Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Circuit Groovebox

Comments

• edited October 2015

They stay on the memory card. You just need to perform an OS update and then reload the correct All Patterns file and it's like having either unit. Takes 5 minutes, if that. Well worth a search on the Korg electribe forums if you're interested in the details: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99902

• @shortbus said: Agreed. I tried it briefly to sequence and works well. I'm not sure why the drums only send/receive on channel 10 and why they didn't give each drum its own channel. Perhaps they will fix this with an update.

Only used it for an hour again last night but I really like the workflow. You can start a beat pretty quickly and the learning curve is quite low.

I'm also excited to see what they do with the companion software they mentioned. Obviously the real sell of the Circuit is portability/standalone but being able to tweak it and add more patches would be inviting.

Circuit looks to be a very hands-on companion to an iOS device. I can see Circuit being used as the master sequencer (or vice versa) with iOS apps filling in the obvious gaps like sample triggering.

• @mkell424 said:
    If they sell well I'm sure there will be a sampling model. That's what happened with Electribe.

Yeah and then the firmware on the sampler model will get hacked and allow it to duplicate the functions of the non-sampler version:)

• edited October 2015

@Tarekith thanks

@dham- we can only hope. The fact that they even came out with a cool little box like this and didn't add sampling symbolizes everything going haywire in iOS right now, even though it's not an iOS issue it's like the whole legacy of novation is built on sampling. I have 2 launchpads used to have 3, and all I've used them for is sampling and manipulating samples, whether on mac, pc, or iOS the launchpad is synonymous with sampling. Then they go and pull something out of one of your dreams and make a stand alone unit with great functionality and leave out the sampling !!!
    that would be like monome finally coming out with a stand alone monome that doesn't do any of the things monome does or an iPad app that didn't have multitouch capability. almost every single video of a launchpad on youtube is of it manipulating /triggering samples. This is like one of those things that used to make Arsenio Hall say hmmm?

• @Noirflux said:
    I'm also excited to see what they do with the companion software they mentioned.

By "companion to an iOS device" I was just talking about hooking the Circuit up via MIDI to existing iOS apps in order to do things like triggering samples. I'm not counting on Novation to add custom sample loading via a firmware update or for the upcoming software they mentioned to be anything other than allowing more extensive controls for what's already there in Circuit.

• Thinking about the new Electribes? I strongly suggest you have a look at the Korg Electribe Forum and read about the grief that the owners have to suffer. In particular is the pattern sustain bug which it seems to be stuck with. It cuts off all delay/tails/sustain when changing patterns. Grim indeed.

• edited October 2015

Wow! You would think this person would have better things to do than create multiple forum user accounts and write back to each other. He must have a great social life and a lot of friends. Or at least lots of friends that talk to Tritonman.

• @mkell424 said:
    Wow! You would think this person would have better things to do than create multiple forum user accounts and write back to each other. He must have a great social life and a lot of friends. Or at least lots of friends that talk to Tritonman.

Who has duplicate accounts? 0_o

• Ordered a Circuit last night, woo hoo! Also, the sustained pattern bug has been somewhat remedied with the newer OS. Effects tails now carry over as long as you have the same effect on the same part in both patterns. Works great.

• @mkell424 said:

Is that Tritonman one or two? His alter-ego.

• @MirEko said:
    Who has duplicate accounts? 0_o

Sounds like some people have been talking about the new Electribe and what goes on in the Electribe forum without differentiating it from the Circuit or making explicit who/what they're referring to, thus the confusion.

• @mkell424 said:

Which person?
    Why will you/nobody name the two account person? If you are going to slag someone off on a forum- surely you should name them in order that they might reply. It's a question of fairness and integrity- is it not?

Also I have not been confused about the circuit/ electribe discussion- I thought it was quite clear- so I don't know who the some people are either- or what the problem is?

• One for PC, One for iOS, that makes Two?

