Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

transfer wav file from Sd card into iPad or iPhone ?

I am recording with sounds with my Tascam dr-40. It's a great recorder, but I would love to be able to take the wav files from my Sd card, and open and edit them on my iPad, while still out in the field. What are you guys using to accomplish this?

Comments

• I always have to use an SD Card reader into my laptop when I want to transfer files created on my MPC to my iPad. Wish my MPC had internet access, then I'd use Dropbox to do it.

• I so got used to not being able to do these simple things that seeing 'sd card' and ipad in the same sentence feels inappropriate.

• agreed, why does it have to be such a hassle. I should just be able to just plug it in to a ad card adapter, and transfer them into the iPad. Any ideas? anyone?

• You could always try something like this

http://www.very.co.uk/apple-lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader/1187300169.prd?sku=sku13658708&aff=google&affsrc=acquisition&cm_mmc=google--PLA+-+Electricals--Electricals+-+Computer+Accessories+-+Cables+%26+Power+Supply-_-_85148960098&k_clickid=1734d225-1fe1-2468-3330-00002ace09f8&gclid=CKHhnPOCrMgCFeKw2wodrqgBhw&kpid=13658708

• yes, thanks, but I have one of those, and you can't transfer audio files, wav or MP3 or MP4 with this adapter. at least I haven't figured out how. do you use this method? if so, how can you access and download the files to your iPad?

• @eross said:
    I am recording with sounds with my Tascam dr-40. It's a great recorder, but I would love to be able to take the wav files from my Sd card, and open and edit them on my iPad, while still out in the field. What are you guys using to accomplish this?

You could get a reader that has Wi-Fi (I think they exist?) or one of those wifi sd cards and then use goodreader or another app to transfer via Wi-Fi. Does audioshare connect via Wi-Fi? I don't remember.

• wi fi in the ad card? that would be sweet

• anybody use a maxwell air stash wifi card reader? or wifi hard drive with card reader to transfer wav files to and from iPad?

• I do know the Wi-Fi sd cards exist, people use them in cameras.

• edited October 2015

Hi @eross, you need to take the SD card out of the Tascam (or plug a USB lead from Tascam) to your laptop and dump all sounds onto it (the laptop). Then plug your iPad into your laptop and using iTunes copy your sounds into an app.. AudioShare, TwistedWave, Cubasis, Auria or something along those lines.

EDIT- I have the DR100, and I do this a lot. It works well and the best thing is -iTunes is free.

• I have one of these -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apotop-Wireless-Card-Reader-iPhone/dp/B0098Z2C9A

It has it's own app, but I tend to use Goodreader.

• fitz. thanks that may be what I am looking for. I don't think they sell that brand here in the United states, but I saw a some similar products to that. is it pretty fast to transfer files?

• Eross, there are similar wifi devices made by hootoo on Amazon.

• I use ArkMC as a remote to transfer everything with PC, NAS, TV etc.

• Eross, upload/download speeds vary. Not sure why. I did notice that speeds where better if both iPad and Reader where charging though.

• @eross said:

The easy way is iPhone Transfer. It can let you directly transfer data between SD card and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. And if the format is not compatible with the iOS device, it can automatically convert the file format before adding to the iOS device.

• @eross said:

The easy way is iPhone Transfer. It can let you directly transfer data between SD card and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. And if the format is not compatible with the iOS device, it can automatically convert the file format before adding to the iOS device.

• edited January 2019

This would be an easy task. We just need this free Data Transfer software, it can transfer all WAV files from SD card to iPhone or iPad with simple clicks.

• This is better. It works with a free iOS app that easily lets you copy any kind of files from an SD card onto iPad or iPhone: geekgo SD & Micro SD Card Reader for Apple iPhone iPad/Android Phone/MacBook / Computer

• If you had a spare android phone with an OTG adaptor plugged into a card reader, that could read the card and send to the cloud (or be a wireless ad-hoc point perhaps?) or at least Bluetooth it across.

• You doing asmr? Well i'm not sure, i once use a transfer tool from FoneDog to move my pics from the camera sd card
    is Tascam sd card the same like the camera?