Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alina String Ensemble, Now Availble for iPad

Comments

• Sounds great - I just posted on another thread about putting it through a chorus or phaser - and there you are showing it!

• Thanks Phil, I love this, sounds like nothing else

• Why don't devs let you choose MIDI channel? I'm guessing they never used any MIDI hardware.

• Shame Arturia didn't release the Solina on IOS, like the VST version.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Thanks Phil, I love this, sounds like nothing else

I am so impressed with this app. Sound is amazing. Strong.

I have decided to scrap Sampletank for a while and go alla carte with these types of sounds.

Grabbed this app and the IFretless pack last night as deleted Sampletank off IPADS only leaving it on IPHONE for loop making.

• I have iSymphonic and all the IAPs. Would I need to get this?

• @Vorgon said:
    I have iSymphonic and all the IAPs. Would I need to get this?

These are synthy strings, so comparisons may be more with ZedSynth, LaPlace etc.

Nice thing is, it's not iPad only: it's universal

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Nice thing is, it's not iPad only: it's universal

Ah, that settled it. The price was also right. I'm loving it because while iSphonic is perfect for strong orchestral sounds the, the synthy sounds on this remind me deliciously of many of the records I was buying in the 80s.

• Great 80s sounds. Well worth 2.99.

• Any specific songs it was strongly featured on?

• @pichi said:
    Any specific songs it was strongly featured on?

Try Gary Numans Pleasure Principle album....I believe the Solina Ensemble is used a fair bit

• Rolling Stones Fool to Cry

• OK. I've got that one. Guess I'll have to give it a spin... :-)

• It's a total classic, really sounds like nothing else, it was used loads in the 80's, and we had one, which is probably why I like it, run it through a phaser or flanger, it's lovely with emo chorus

• I picked it up because it was universal and only $2.99. Also, I'm a huge fan of bs-16i, and that developer worked on this one. It sounds great, but it's essentially one instrument with slight variations on it, not 6. And it's about 100MB. But it is a classic sound and super-accessible for use.

• I got this and Mobile Convolution Reverb at the same time, and they go well together. Now considering Super Manetron.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    It's a total classic, really sounds like nothing else, it was used loads in the 80's, and we had one, which is probably why I like it, run it through a phaser or flanger, it's lovely with emo chorus

I got excited about it until I heard it was a sampled emulation. I think the string in the iM1 are better and more varied and "alive" sounding. This is the first release of this app though so it can only get better.

• edited September 2015

@pichi said:
    Any specific songs it was strongly featured on?

I hit the a couple keys on this and instantly: Your Silent Face by New Order... Very cool synth, especially for the price.

• This sounds great through guitar amps

• JMJ used a variant known as the Eminent 310, on Oxygene and Equinoxe, that distinctive phased paraphonic sound, along with ARP's and the VCS3.

• @knewspeak said:
    JMJ used a variant known as the Eminent 310, on Oxygene and Equinoxe, that distinctive phased paraphonic sound, along with ARP's and the VCS3.

Yeah its essentially the same machine, the Solina was built by Eminent who were an organ manufacturer, ARP wanted a string machine and licensed it from Eminent, it originally was part of one of their organs

• The ARP Omni was related too, I think it was a later devepolment of the Solina.

• edited September 2015

@anickt said:
    Why don't devs let you choose MIDI channel? I'm guessing they never used any MIDI hardware.

Is this true? If yes: Fixed on channel 1 or Omni Mode?

• Bought it. I'm such an app slut! I was just listening to Ashra and thought, hang on those strings sound just like that new app! I need it now! Sounds pretty good though.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Now considering Super Manetron

The reviews that say it is not properly tuned are scaring me off

• @johnfromberkeley said:

Yep not taken the plunge yet. I like the idea of samples from an original, but depends how badly tuned we are talking about.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

I felt the same way, but to be fair any decent facsimile of vintage gear should recreate it's beautiful flaws should it not, but in this case I think it was different, so I was scared off, don't know if the situation has changed.

• Nearly spent my app budget for this month. At the moment it stands at Combo Organ and Super Manetron or Notion.

• that sounds pretty wiched

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Nearly spent my app budget for this month. At the moment it stands at Combo Organ and Super Manetron or Notion.

Notion = AUdiobus

Notion not on A-Bus, ?