Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gatelab by AUDIOMODERN

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1556198848

Description:

Gatelab is a creative gate sequencer, volume Modulation generator and beyond.

You can choose from a variety of randomization modes, density values, Flow or Gate mode and Built-in presets.
Gatelab randomizes a unique combination of parameters and is delivering ever-evolving patterns and endless rhythmic effects.

Chop up any audio signal through a number of music-creation and sound-mangling features. and generate fresh new ideas on the spot.
It can also send MIDI data, giving it the ability to control or randomize parameters in other plugins.

Gatelab is an endlessly variable Gate Sequencer available for Mac, PC and iOS devices as Standalone & AUv3 Audio Unit plugin.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 9.3
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• This sounds fab.

Thank you.

🙏🏾

• AND IT'S FREE!!

Thank you AudioModern!

• There's a video here:

• Thanks so much, White and Audiomodern :wink:
    This paired with filterlab will be a total beast

• This is fun!

• This is fun, had to consult the manual to know how to split the steps (hint, tap under the step bars to toggle 1, Half, 2 & 3).

Can't beat free, the 'build modes' can get pretty CPU intensive on older devices and glitch when a new pattern is generated.

• Very generous, and sounds like people are impressed so far. Will try it later.

• This is great! Thanks AudioModern for another great freebie (Check out Filterstep if you haven't already).

Also, Playbeat is approaching a v3 release (according to an Audiomodern dev who I contacted about something else).

• @craftycurate said:
    This is great! Thanks AudioModern for another great freebie (Check out Filterstep if you haven't already).

Also, Playbeat is approaching a v3 release (according to an Audiomodern dev who I contacted about something else).

Good to know.

• @craftycurate said:
    This is great! Thanks AudioModern for another great freebie (Check out Filterstep if you haven't already).

hopefully the midi sync issues will be solved with the new Playbeat release...

• real nicey ! thanks @Audiomodern

• Dropped this on a random project I'm messing around with and holy crap this is awesome. How are they not charging at least a couple bucks for this? I've yet to be disappointed in a product from them.

• Hello all! Thank you for the support that our Gatelab plugin has received so far, we really hope it will make you a modern day Dr. Frankenstein! We hope you love using our products, because we love building them ❤️

• @Samu said:
    This is fun, had to consult the manual to know how to split the steps (hint, tap under the step bars to toggle 1, Half, 2 & 3).

Can't beat free, the 'build modes' can get pretty CPU intensive on older devices and glitch when a new pattern is generated.

@Samu : You have an older iPad 7, correct?

• @Telstar5 said:

@Samu said:
    This is fun, had to consult the manual to know how to split the steps (hint, tap under the step bars to toggle 1, Half, 2 & 3).

@Samu : You have an older iPad 7, correct?

Even older...
    I'm still rocking the Pad Air 2 :sunglasses:

• Think there might be a bug, I have on two channels and it’s not closing the gate as expected

• Would be nice to be able to have each channel movement separate, but hey it’s free ! ;-)

• There’s something wrong with state saving. If i set timing to 1/16T and save in AUM, it’s set to 1/32 when I reload the project.

• edited September 2021

@NimboStratus said:
    Think there might be a bug, I have on two channels and it’s not closing the gate as expected

No I’m a muppet I had bypass on! Thanks Doug !

• I had to think more than once why it 'stopped working' when I changed the pattern length...
    ...it seems to set 'loop' to one, so after changing the pattern length need to re-set it manually.

• No idea how to use it properly but threw this together and it sort of works… also uses the new Inversion and Voices features in Chordjam. Unless I am missing something I really struggle with AudioModerns colour schemes. Incredibly hard on the eyes while being great on the ears!

• Very nice! What app is doing the drums?

• This looks awesome - except for the tiny, tiny buttons again :( - I’d rather have pressable/readable buttons than more negative space (on iPhone anyway, I’m sure it’s fine on iPad!) - can’t complain about free though... can we?

• @NimboStratus , Rock Drummer by Lumbeat. @KRPT Totally agree.. it is not fine on iPad but amazing that it is free.

• Like an expanded and enhanced ENV effect in Looperator, or STUTTER effect in Effectrix. And free.

• This is beyond wicked. A total keep and one that gets popped into my live set. Must do a before and after video. Many thanks Audiomodern, got all your apps but this maybe your best yet

• @Audiomodern said:
    Hello all! Thank you for the support that our Gatelab plugin has received so far, we really hope it will make you a modern day Dr. Frankenstein! We hope you love using our products, because we love building them ❤️

Thanks 🙏 😊

• edited September 2021

@Audiomodern said:
    Hello all! Thank you for the support that our Gatelab plugin has received so far, we really hope it will make you a modern day Dr. Frankenstein! We hope you love using our products, because we love building them ❤️

Many thanks for this app and all your wonderful apps. I truly don’t make music without them. 👊🏼™️

• edited September 2021

As a "thank you" to AudioModern you might want to do what I just did - go to the app store and leave a positive review for their other apps. I have had "PlayBeat" and "Riffer" for a while but hadn't left a review yet. All fixed now.