Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jasuto on sale - Is it iOS 8.4.1 compatible?

Jasuto is on sale for $0.99. It was last updated Dec 8, 2014.
My question for those who use it: Does it still work on iOS 8.4.1 and with audiobus?

Comments

• Not sure, though I doubt it as it says 5.1. Where did you see it was on sale? As app shopper isn't showing it (I'm not sure of its normal price)

• Just bought it, seems to work fine on 8.3, nice app....could do with a UI update but great value here.

• It works fine on my iPad4 running iOS8.4.1

• @PsYAuM said:
    Not sure, though I doubt it as it says 5.1. Where did you see it was on sale? As app shopper isn't showing it (I'm not sure of its normal price)

It's listed on AppPriceDrop

Thanks for the confirmation Carnbot & fjcblanco.

• Says there's iAP in the AppStore but everything seems to be unlocked unless I'm mistaken.

• It works fine on my iPad3 running iOS8.4.1

• edited September 2015

@Carnbot said:
    Says there's iAP in the AppStore but everything seems to be unlocked unless I'm mistaken.

Yes, since v. 1.6 (now is called "Jasuto", not "Jasuto Pro"), everything is unlocked out of the box.

• edited September 2015

I wish I could get in to it more. Tried a few times, but couldn't maintain the patience and commitment. It's a cool app though and worth .99 for sure.
    (And ya it is working on my iPad mini iOS 8.3. Don't have 8.4.1)

• It works as well on Output slot, but I don't figure out how to use it.

• Jasuto and Sunvox maybe having babies together, tucked into the dark recesses of my Synths folder where they linger unloved and neglected...

• nice, modular synth for the iphone

• Didn't work very well on my iPad 2, not a fan to be honest.

• Could never work this one out.... (Like a few other apps!)

• Just bought this, what a bargain for 79p. I'll need to read the quick start guide but already looking like a lot of fun.

• It is a lot of fun. Built in sequencer, effects and modulations galore.

• I have been working on a web site that seeks to answer Kandavu's question. It's close, but not quiet finished yet, but since I'm unlikely to get a better opportunity to bring it up...

CanIUpdate.com

This is a very simple site that shows the operational status of music apps under selected versions of iOS. There is a color scheme to indicate status:

Gray- no active bugs under the currently selected OS version

Green- a bug has been reported, but was fixed during the selected OS version

Yellow- an unresolved bug was reported during the currently selected or a previous OS version, this bug is annoying but the app is still usable

Red- an unresolved bug was reported during the currently selected or a previous OS version, this bug is critical and the app is not usable

I am not seeking to "disrupt" anything with this site, I just wanted to write a tool that would be useful to those of us in the iOS music making community. I had help from Audiobus forum user TGiG, and Colin from The SoundTest Room provided me with a file to use for an initial app list import. Mucho Gracias to those guys.

Please feel free to let me know if I'm missing anything, or have something entered incorrectly. I hope to have the last couple of problems fixed in the next couple of hours (it's evening in So. Cal.). Then I can concentrate on data input.

I hope you find it useful, and thanks the Audiobus folk for permitting me to mention it here.

• Thanks for sharing @Markomatic. It's an ambitious project. I will say that I've seen Different Drummer do some odd things in the Operations panel, which caused it to lock up in iOS 9.0, but I haven't been able to verify it against previous iOS's, which is why I say the project is ambitious....there are so many different use cases, that you might want to qualify how it was tested. I realize that gets exponentially more complicated though.

• You're welcome, @funjunkie27. And of course you're right, to do something like this fully, you'd need to have the power and AI of Google behind you. You'd basically need to be watching everybody using every app and deprive your private army of data scientists of sleep so they could churn through everything you observe.

I'll keep plugging away at it, for a while anyway. I still believe there must be some way of simply representing an interpreted reading of the general stability out in the field. Rather like the way a single line of a lyric can capture a great depth of emotion and understanding.

• You could do a version 0 of the site purely by crowdsourcing the opinions of yes or no. People can vote for whether it works or not. That may prove sufficient enough to not bother to implement the bug report scavenging, which itself is originally only provided by human input also.

• Anyone know if Jasuto works on iOS 9?

• @fruitbat1919, I just bought it and I'm running iOS 9.0.1. Didn't play with it too extensively, but all the presets I tried loading worked just fine.

• @t0dk0n said:
    fruitbat1919, I just bought it and I'm running iOS 9.0.1. Didn't play with it too extensively, but all the presets I tried loading worked just fine.

Thanks for that.

• Thanks @Markomatic, I had a look at your site and will consult it the next time a should I or shouldn't I, comes up.