nothing new for Motherlode '1' users.

• It loads presets MUCH faster and appears to behave itself with Audiobus, the performance seems much better to me, however I don't see myself bothering with the new effects as I hate metal, and don't consider Bass guitar a real instrument.

• @banjofran said: ...and don't consider Bass guitar a real instrument.

:D

• edited October 2015

@Tritonman said:
    Downloading now, wow, almost 300 MB!

For reference or compairison, Tonestack 1.7 is 250 MB on iOS 8.4.1 not including the docs/data content. So for me, v1.7 is about 257 MB.

• It's one of those situations where I know I'll buy the IAP less for my love of metal (don't) but rather for the sake of completeness. Being locked out of a fraction of something unsettles me.

• I bought the Motherload upgrade IAP, if nothing else just to support Yonac who are among the best iOS developers on the planet.

• @banjofran said:
    ...and don't consider Bass guitar a real instrument.

But you consider banjo a real instrument? Interesting...

• @richardyot said:
    I bought the Motherload upgrade IAP, if nothing else just to support Yonac who are among the best iOS developers on the planet.

Me too. And it's nice to have all the new options. 10€ upgrade price seems a fair deal. Especially compared to BIAS FX.

• Yep purchased ML2 straight away, Yonac are great. It's not just metal stuff, there's a new Leslie unit and a funky Mu-Tron pedal among other things, and it's how you use stuff that makes it 'metal' anyways. No banjos though I'm afraid...

• edited October 2015

What's the opinions on the new effects? To be honest I'm feeling slightly underwhelmed by the new features. Is 8 quid cheap for a few new effects and cabs? I'd need to hear them first - problem with Tonestack is a lot of the distortions I have aren't that impressive, and there's a lot of very similar sounding pedals already.

While I agree it's great to support developers, I also need to keep an eye on supporting my own family too. Back on the fence with this one until a demo tells me otherwise.

• edited October 2015

@Flo26 said:
    I'm actually testing thenew update.some really good stuff in it!
    New amps sound really good! Overdrive pedals sound very pleasantly to my ears!
    Not really convinced by the shimmer reverb....
    I do really appreciate tonestack cause it respects and allows dynanmic playing!
    The sound is not overly compressed.i appreciate this a lot!!

Are you going to upload any demos Flo? That'd be helpful, at the moment all I can find is the company's stupid 'taste the metal' vid which amongst lots of camera waving, only seems to feature one new effect.

All very well supporting developers, but I wish some of them would support customers so we can see and hear what we're going to buy.

• Just bought Motherload upgrade from v1 to v2 for 9.99 Euros(50%off)..... Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!.....

• @Flo26 said:
    Yes monzo! I think i will upload an audio demo today if i have time.

Cheers Flo :)

• @Munibeast said:
    Me too. And it's nice to have all the new options. 10€ upgrade price seems a fair deal. Especially compared to BIAS FX.

+1