Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wireless Sync Start for multiple iOS devices APP like WIST

What I understood is that Korg's wireles sync start software (WIST) isn't working anymore under iOS 8. Anybody knows an app that can accomplish the same under iOS 8 or the upcoming iOS 9?

fyi link to Korg WIST info: http://www.korguser.net/wist/

Comments

• Well, how do I put it. I don't know an app that will reliably do it however......
    ...while I was playing with I think loopy and stuff some time ago in the middle of the night I've heard some strange sounds coming from behind me. That freaked me out no end as you can imagine but after further investigation I realised that every time I pressed start on my iPad Air another app on my other iPad would start too! Can't remember what the other app was but basically they both had network sync on and just got hooked up automatically and worked fine just like that.

The only bummer is that you need a network to hook up to.

Some time ago I had a similar thing with TJ and the voice trigger function where I'd have iPad lying somewhere near while having a conversation with someone and would start hearing weird bells ringing while I was talking. iOS is fun!

• edited September 2015

@mannix said:
    What I understood is that Korg's wireles sync start software (WIST) isn't working anymore under iOS 8. Anybody knows an app that can accomplish the same under iOS 8 or the upcoming iOS 9?

fyi link to Korg WIST info: http://www.korguser.net/wist/

What's odd: I had heard and accepted that WIST is not working on latest iOS, but in fact it is.

WIST works between iPhone and iPad for all my Korg apps (but one: synckontrol, it does slave via Bluetooth though) and several others (including very usefully, little midi machine)

I think people think it's broken because they think it's based on WIFI. If you try it on WIFI it fails because it connects via Bluetooth

• Tested Wist with 2 iPads and iKaossilator recently and worked ok on iOS 8, but that's all I've tried...

• I electribe for iphonehas wist?

• edited September 2015

@oceansinspace said:
    I electribe for iphonehas wist?

Yep, from "menu" when you press the w shaped icon in top tray, it prompts you to turn that Bluetooth on

My set up above was iElectribe on iPad slaved to ikaossilator on iPhone but the possible combinations are msny

• Sick run 2 tribes wireless ! one on the iPad and one on phone. And the latency is fine and drift no problem. This yoda shalst test. Reality yes I can see the future now is here.

• Have you tried BeatMaker2? 2 iPad's playing different tracks of the same song to 2 sets of monitors, haven't tried it lately but that was fun.

• @oceansinspace said:
    Sick run 2 tribes wireless ! one on the iPad and one on phone. And the latency is fine and drift no problem. This yoda shalst test. Reality yes I can see the future now is here.

Little WIST does turn out to be pretty sweet, especially with iElectribe on iPhone. Im working out a way to use pad, phone and WIST with dinky hardware stuff like Volca Sample and the Teenage Engineering POs.

• Wait a sec: wist works on the volca series?! I will die this can't be! I love the volga's and to rock them into the iOS game would be sleek and a tiny space taker... Maybe I should read more manuals, I swear I print them out when I can and use when I need or I go the luddite trial and error (which is fun on iOS!)

• I see an app with wist but u use a cable. Thats straight...not wireless anymore but hey 1/8 jacks are easy enough. Swing added too, hooray!

• edited September 2015

@oceansinspace said:
    I see an app with wist but u use a cable. Thats straight...not wireless anymore but hey 1/8 jacks are easy enough. Swing added too, hooray!

Yep it's wire from iPhone SyncKontrol to Volca Sample, and a wire threewaysplit from Sample to the POs. The trick with WIST turns out to be Little Midi Machine on the iPad, which sends master clock via Bluetooth to SynKontrol on the phone. At the same time Little Midi Machine clocks apps on the iPad like LP5 (and others, fun!) that can receive a master clock

What's weird SyncKontrol doesn't sync with other Korg apps via WIST, where iKaossilator , and iElectribes work with all kinds other Korg stuff including gadget