Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Second ever live performance - this time with added "AudioBus"

I did my second ever performance last night - but whereas the first time I only really did "stuff" within NanoStudio, this time it was all held together in AudioBus. I did have some misgivings about what would happen - and in the event everything went well and the technology behaved.

All done using an iPad 2 (AudioBus, MiMix, Nanostudio, Xynthesizr & Filtatron), and iPad mini 2 (AudioBus, MiMix, DFX, Addictive Micro, Addictive, Nave and Animoog) and an iPod Touch 4G - with a Synthstation 25 (just Nanostudio).

Just part of the "Church of Sound" events in Nottingham - I had a 20 minute set - with a stated brief of "ambient/experimental" - which it was (I think...).

And unlike the first time I enjoyed doing this one more - less people (only about 10-ish) - and I found doing a more informal improvisation kind of thing easier.

Anyway - it was a good to hold my own with others using Ableton + hardware synths & stuff using only iOS devices as the sound sources.

Anyway - keep up the good work with Audiobus (and other apps of course) :-)

Jan