Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Multiple outs

Is there a technical reason why most apps don't have multiple outs? Especially drum apps...I can understand why many hardwear drum machines / beat boxes did not have multi outs, as to keep costs low.
Why with apps developers so stingy on the multi outs? They would come in so handy. Even just two or better still four outs with each sound being able to be sent to a channel, would make life so much easier.

So please Devs, if you are listening, please please please give us multiple outs!

Comments

• The developer probably didn't see it as an important feature, or had to choose where to focus at some point.

• @Martygras said:
    The developer probably didn't see it as an important feature, or had to choose where to focus at some point.

It just seems odd to me that such a helpful feature is not high up the agenda. We all make beats using beat boxes often, but the process of recording into a DAW is slow and cumbersome.

• I wish too there were more apps that would update to multiple outs.

MTS has it now since a recent update which is cool.
    I would like to see it in .samplr, Gadget, Attack, Stroke machine, patterning, Egoist to name but a few.

And Audiobus ;)

• In short, because it's quite tricky to do =) I started it a year or so ago, but realised it was going to take quite a long time and there were more pressing tasks to do first.

I need it for Loopy Masterpiece, though, so I'll be working on it again soon - and because those changes are being rolled into TAAE, they'll make it into Audiobus too, which is also built on it. So, it's coming!

• edited September 2015

Yeah, I miss this on drums too. Most of the time I just want a little reverb on the snare and the claps or something , not very efficient to run 2 drum apps for that.
    thx for the info @michael

• @Michael said:
    In short, because it's quite tricky to do =) I started it a year or so ago, but realised it was going to take quite a long time and there were more pressing tasks to do first.

I need it for Loopy Masterpiece, though, so I'll be working on it again soon - and because those changes are being rolled into TAAE, they'll make it into Audiobus too, which is also built on it. So, it's coming!

Great news :) can't wait for all that and Masterpiece will be a game changer I'm sure...Loopy was one of the first apps that got me addicted to iOS music!

• Thanks for the info @Michael

To all drum machine Devs looking for an edge in a crowded market place....this could be it!