Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneStack 2 coming

A few days ago I received the following email. I'm sure others got it too, but I haven't seen any mention of it here on forum:

"Coming Soon… ToneStack 2.0

"We're in the final stages of getting ToneStack 2.0 ready! This is a HUGE update that will include over 40 brand new amps, cabs, & effects, including 15 new goodies designed especially for our BASS friends. Keep your eyes peeled!"

Comments

• Will Motherlode owners get the update free?

• edited September 2015

@monzo said:
    Will Motherlode owners get the update free?

as a brand new motherlode owner the answer to this question interests me as well.

• Yonac is one of the best five developer on iOS!

Today I finally bought Moderload 1.0 to Tonestack v1... Awesome sales just now (minus 70%)!

Love from Sweden!

• the 1.0 after motherload always indicated to me that we would not be getting future additions for free. Sounds like a ton on new content so that's not what I would consider an outrage, i only paid $13 for the motherload anyways.

• @rhcball said:
    the 1.0 after motherload always indicated to me that we would not be getting future additions for free. Sounds like a ton on new content so that's not what I would consider an outrage, i only paid $13 for the motherload anyways.

Paying more for an update isn't really the issue for me, more that older versions get abandoned and not kept updated.

• @monzo said:
    Paying more for an update isn't really the issue for me, more that older versions get abandoned and not kept updated.

It sounds like this is all going to be the same app, just with new store content.

• Looking forward to it !

• @monzo said:
    Will Motherlode owners get the update free?

I honestly doubt it. Especially with people having picked up the lot for a tenner during most recent sale. I didn't get it because I've already bought the packs I was after but definitely intrigued by v2.

• Fair enough, I don't mind paying for new packs.

• I would guess some sort of upgrade price with a discount for buying the Motherload.

• Well, just as I said bassist were ignored in bias fx (after some cool bass stuff in jamup), they announced this. I'll take a look when it comes out, although I haven't been using modeling on iOS at all lately.

• Sounds cool. If they worked on the distortion pedals in Tonestack, it would be my go to.

• @High5denied said:
    Sounds cool. If they worked on the distortion pedals in Tonestack, it would be my go to.

Yeah the distortions could be improved, agree. Very happy with the purchase overall so far though.

• Noise gate?.

• There are two noise gates already. I don't recall if they were both part of the motherload though.

• Noise X! comes free, Brandenburg Gate is part of an iap bundle.

• edited September 2015

Some people including myself actually paid 45€ for the motherload, so I think a free upgrade would definitely be in the cards. I'd be pissed if I had to pay again for 2.0.

• @Munibeast said:
    Some people including myself actually paid 45€ for the motherload, so I think a free upgrade would definitely be in the cards. I'd be pissed if I had to pay again for 2.0.

Ya, I';m in that camp.

• Not 40 new amps, but 40 new amps/cabs/effects, right? Good to see more love for bass players, that was one area where the Positive Grid products and even Agile AmpKit were arguably superior as an all-in-one recording solution.

I was an early adopter of ToneStack and the Motherload. I thought I read something in Motherload that you would get free access to any future IAP's, but perhaps I am confusing that with a different guitar app. Given that I paid the $50 for it and then watched them discount it just a few weeks later, yeah, I'd like to get the additional stuff free.

• But it says it's a free upgrade right? just improvements to the existing app and new IAPs to buy.
    It's not a new app.

• Considering how good Tonestack is, and it really is very good, I personally don't begrudge them if there is some kind of paying element to the new IAPs, and I bought the Motherload full price on day 1. Yonac deserve to be paid for their development time, we can't expect devs to give us free upgrades for ever while they subsist on thin air.

The business model of the appstore is a bit broken really, and it seems to lead to a sense of entitlement amongst users. You wouldn't get this kind of moaning about the need to pay for upgrades on any other platform.

• The motherload clearly says V1 and is worth every penny. If they bring out further IAP, it should be charged for for V2 and I hope they do, so they can continue to make great apps.

• @richardyot said:
    Considering how good Tonestack is, and it really is very good, I personally don't begrudge them if there is some kind of paying element to the new IAPs, and I bought the Motherload full price on day 1. Yonac deserve to be paid for their development time, we can't expect devs to give us free upgrades for ever while they subsist on thin air.

The business model of the appstore is a bit broken really, and it seems to lead to a sense of entitlement amongst users. You wouldn't get this kind of moaning about the need to pay for upgrades on any other platform.

Completely agree. Even at full price, the motherlode cost less than a single guitar pedal and is way more expansive.

A whole new batch of content should need paying for.

Developers got to eat too..

• @mrufino1 said:
    Well, just as I said bassist were ignored in bias fx (after some cool bass stuff in jamup), they announced this. I'll take a look when it comes out, although I haven't been using modeling on iOS at all lately.

I've been running my precision through the clean preset I normally use for my guitar and it sounds great. Might be harder with distortions though.

• edited September 2015

Interesting to see that a company that has created a good relationship with it's users, by fair pricing and numerous sales, has also created a sense of 'goodwill' towards them too.
    Positive Grid, take note !

• @supadom said:
    I've been running my precision through the clean preset I normally use for my guitar and it sounds great. Might be harder with distortions though.

I've been using my zoom b1on into my vt bass for most of my recording and live work now, and the b1on has usually been on bypass with my uke bass, only used for the occasional effect. i sold my apogee one and my alesis interface gets very noisy in my house (so did the apogee when plugged in, but not on battery- it's my house wiring obviously), so I went the hardware route and haven't had any issue. I mostly use modeling, if it all now, for reamping if necessary.