Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Akai Rhythm Wolf: no iOS but good.

Hi guys, finally Akai make an hardware drum machine....

The good thing is that is Analogue and cost only 200 bucks :-)

some info:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/07/22/rhythm-wolf-analog-drum-machine-spotted-in-the-wild/

some video demos:

Comments

• I want to be excited about this but none of the drum sounds I've heard make my ears stand up.

• Yes I know, but is analog and only 200 bucks...

• that's impressive, no doubt, but I'd rather it be digital and sound good! :)

• edited July 2014

I have a hd full of shity sounding obscure beatboxes, I never use.
    This reminds of it. ^^
    Sometimes I think you just need to say this is analog and ppl will go yey. Not my cup of tea.

• I only think 2 things: It is analog & have MPC pads.... plus again cost only 200 :)

But yes....my dream is DSI Tempest or Analog Rhythm

• Give it a chance until people actually play with it and then I'll wait for feedback. I hope the launch video will be better!

• edited July 2014

No single outs to fix the sound and no panning, it's all just dead center ...
    Or am I going deaf?
    Good luck with playing anything on top ...

• Is this class compliant? Do you think we can sequence the analog sounds from an ios daw?

• I think not. But then again we might be able to use the usb bypass trick?

• Akai has been rushing a lot of cheap products to the market. Their MPX16 portable sampler has so many bugs and problems the users in their support forum are ready to start a mutiny. They design flashy looking hardware that attracts buyers based on their name, but have really come up short in providing solid software and firmware.

• Well, at least it's cheap....

• @TGiG said:

I think not. But then again we might be able to use the usb bypass trick?

What's the usb bypass trick?

• The MPK Mini MKII isn't "class compliant" so you can't connect it straight to your iPad via CCK. You can however trick the iPad by connecting a USB hub between the controller and CCK. Works like a charm. With the fact that Rhythm Wolf is also made by Akai, the price is $200USD, and the release date is less than a year of its announcement, I'm betting that it will be similar to the MKII 's strange connectivity

• The MPK Mini MKII is class compliant. Class compliant means it doesn't require drivers other than those which are built into the host operating system. The MPK Mini MKII does not require drivers. the problem with the MKII is with the power requirements. Akai did not implement a low-power mode in the MKII as it did with the larger MPK2 controllers as well as the MPC Element. It is a pretty glaring omission though. Their most portable controller requires a hub to work with IOS devices while their larger, less portable controllers do not. Go figure.

• Ugh this thing sounds horrible. I watched a more in depth walk through and it just sounds crap... Yes it's cheap at only $200 but id rather a secondhand volca beats over this tripe

• edited October 2014

@gburks said:

@TGiG said:

I think not. But then again we might be able to use the usb bypass trick?

What's the usb bypass trick?

I assume it's this: http://www.pocketables.com/2013/02/how-to-get-around-the-too-much-power-issue-when-using-the-ipad-usb-camera-adapter.html

• @Sinapsya said:

Yes I know, but is analog and only 200 bucks...

Meh. No thanks. It sounds horrible. The closed and open hihats share the same decay setting and there's no clap. Also I'm hearing already that the bass sound gets out of tune.