Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video, ZMors Modular..Preset Demo and Tour

Running through all the presets, and you do get a good few to get you going
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com/zmors-modular/

Comments

• Have to say it sounds wicked. I am sat on the fence in regards to buying this or Audulus. I have struggled to find anything on YouTube from Audulus that sounds anything near as good as this but That's not to say Audulus isn't as capable as ZMors Modular. Still waiting on a promised review from Musisappblog but would really appreciate some feedback from people who have tried both. Also some feedback on future plans for the app from the ZMors stable wouldn't go amiss. Got to take my hat off to the constant involvement and feedback from Taylor from Audulus and many other app makers.

• @PsYAuM, Bloodroot, Funky Footwork and Falling Up, by JDRAoul were all made entirely within Audulus. I'm not sure on the others, but I suspect they are too.

https://soundcloud.com/jdraoul

• Much better quality of sound, thanks Thind. For me though ZMors still sounds crisper and fuller. The only thing keeping Audulus in the race is it's depth in comparison. Come on Sven, Enlighten us on what you have planned!

• They are two completely different things, really. It's possible to get the crisp and full sounds out of Audulus, but you have to build it. Things aren't handed to you as much in Audulus, but most of the same modules are there already. Also, while zMors is iOS only, there is a Mac version, a Windows version is probably on the way, and crossed fingers, a Linux version too. There is really too much to write an accurate comparison between the two.

• @PsYAuM said:

Have to say it sounds wicked. I am sat on the fence in regards to buying this or Audulus. I have struggled to find anything on YouTube from Audulus that sounds anything near as good as this but That's not to say Audulus isn't as capable as ZMors Modular. Still waiting on a promised review from Musisappblog but would really appreciate some feedback from people who have tried both. Also some feedback on future plans for the app from the ZMors stable wouldn't go amiss. Got to take my hat off to the constant involvement and feedback from Taylor from Audulus and many other app makers.

Here is a demo I did agea ages, there is another one about using Audulus in the AB FX Slot

• @PsYAuM current i make some little bugfixing and add a new module (matrix mixer). more about the roadmap / coming features on http://www.zmors.de

• What about polyphonic?

• edited May 2015

1.2 is out. I'm really impressed with the new features:

add inter app audio host module

add midi sequencer module

add sampler module

add midi filter module

add motion module to create cv signals

add polyphonic midi module

add karplus strong pm oscillator

add puredata module

add iCloud Files Support to import audio, midi and pd files

add new custom layouts to macros for subpatches

add recording into wav file function

• wow,amazing update.I never had a closer look at it (although i was a huge Reaktor fan in the past and built a lot of stuff myself) but my interest climbed another level now.Guess it's time to do a little research for Zmors now.Definitely like it more than Audulus from the look at it.Reminds me a bit at the Nord Modular (from which i also owned 3 different versions in the past).Is it comparable?I tried the Modular synth from Pulse Code but wasn't very impressed about the sound quality.

• I can only compare it with Audulus and, imho, Zmors sounds a little bit better. There are some good demonstrations of its capabilities on youtube

Audulus is great too, I especially like that you can use it(mac version obviously) as an audio unit in your DAW. But I'm finding it a bit expensive, especially its IAPs.

• Dear Doug, I can't seem to be able to open these links to @thesoundtestroom - site anymore (since yesterday)..., new tab opens, tries to load, then safari crashes... . Happens every time now, with iPad4, ios7. Didn't try with an Air, or ios8. Just to let you know, maybe it's something on my side anyways..., cheers, keep up the good work, t

• Apparently, the next version will allow you to create custom midi controller UI's using javascript. Nice :)

• I'm exited about the mixer and the piano roll editor in the midi module, can't wait

• zMors Modular is an amazing app, more than a synth, and sounds great to my ears. Of the modulars on iOS I find I use zMors and Sunvox most often as instruments when tracking in DAWs, because they are tastiest sounding to my ears. ZMors makes another great sounding synth https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zmors/id685867973?mt=8

I think of Audulus as a universe unto itself.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    zMors Modular is an amazing app, more than a synth, and sounds great to my ears. Of the modulars on iOS I find I use zMors and Sunvox most often as instruments when tracking in DAWs, because they are tastiest sounding to my ears. ZMors makes another great sounding synth https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zmors/id685867973?mt=8

I think of Audulus as a universe unto itself.

Yep Zmors is great! I deleted Audulus and Sunvox as I just can't get my head around them and needed the space.

• Tons of killer presets on zMors from folks in this community...

You may find yourself coming back around again (and again-) to check out Sunvox and Audulus, I've circled back many times and made progress in step-drag style, can't really let 'em alone. I've made far more progress in Sunvox than Audulus, strictly given order of purchase

• @Littlewoodg said:
    You may find yourself coming back around again (and again-) to check out Sunvox and Audulus, I've circled back many times and made progress in step-drag style, can't really let 'em alone. I've made far more progress in Sunvox than Audulus, strictly given order of purchase

I really want to like Sunvox as I bet it's a great FX processor once you get to know it well.

• May Sunvox have piano roll editor soon (I hope in version 2)

• @pierre said:
    I'm exited about the mixer and the piano roll editor in the midi module, can't wait

Yes, the mixer looks very nice and useful. As for the piano roll, it looks more like a viewer than an editor to me

• Downloading now :)

• What's New in Version 1.3
    • add a new controller module with keyboard, XY pads and JavaScript support
    • add a new ADSR module with retrigger and build in VCA
    • add a new 8/1 multiplexer module
    • add a one knob module with midi cc send option
    • add a new console mixer module with pre routed macros and midi filter
    • add midi cc input as alternative to cable connection on each module input port
    • add midi out port on main module
    • add midi merge programm to combiner module
    • add cpu save option to VCA module
    • add init phase parameter to OSC module
    • add simple expressions on context menu parameters
    • add alias free saw mode in MathDSP module
    • add a audio input port to cv sequencer
    • add bi polar option to matrix mixer
    • add cv to midi cc option in midi filter module
    • add 'Mix with other Apps‘ option to setting menu
    • add a score editor in midi player/sequencer
    • allow JS sample access to wave table module