Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

🤞If only AudioShare could shuffle and repeat. Make it happen Jonatan 🙏

I know Mr Liljedahl is a busy man but I would super appreciate an Update that would allow shuffling between files (per folder) and a repeat all (per folder) feature. Hopefully I don’t sound too demanding. I know your feature request list is probably quite long and my request is quite unimportant but please consider my (questionably) simple request. Thanks.

Comments

• edited August 2021

If we're making inappropriate convenience feature requests then I'll take that with a side order of being able to stop and start playback with the little plastic button thing that comes on earbuds these days.

• a reverse function.
  • I'd love to see a 'slip' (scroll on x-axis) feature to adjust loops where the beginning transient is at the end of the loop which happens when there's no latency compensation when recording stems or rendering stuff in other apps that do not compensate for plug-in delays when exporting stuff.

This is quite noticeable when recording in AUM and starting / stopping the recording on the fly, especially when plug-ins use lookahead or oversampling. The loop plays perfectly when looped but the initial transient is at the end of the loop which is not so cool...

• High-speed dubbing, megaBass...

• Id love it if it could make me a nice monte cristo. Id just hit the loop button and boooms....just popping out monte cristos....

• Apply transformation in place

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Id love it if it could make me a nice monte cristo. Id just hit the loop button and boooms....just popping out monte cristos....

Monte Cristo’s are disgusting… just saying 🤷‍♂️

• Where the block button?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Where the block button?

My bad “Almost”. If that’s what you’re into have at it. I don’t judge.

• edited August 2021

Monte cristos were just the 1st think that came to mind. If it poured out spicy poke, id be ok with that too.

• edited August 2021

I know this might be a bit far fetched but what I would dream of is something like loopcloud. Loopcloud scans all your audio files and detects their tempo and key. It has a companion AU that you can load as an instrument into your AU host. Then you can preview the audio files in sync with your song and it matches them on the fly to the host tempo and to the key that you specify in the plugin. With a push of a button it shares the file to your DAW and you can add it to an audio track or load it into a sampler.

• Or... a single button that can read mind and execute whatever I think of... for version 2.0 (free update) it should read all minds of the world and apply the best settings imaginable 🤞

• It's an interesting rule that every feature request thread on this forum inevitably evolves into something like a piranha feeding frenzy. 👍

• Dont tell us youre against monte cristos too

• @ervin said:
    It's an interesting rule that every feature request thread on this forum inevitably evolves into something like a piranha feeding frenzy. 👍

You've got to lean into it -- really throw some things out there

• @OscarSouth said:

@ervin said:
    It's an interesting rule that every feature request thread on this forum inevitably evolves into something like a piranha feeding frenzy. 👍

You've got to lean into it -- really throw some things out there

🤣👌

• edited August 2021

It would be nice, if AudioShare could display the cover of a mp3 or flac file.
    A favorite folder would be very helpful too.

• Also please Jonatan fix that hour glass black out bug which is still there after all these annoying time
    = years. Really screws up my work flow. PS wasn’t that nag screen to empty the trash going to be removed? I see it’s still there as well. AS could probably use a little TLCing ala a nice spit, polish and shine update seems like. THANK YOU! Cheers, ED

• Monte Cristos. I'm take it even with an IAP subscription.

• Copy/paste multiple files (i.e. to/from the files-app) would be great

• edited September 2021

Reverse function in AudioShare. Please :)

• edited September 2021

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Also please Jonatan fix that hour glass black out bug which is still there after all these annoying time
    = years. Really screws up my work flow. PS wasn’t that nag screen to empty the trash going to be removed? I see it’s still there as well. AS could probably use a little TLCing ala a nice spit, polish and shine update seems like. THANK YOU! Cheers, ED

+1 for the bug.

• @Samu said:
    I'd love to see a 'slip' (scroll on x-axis) feature to adjust loops where the beginning transient is at the end of the loop which happens when there's no latency compensation when recording stems or rendering stuff in other apps that do not compensate for plug-in delays when exporting stuff.

This is quite noticeable when recording in AUM and starting / stopping the recording on the fly, especially when plug-ins use lookahead or oversampling. The loop plays perfectly when looped but the initial transient is at the end of the loop which is not so cool...

AUM does compensate for plug-in latency. Perhaps the plug-in you're using is not reporting its latency to the host?

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Also please Jonatan fix that hour glass black out bug which is still there after all these annoying time
    = years. Really screws up my work flow.

Unfortunately only very few users has reported this problem, and I have never been able to reproduce it myself. I've looked at that part of the code a thousand times and I can't see why it would happen.

PS wasn’t that nag screen to empty the trash going to be removed? I see it’s still there as well. AS could probably use a little TLCing ala a nice spit, polish and shine update seems like. THANK YOU! Cheers, ED

Indeed, however at this point the code base is so old that it might be more productive and efficient to start fresh and make a new AudioShare 3 version.

• @Iskander said:
    Copy/paste multiple files (i.e. to/from the files-app) would be great

That's already there, you can select multiple files and then save them to files. Or you can import from files and select multiple files and all will be imported.

• edited September 2021

@j_liljedahl said:

AUM does compensate for plug-in latency. Perhaps the plug-in you're using is not reporting its latency to the host?

This makes it even more weird as most of the compressors & limiters I've tried so far (This includes the AUv3's from TB, FF and AudioDamage to name a few) sometimes add latency which is sadly not always compensated for by the hosts :(
    (This 'thing' could also potentially be caused by adaptive oversampling or adjustments to look-ahead times?!).

I can not guarantee 100% that all the AUv3's that I've got provide provide and handle time stamped & sample accurate audio / midi output so that could also be an issue the escalates when chaining stuff together...

Other use cases for slip would be to adjust for midi-latency after recording a loop (that loops perfectly but the beginning transient is at the end of the file) which is still a viable use-case for a 'slip' function and it's also handy for dealing with exported audio from other apps.

To be fair, this 'thing' where slip is needed quite rarely happens but when it does it would be nice to have tools to 'fix it'.

Cheers!

• Another option for 'slip' is naturally if there's a visual way to set an 'anchor/start point' for the file in an audio/loop player...

• @j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    = years. Really screws up my work flow.

Unfortunately only very few users has reported this problem, and I have never been able to reproduce it myself. I've looked at that part of the code a thousand times and I can't see why it would happen.

PS wasn’t that nag screen to empty the trash going to be removed? I see it’s still there as well. AS could probably use a little TLCing ala a nice spit, polish and shine update seems like. THANK YOU! Cheers, ED

Indeed, however at this point the code base is so old that it might be more productive and efficient to start fresh and make a new AudioShare 3 version.

That would be great and that should get rid of this pesky bug problem that has haunted my work flow for years and keeps on slowing me done so +1! I am sure quite a substantial # of peeps have this same issue but have never reported it. Cheers, ED

• edited September 2021

+1 for a simple AudioShare3 (with reverse function 😜)

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Iskander said:
    Copy/paste multiple files (i.e. to/from the files-app) would be great

That's already there, you can select multiple files and then save them to files. Or you can import from files and select multiple files and all will be imported.

But there is no copy/paste to/from FILES in split-mode.