Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help: Sequencer(s) in Lemur

Hi.

Anyone know about the sequencers you can create inside Lemur. Have had a look but can't find much specific info and I don't own it.

I want to basically make a lemur page that's a simple midi out drum machine.

So i would need to be able to add a polyphonic step sequencer that I could use to trigger 8 or so drums.

Then add some pads and maybe a few knobs.

Anyone know if the sequencer is polyphonic. Or failing that if I could add 8 sequencers to the page (I guess)?

Also what the clock sync is like?

Comments

• You can create your own sequencer or install one someone else has created, or modify an existing sequencer template The lemur community page has lots of templates. The clock sync works fine. The biggest issue would be how difficult it would be to create your own sequencer to do what you'd like it to do.

• Hi Paul,

Thanks very much.

Yes, I've seen the community templates, thanks. What I couldn't figure out was if any were polyphonic (you can chose to hit two or more notes at the same time). I obviously need this to make a midi drum machine.

Any idea if Lemur has the ability for polyphonic sequencing, not just one note at a time?

• Actually I found this that answers my question in the affirmative.

Thanks for you note about the clock @paul. That's really useful to know.

Think I'm going to take the plunge based on that video.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 I've been using one template with a sequencer which does chords.

• Thanks @Paul.

Am buying it in the next few days. When I have the time to look at it properly.

• Just to warn you, the sequencers are a bit flaky in Lemur. Tend to drift and not reliable. Most use Max for Ableton with Lemur as control.

• Ah. Thanks. @KlastuNinja That's a shame.

Live is not an option for me. 110% ipad :)

I want to use Lemur to drive my drums and let me tweak my drum patterns on the fly. A bit like Thesys, but for drums. Or like a glass Octotrack or something. I reckon I could set up some cool stuff.

If it's the Lemur clock that's a bit flaky then I guess I could have it sync to a good iOS clock like MidiFlow or Loopy's super stable clock. Or even a hardware clock.

But if it's the lemur sequencer code itself that's a bit hit and miss then I've got a problem.

• For all my Lemur questions I ask a guy who goes by the name of Softcore, you can find him on a Facebook group - Lemur users.

• I don't think it has a midi clock as such, I think it's timeframe based, check this:

https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3459

• Thanks @KlaatuNinja

I actually came across that myself earlier this morning.

The clock (or whatever it is) inside Lemur does indeed sound awful.

My hope is to be able to slave Lemur to an external clock and have the sequencers be timed off that.