Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

News about Beatmaker 2 and 3!

Hi everyone, here are some news regarding BeatMaker 2 and 3 !
We are currently updating BeatMaker 2 to fix the iOS 9 and Audiobus issues. It should be available somewhere next week.
On the other hand, BeatMaker 3 is under heavy development. We are working hard to bring you the next best beatmaking and sampling app on iOS !...

Comments

• Did not expect to continue supporting BM2. Nice! Anyone with jail broken iPad ? I would like to know if it's possible to delete the factory samples.

• This waiting in next gen apps is killing me!!!

• Bm3 in September 2015 was clearly wrong. Still, it's good to be kept in the loop.

• Clearly wrong..... But it was INTUA that said that they were going to have a major announcement in September.... Surely this little blip of news was 'not' the announcement....

I think their timeline slipped...

• Yea the wait for Bm3 and auria is making me forget they're even coming out.

Too much pre-hype!

• yes yes yes

• Thanks for the good news

• @SrKunp said:
    This waiting in next gen apps is killing me!!!

right? I cant take this anymore lol. I'm fine with whats existing but if they can be made better...why not?!?!

• From the Indus forum

Hey @beatifictatter !

Don't worry, we are currently updating BeatMaker 2 to fix the issues that iOS 9 and Audiobus brought.

In parallel, we are working heavily on BeatMaker 3. We redesigned everything from the ground up. It is a totally new app that brings a new dimension to sampling / beatmaking on iOS.

This won't be a free update to BeatMaker 1 or 2 since this app is under development for a long time and its feature set is unmatched to this day. BeatMaker 2 is more than 4 years old and we're still updating it.
    This is our philosophy, and it comes at a price.

You can get more up-to-date news by following our Twitter @intua or Facebook page

Hope you understand our point.

Best,
    Mathieu.

Hello @korakios !

Thanks for being a loyal customer. You won't be disappointed with BeatMaker 3.

The initial BM3 sound bundle will be smaller compared to BeatMaker 2 but also more curated. We want to bring the initial app size down the 100MB limit, probably even less.

We realized it was problematic to download / install huge apps like BeatMaker 2 (~500MB). With the availability of the sound store, it does not make sense to provide so much samples with the initial installation.

Cheers !
    Mathieu.

• xenxen
    edited October 2015

Software estimating 101. Develop the plan. Work out the duration. Double it. Start work. Get half way through and then to reestimate the time to completion, double the remaining duration.

Repeat for three iterations until the project is hopelessly over budget and the only option remaining is release to market with testing being completed by the end user.

The rest of the development teams career will now be spent chasing bugs and trying to keep up with the relentless platform OS upgrade cycle.

• Still looking forward to seeing it over that green hill....

• Amen Bro! Amen!!

@xen said:
    Software estimating 101. Develop the plan. Work out the duration. Double it. Start work. Get half way through and then to reestimate the time to completion, double the remaining duration.

Repeat for three iterations until the project is hopelessly over budget and the only option remaining is release to market with testing being completed by the end user.

The rest of the development teams career will now be spent chasing bugs and trying to keep up with the relentless platform OS upgrade cycle.

• Well, the reduced initial size makes it appealing, glad they heard user feedback. And for the person who asked about deleting the factory samples if your device is out of jail, yes, you can. I don't have one now but when I did I did.

• Reading between the lines, sounds like BM3 is still a ways off, so the announced Sept. announcement had to be delayed. Would have rather heard they are not updating BM2 because BM3 is imminent.

• i wish they would at least show some screen shots that would tell us enough of what we need to know is going on.

• edited October 2015

Yes, some carrot on a stick would do the trick.

• edited October 2015

This is good news indeed, would love to know how the 'sample editor' has improved, it's still a pain in the a** to do fine selections for editing while trying to scroll at the same time as the selection is easily lost :D (Would love to see the arrow handles on selection start end, as seen when editing slices). Or at least something similar to what is present in Caustic...

• Like Auria Pro, I can wait for BM3. I've been trying to get substantial work done w/Auria & BM2 for a couple years now, and the last thing I need is to get my workflow interrupted further.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Well, the reduced initial size makes it appealing, glad they heard user feedback. And for the person who asked about deleting the factory samples if your device is out of jail, yes, you can. I don't have one now but when I did I did.

Thank you! I'll try it when 8.4.1jb comes out!

In the meantime I wonder why Intua doesn't invite people for beta testing.

• come on BM3!

• come on BM3!