• @knewspeak said:
    One for PC, One for iOS, that makes Two?

Yes the question is do you combine the two into a single OS like Microsoft has done with Surface? With Windows 10 you get Windows tablet OS running in the same environment with Windows. Should Apple combine OS X with iOS to run on one platform on a device like the Mac Pro? Or is it better to have the the computer and the tablet be separate?

• 2b or 2c that is the answer, oh now I've forgotten the question? Let me tri to remember, oh n' man, just can't.

• @Tarekith said:
    Ordered a Circuit last night, woo hoo!

Yes! Looking forward to your video. ;)

• @knewspeak said:
    2b or 2c that is the answer, oh now I've forgotten the question? Let me tri to remember, oh n' man, just can't.

What does that mean? I'm just trying to have a conversation with you. Just answer my question. Here I will repost it:

@mkell424 said:
    Yes the question is do you combine the two into a single OS like Microsoft has done with Surface? With Windows 10 you get Windows tablet OS running in the same environment with Windows. Should Apple combine OS X with iOS to run on one platform on a device like the Mac Pro? Or is it better to have the the computer and the tablet be separate?

• @MirEko, @shortbus, @robosardine, are all puzzled as to two.

• And as to OS, a modular OS, but that really needs high bandwith wireless communication, I believe they are working on it and further into the future organic computation, yes I know that we are that, but can we compute like plants?

• i'm confused

• what the heck is going on here, can we get back to talking about the lack of sampling in this box essentially making it the first launchpad to exist whom's purpose is to not work with samples.... and can we skip all the negative stuff and just skip to speculating on the wonderful future Novation is going to bring us when they add sampling and slicing to the circuit. Lets start giving them praise now because they've always been known to have allot of insight as well as foresight on breaking new ground when it comes to musical innovations. I've always loved Novation for bringing the grid to the 99%

• @kobamoto said:
    what the heck is going on here, can we get back to talking about the lack of sampling in this box essentially making it the first launchpad to exist whom's purpose is to not work with samples.... and can we skip all the negative stuff and just skip to speculating on the wonderful future Novation is going to bring us when they add sampling and slicing to the circuit. Lets start giving them praise now because they've always been known to have allot of insight as well as foresight on breaking new ground when it comes to musical innovations. I've always loved Novation for bringing the grid to the 99%

I agree but let's not forget the Wasp.

• who's that?

• @kobamoto said:
    who's that?

Not who, but what, EDP Wasp, the synth, the first synth I played, part of Novation lore.

• ohhh that wasp, yesss the yellow one that synth is nice!

• @kobamoto said:
    ohhh that wasp, yesss the yellow one that synth is nice!

Awe inspiring it was, to me, I was just a kid.

• @kobamoto said:
    what the heck is going on here, can we get back to talking about the lack of sampling in this box essentially making it the first launchpad to exist whom's purpose is to not work with samples.... and can we skip all the negative stuff and just skip to speculating on the wonderful future Novation is going to bring us when they add sampling and slicing to the circuit. Lets start giving them praise now because they've always been known to have allot of insight as well as foresight on breaking new ground when it comes to musical innovations. I've always loved Novation for bringing the grid to the 99%

TBF the launchpad has never been exclusively for samples. It was a launcher for Live. Tbh this is more like a mini ableton push.

• Look forward to tarekith's video, always very informative.

• @Duncanm said:
    TBF the launchpad has never been exclusively for samples. It was a launcher for Live. Tbh this is more like a mini ableton push.

yeah but all it every launched was samples, all it launches in iOS is samples, it came to prominence as the poor mans monome for launching samples, and even the push launches samples.... everything they are doing with the Circuit now is cool, but their bread and butter for launchpad products is launching samples, they must have thought that when the day comes that they make the first stand alone grid based beat machine that surely everyone who uses an instrument like this to launch samples would wonder about it?

• @kobamoto have you seen nomone? Let's you run monome apps on the launchpad :)