Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ios9, AU, midi and stuff

is these any news , about the audio units implementation in ios 9 ? cant find nothing anywhere.
will we see any improvement in ios 9 with midi, IAA ?
it is horrible at the moment, i almost gave up trying to make things work together. nothing really works well.
it seems the big guns only want you to work with their stuff ( which is totally sucks and unpofessional), - cubasis with the built in sampler and synth, gadget is totally closed,
and stuff like genome you need to work on for hours just to set them up, cause the midi on ios is unpredictable.

i found that one of the best advantages of ipad, is to be able to sketch ideas, and then transfer it to pc daw, where there are the VST versions of nave, ims-20 , same drum samples. this workflow is amazing.
will we ever have a midi AND audio looper soon ? like gadget but OPEN TO CREATIVITY and other apps, not CLOSED and minimal.

any chance to see any screens of the interesting stuff in auria pro? now that its beta tested ?
:)

Comments

• It's early days for iOS. Believe me when I say music making on computers used to be in the same state many years ago.

I think you're being a bit harsh on the Devs and "Big Guns", they are learning as iOS is developing.

Things will most likely improve for iOS, as its short history already shows imho.

• I think we all want to know ;)
    So who will be the first iOS developers to create an iOS AU?

• From the rumours in threads, I don't think IAA's AU implementation is exactly the same as the desktop, only in part, but remember on desktop system the VST AU standard is not a perfect one, VST3 is progress but is far from being fully implemented by most DAW's and then the problems with AU midi devices, but iOS has an opportunity to not just do things as well as the desktop, but better, if it can create a better set of conventions. Midi and inter-app control should be a main priority IMO.

• edited September 2015

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    It's early days for iOS. Believe me when I say music making on computers used to be in the same state many years ago.

I think you're being a bit harsh on the Devs and "Big Guns", they are learning as iOS is developing.

Things will most likely improve for iOS, as its short history already shows imho.

That's true but there is no reason (beside selling new hardware) that it has to evolve so slowly on iOS since all they do is adding features which are there since years on other OS.
    I just hope the iOS AU's will not be such a half baked things like IAA.
    Sorry when i sound again a bit harsh on this but even when iOS is "young", since it's just a OSX derivate, it's not that they have to invent everything new. For me it's just a controlled evolve of an mobile OS because they have to sell each year new hardware. Once iOS and the hardware will be nearly where OS X is, no one would buy every 1-2 year a new device!

Will be interesting how this evolves in the next years. I really hate windows but for me they go in the right direction now. One OS to rule them all. Of course apple could try the same but with a better way. F.e. instead of touch OSX just OSX and iOS on one device. They could offer a way that iOS apps could interact with OSX apps (and the file management) on one device.

But then apple is no wonder..... it's one company of many. In some years they may rule the world or another will catch them finally.....
    Apple is really good in catching us in their eco system but i didn't bought any new iOS apps in the last months (o.k..... just a few ;) since there is no clear line to see how this goes.

I will wait for iOS 10 and the next iPad Pro generation to judge how and if i want to collect more iOS apps. IOS is still very unstable for many things. Things which were good years ago are removed and didn't came back (like the sonoma pasteboard).

I know i'm whining often about iOS but believe it or not.... some time ago i was for sure one of the hardcore mobile users and said "it is the future"..... apple proves me wrong.
    Only the third party developers save the whole thing of course. But now with a new resolution, new iOS, new features, new bugs, Audiobus, IAA, AU, what's next.

One man companies will have much to do in near future.....

• @Cinebient said:

Many good points and this would make an excellent conversation, I am however being nagged by the dog for walk time lol

I think we also need to look at the vision for iPad at the beginning. I would like to bet that at conception, iOS and the iPads fundamental vision and direction were considerably different than they are now. One where simplicity and elegance were the primary goals and where utility and productivity were as idealistic as an art nouveau house and unsuitable for the family of four with dog.

I think we now have compromises born of the conflict and evolution of visions and ideals. Microsoft may now find themselves with one vision, but iOS still has the back catalogue of touch enthused software.

I've given up waiting for any ideal device or software that is so adaptable as to be all things to all men and women and dogs......the adventure is indeed an interesting one we all take together.

Best wishes for your journey.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Best wishes for your journey.

Thank's ;) I bet i would pre-order an iPad pro if i hadn't bought my macbook and started to create music with OSX. It's like i explored a new open world (which of course has limitations too) and there is no way back now once i adopted the new workflow.

I must say using 2 Apps in full iPad 9,7" size on an iPad Pro to control my instruments in Logic sounds not bad. I would like to know if the split screen works also in portrait mode so that we can use 2 apps in landscape. For sure we will see a ton of videos in november.
    Mainly i would see it still as an remote device or additional part in my workflow. I could be wrong if course....

Cheers!

• One thing I do find intriguing in Apples vision for the iPad and touch devices, is the inclusion of the 'pencil', as an option for touch control, this could be a device that paves the way for the hybridisation of iOS and OSX, with regard to applications on OSX using the mouse etc. devices, the pencil could be used as a replacement.