Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

bleep!BOX updated 12/12/14

edited December 2014 in General App Discussion

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bleep!box/id325451639?mt=8&uo=4&at=10l77Q
Edit: idiosyncratic groove box with multiple synths, including drum synths, and AB
Updated...

Comments

• One of the first groove boxes I believe, released originally in 09. Great app, There is a free version if you want to have a tryout.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/bleep!box-player/id331518681?mt=8

• https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bleep!box/id325451639?mt=8

On sale again for $3.99. It also got an "AudioBus update", which I assume is the whole 2.1 SDK thing with IAA (but not confirmed).

It's an older groove box, but I might bite - it uses synthesis and the free version was actually pretty easy to control and work with. About 14MB for the file size and also supports ACP, etc. I have a bunch of these types of apps, but while it isn't a "need", I do tend actually use these more on the go than, say, an unnecessary synth that I don't like.

• After todays update, it's not working with Audiobus 2.1.5 on iPad Air iOS 7.1.2 (Error on Input Slot).

• Yeah, update has some issues. Text also not displayed properly in several menus. It appears as an IAA generator in AudioShare, but didn't work.

• edited October 2014

You're right. It appears as an IAA generator in Cubasis (IAA) as well, but doesn't work.

At first I thought the problem with AB was that I'm still on Audiobus 2.1.5, but I don't think so. This thing with Audiobus on iOS 7.1.2. is totally random, a shot in the dark when updating apps now.

• Downloaded the latest version of bleep!Box it works by itself but no sound in Audiobus and the Audiobus menu is in the middle of the screen at the top of the window in landscape orientation. Won't load as IAA into either MT DAW or AudioShare. Deleted and reinstalled bleep!Box with the same issues still occurring. Running iOS 8.1 on an iPhone 5S.

• edited October 2014

I'll grab the ball on this one; emailed the developer the following:

"Thank you for updating Bleep!Box. I actually was aware of the app, but purchased it only after the recent update showed it wasn't abandoned, and due to the sale price. I do like some of the bass and percussion sounds in the app.

However, some of us on the AudioBus forum have noticed some troubling glitches.

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/4481/bleepbox-on-sale#Item_5

Users are reporting that it does transmit any sound through AudioBus. Also, while the app now appears as an IAA generator, I could not get it to load into AudioShare (which is a popular dock for IAA apps).

There are some other (more minor) cosmetic issues, such as text in the various settings and "Share" menus that does not seem to fit into the boxes it is assigned to.

Just wanted to bring these issues to your attention in the event you were planning on doing a "bug fix" update.

iOS 8.0.2 on iPhone 5s"

Also, might have misspoke above. AudioCopy/Paste DID work, but you have to save the loop first. It does like a pre-cut live recording thing. Actually works fine, I just wasn't seeing how it worked because some of the text was cut off.

• Picked this up recently. Anyone making use of it these days?

• @JohnnyGoodyear - not yet, but I the developer did update it since my last post to correct some of the issues noted above. Have not tested it though.

• @StormJH1 thanks. Going through a Auxy/Photophore inspired phase of revisiting they're-simple-but-they're-good-at-what-they-do apps....

• Thanks for making us all think bleep!Box is on sale!

Why not make a new thread?

• @Greg Apologies. It was not my intention to raise your considerable ire...

• No problem, no ire...just a suggestion! :D

• edited December 2014

Bump- there was a small update for new devices etc

• Haha now that's a legitimate bump (and title change) lol

• I am like Cassandra. Which at this point in history is a complete waste of time, but still....