Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog update

Animoog update is out. I've not updated yet as I've not had any problems yet with iOS 9.02 and Animoog.

Comments

• I'm not going first. I've been loving it recently on iOS 8.3. Can't risk it breaking :).

By the way, anyone notice that the last version has ABRemote triggers (for 'Orbit' and preset changing). Very nice.

• I'm not going first either lol. Will try the new Muckraker update instead.

• Team. Taking one for.

• @JohnnyGoodyear - I'll provide moral support.

• Works. Works with AB. State-saves nicely. All of which makes me happy. Air 1/latest. Anything particular I can take a look at, just let me know.

• I will open a bottle and await the outcome

• @JohnnyGoodyear

Any change recording into Auria?

• Is this ipad only? not seeing anything for iphone.

• edited October 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Works. Works with AB. State-saves nicely. All of which makes me happy. Air 1/latest. Anything particular I can take a look at, just let me know.

Is the volume of the presets still blasting out like a blasting too loud thing? Also, as in the case of the iProphet where the pressed keys are too indistinct, have they made the depressed key graphic darker so I can see the hell what I just pressed?

• yeah what's up with the blasting anyway?

• edited October 2015

Also... always something weird with the tempo.

Presets seem to own their own tempo, which is always annoying.

But also, if you trying syncing it to an external midi clock and then starting an incoming midi sequence the tempo always winds up slowly over a bar or so from 0 to your desired tempo - like a motor starting up.

Quite nice effect now and then - but annoying you can't seem to avoid this 'slowly winding up to the external tempo thing'

• rediscovered the 'random preset' tool through poking around.

• I love that thing. I recently got some penny whistle / flute sound I totally would not have expected from Animoog.

@reverberator said:
    rediscovered the 'random preset' tool through poking around.

• heh, yup, so many times I switched patches and forgot this... then later WTF!?

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Also... always something weird with the tempo.

• edited October 2015

@AudioGus I have to start saving some of these. Also it's a good way to get more familiar with pushing the routing and mod controls by working backwards. I got one that sounds like a bunch of clipping brass instruments playing Peter Brotzmann combined with bell pads.

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 Tempo lock button would be very appreciated. They have a pitch bend setting and 'use from preset' already, can't imagine it's a big add-on.

• WOrks good for me too. AIr 1 latest ios.

• @monzo said:
    Is the volume of the presets still blasting out like a blasting too loud thing? Also, as in the case of the iProphet where the pressed keys are too indistinct, have they made the depressed key graphic darker so I can see the hell what I just pressed?

Tough one. I can't tell you if it's MORE DARKER etc, because I don't remember how it was, but I can see it fine. Could it be better? Yes.

• edited October 2015

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    JohnnyGoodyear

Any change recording into Auria?

Having no joy into Auria via AB. Must be said that Auria has been on and off up-the-duff for me recording of late, so not a definitive test of the Animoog update to say it's not working thataways. Ani works just fine via AB into AS. Going to reboot and try again etc. viz Auria.

• FWIW records just fine into Cubasis via AB.

• If anyone would like to check to make sure presets and timbre transfer via oh yTunes work, I'd be much obliged, I know it's a pain and all, no rush BTW, won't be updating till all checks out fine, maybe not till they get iFunbox back up and running, who knows, I do so love iTunes........

• edited October 2015

I updated and used Auxy to drive animoog sitting in the input slot to record to audio share. Also had drumjam and Korg M1 in the input and aufx:space in the effect and everything seemed to work fine, except I could only monitor in auxy. State saving worked for animoog, which I had open to default before opening AB. Ipad air latest IOS.

• Not so excited about nation-building, but I am very pleased with state-saving.

• depends on which state but yeah I concur.

• Works good so far on iPod iOS 8.4.

• @reverberator said:
    rediscovered the 'random preset' tool through poking around.

Could you point a duffer in the right direction please?

Ever since Magellan's 'spawn' I'm a random tart etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear

Under the Setup tab, then 'Presets', it's the third button. And there's a menu where you can select which libraries of sounds you want it to draw from, so if you only want it to use patches from 'Analog' you can deselect all the others. The patches aren't quite as usable as the Magellan 'spawn' ones though, and sometimes you need to turn up the filter cutoff or adjust a silly setting like when filter drive gets set to 0, killing the signal chain.

• @reverberator said:
    JohnnyGoodyear

Under the Setup tab, then 'Presets', it's the third button. And there's a menu where you can select which libraries of sounds you want it to draw from, so if you only want it to use patches from 'Analog' you can deselect all the others. The patches aren't quite as usable as the Magellan 'spawn' ones though, and sometimes you need to turn up the filter cutoff or adjust a silly setting like when filter drive gets set to 0, killing the signal chain.

Appreciate the direction. Thanks for taking the time.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Tough one. I can't tell you if it's MORE DARKER etc, because I don't remember how it was, but I can see it fine. Could it be better? Yes.

Sorry, late night post - got it mixed up with iMini. As if they'd update that one! I feel such a fool...

• edited October 2015

@knewspeak said:
    If anyone would like to check to make sure presets and timbre transfer via oh yTunes work, I'd be much obliged, I know it's a pain and all, no rush BTW, won't be updating till all checks out fine, maybe not till they get iFunbox back up and running, who knows, I do so love iTunes........

Transfer works fine still, just used iExplorer to export from iPad and then import to iPhone.

-Auria IAA works just fine
    -Auria via Audiobus DOES NOT work
    -Cubasis IAA works
    -Cubasis via Audiobus works
    -Multitrack DAW IAA works
    -Multitrack DAW via Audiobus works

__

Has anybody gotten the 'Timbre selection will not auto-scroll if there is a touch on the right (list) side' to work? I hate having to close one sub-menu then scroll to another category etc. It was a small fix that I was most excited about.

Finally, I'm really sick of volume being tied to presets on all iOS synths. It's irrational to have them all cranked to 10. I don't want to record THAT hot. iMini is the worst...a master volume of 2-3 is usually a proper recording level.

• Great news and much thanks, @oat_phipps.