Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• @aaronpc said:

@ashh said:

@aaronpc said:

@MarkR said:

@ashh said:

A Kawai K4! I still have mine, but haven't used it in a long while. It does make some sounds I've not found anywhere else. :)

I have a K3 here, with almost the same flight case, funny enough.

What's the difference between the 2, do you know?

Not the flight cases. :D

The K3 is a hybrid synth with digital oscillators matched with analog filters, where I believe the K4’s all digital. Slightly more depth in low pads to my ear. But the biggest difference is that no one’s been either able to, or been bothered to, make a patch editor for the K3, and it’s not much fun to use it’s silly membrane buttons.

You're aware that MidiQuest does one for the K3?

• edited September 2021

My lil setup!

• hows the apc working out for you?
    i keep debating to pick one up, but the last thing i need is another controller to script.

• edited September 2021

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    hows the apc working out for you?
    i keep debating to pick one up, but the last thing i need is another controller to script.

I like it a lot, but it's not for everyone. The mappings are fixed (unless you do a ton of sysex after it turns on, which I don't) so you have to work with it. But the encoders are really nice, the rubberized buttons are usable and its got a lot of things to map to. And the right-side encoders have 8 different pages you can switch between which is great. Honestly I've grown to like it having a fixed mapping, because that means all the projects I build will always work with the APC.

I have a (slightly klugey) project working where drambo sends all the knob values on project load, so I can really use it live (this was a pain to get working). That makes it a keeper for me. Even when the BCR 32 comes out I'm pretty sure I'll keep using it.

• edited September 2021

[I accedentaly quoted instead of edited, ignore this]

• @ashh said:

@aaronpc said:

@ashh said:

@aaronpc said:

@MarkR said:

@ashh said:

A Kawai K4! I still have mine, but haven't used it in a long while. It does make some sounds I've not found anywhere else. :)

I have a K3 here, with almost the same flight case, funny enough.

What's the difference between the 2, do you know?

Not the flight cases. :D

The K3 is a hybrid synth with digital oscillators matched with analog filters, where I believe the K4’s all digital. Slightly more depth in low pads to my ear. But the biggest difference is that no one’s been either able to, or been bothered to, make a patch editor for the K3, and it’s not much fun to use it’s silly membrane buttons.

You're aware that MidiQuest does one for the K3?

I must have missed that one (or I was only searching cheap options). Might check it out, thanks!

• @quartzite said:
    My lil setup!

I'm looking for a stand for my iPad and I'm not sure which to buy. Do you have a link to see the support of the iPad on the right on the picture? Looks like a music desk but for iPad.

• edited September 2021

@Montreal_Music said:

@quartzite said:
    My lil setup!

I'm looking for a stand for my iPad and I'm not sure which to buy. Do you have a link to see the support of the iPad on the right on the picture? Looks like a music desk but for iPad.

Sure! That one is this AboveTek stand. It's honestly pretty wobbly but convenient to move around. Their clamp stand is more stable but still somewhat wobbly for iOS music work. I really like their stands overall but for my middle iPad I just switched over to using this Akros mount on a little wooden stand and its way more stable.

• edited September 2021

[omg I quoted again instead of editing. why am I doing this! :P]

• I quote myself all the time instead of editing.
    I gave up.

• Thought it looked a bit like Christmas with the lights off hehe

• @aleyas said:

Thought it looked a bit like Christmas with the lights off hehe

It looks like Nest in the background ;)

• @Montreal_Music said:

@aleyas said:

Thought it looked a bit like Christmas with the lights off hehe

It looks like Nest in the background ;)

Nest and my DRM1 are married now 🥰

• edited October 2021

Some nice classic Korg in that pic! 🔱 λ
    @SilentObserver

• Always post without completing job but quite sure, it will be the current sticker format. Painted sticky labels gold ( acrylic ) Seems more orange because its on black but I think black makes metalics, even more metalic. Certainly catches your eye. Not usually keen on orange and red in the same frame ( the volca cable ) but happy with stickers.

• Almost Led.

• Soma Lyra.

• And the other encoder mapping. The above includes tfx echo. Time. Feedback. High and low filters. Mapped the on/off button elsewgere but found it to be a click. So will map ( mix ) elsewhere.

How would you map this page. Keep mononoke mirror version or not.

• chisel316 productions 2021

Battlestation:

In action:

Green screen:

In action:

• Posted setup before. I think. Just remapped ( no tests but should be calibrated ) Made a custom nanokontrol. With stickers for volumes. Might color with watercolor as il be using same synths mainly. Leave a white for the unknown synth. With the swam and mononoke setup. Other side might be estoric with ripplemaker. Quanta instead of estoric , with a synth like poison instead of swam. Received a phone mount. So can record myself and music.

• Didnt really need an ipad mini. Just for ripplemaker. Actually got a volca modular but its cool enough.

• edited October 2021

After a fair while away from desktop and Ableton Live, I finally got a chance to bring in all the various controllers I’ve been collecting with iOS in mind (and an iPad of course). I realise now that iOS music (and this forum) has made me 10 times better, both musically and technically, I finally know how everything works (almost) :)

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space”

• @steve99 said:
    After a fair while away from desktop and Ableton Live, I finally got a chance to bring in all the various controllers I’ve been collecting with iOS in mind (and an iPad of course). I realise now that iOS music (and this forum) has made me 10 times better, both musically and technically, I finally know how everything works (almost) :)

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I am floating in space”

What do you think of the Nektar? How is the build quality? Thanks

• edited October 2021

@Montreal_Music said:

@steve99 said:

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I am floating in space”

What do you think of the Nektar? How is the build quality? Thanks

I like the build quality and the display of the Panorama P1, but it’s taken me a long time to work out what it’s actually good for. I originally got it to see if Nektarine (plug-in control) would be a good alternative to Automap… I would be really happy if it could just be a bespoke controller for SynthMaster and/or one or two other synths. However, I think I’ve now discovered that synths hosted in Nektarine don’t work properly with MPE input at the moment, which is kind of where I was hoping to go.

I’ve decided its best use for me is with Reason (10) with which it’s really well integrated - this after discovering it’s possible to reactivate Rewire in Live 11. Then it can also work simultaneously as a reasonable Live controller (device knobs / mixer / record arm & transport). So, for now, it can keep centre space on my desk, although that’s partly because it’s never going to work with my iPad (as I think I’m correct in saying it’s not class compliant), so it doesn’t need to go anywhere.

Short answer, I like it… reasonable value second hand for around £100, though it’s not been a straightforward path to find out what it does best.

I’ve had the exact opposite experience with the SL Mixface, instantly useful and proving more and more capable by the day (with both Live/Reason/Bitwig and iOS, even at the same time with cable and Bluetooth), but not the potential plug-in controller the P1 promises to be.

• Getting there. Just added a new iPad Pro m1.

• @Bootsy said:
    Getting there. Just added a new iPad Pro m1.

Fabulous setup. Love the desk, who makes it?

• edited October 2021

@Morgman73 said:

Nice job @Morgman73 - come on @Bootsy - what’s all that space doing on your desk? Ram it full of midi controllers quick :) Respects to your mug area though.

• New simpler desk layout, the synths are off shot to the left on a lower desk… made this to supper the old alesis keyboard which is still going strong nearly twenty years in!