Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Weird IAA additions to AUM session started with iOS15 - Help needed!

So I started a new session with among others Koala to try out some things. When I open the Midi Route page I noticed two apps that I haven't even used since the upgrade, one I never use (Audulus4 Beta) and the other is Suggester, (I use that one sometimes).
I open them and close them, re-saving the project and even do a restart but they keep coming back. Why these two I have no clue, why any at all, even more clueless.
I wanted to see if anyone else gets this and also where the problem might have it's root - AUM, iOS or a combination of them? Not sure where to report it. Annoying it is anyhow.

Comments

• Edit: I deleted Audulus as I don't understand it and therefor not use it. I don't wanna do that with Suggester but, maybe that would solve it?? Or some other random apps start showing - feels almost intrusive somehow..

• @Pxlhg said:
    Edit: I deleted Audulus as I don't understand it and therefor not use it. I don't wanna do that with Suggester but, maybe that would solve it?? Or some other random apps start showing - feels almost intrusive somehow..

Have you force-quit those apps, swipe them off the top of the Task Manager screen? That will ensure they're not running.

I wonder if AUM is somehow restoring an old previous session.

• edited September 2021

@uncledave said:

@Pxlhg said:
    Edit: I deleted Audulus as I don't understand it and therefor not use it. I don't wanna do that with Suggester but, maybe that would solve it?? Or some other random apps start showing - feels almost intrusive somehow..

Have you force-quit those apps, swipe them off the top of the Task Manager screen? That will ensure they're not running.

I wonder if AUM is somehow restoring an old previous session.

That is the only way I close any app. They are not open per se, so, to get rid of them I have to open them and then close (force quit) them to get them of the list. Thing is I have never used Audulus in any AUM session so it can't be an old session. It does seem do be on one particular project so far but I haven't checked so many yet as I just installed 15. We'll see if it was just a temporary flake. Thanks for your reply. :)

EDIT: @uncledave I started a new session and had been working on it for a while when all of a sudden suggester is added in the routing chart. I realized that both suggester and audulus use the same file system, not sure what it is called but it's when you open the app(s) you come to the files first and from there either start a new or open an old. I wonder if that can be some clue but then again it's not uncommon, Audiotor has it too as an example.

I think I'll uninstall Suggestor too ...