Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Worship Pads Pro - The crossfading ambient looped pad you're looking for

edited September 2021 in General App Discussion

Hello all! I would love some reviews and thoughts about my newly released app for IOS - Worship Pads Pro. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/worship-pads-pro/id1586199401

It is a minimalistic app that has a nice infinite pad in every key that is based on some of the sounds of Bethel Music and other top worship artists. Let me know what you think!

Poll
  1. Like It15 votes
    1. YES!
      26.67%
    2. No...
      73.33%

Comments

• No connectivity with other apps?

• edited September 2021

How does it compare to AutoPad? The AppStore description is very lacking in detail about the app’s functionality.

• Recommendations:
    1. Expand the description to include features and functionality, including any connectivity.
    2. Include a video instead of the first picture in the App Store.
    3. Post a video here.

This may sound rude and I apologize if so, but no one is going to pay $1.99 for an app just to give you a review without more information.

• hello @calebj7 ,
    I bought your app and like the idea but it seems very limited . I agree with @DukeWonder we need a description for best uses of this app like what it’s designed for. I like the sound of it but when changing pads you can hear a click or the start of a loop .
    most of us here have many apps that can replicate this without that problem . and we like to connect our music apps by way of AUM Audiobus , Apematrix and other host apps .
    Again I like the sound and idea . But I think it needs more functionality unless I just don’t understand how to use it . thank you and good luck !

• @MeatWalrus these type of apps are designed to fill out a mix by providing an ambient pad layer in the song key.

I currently use AutoPad in my live keys setup. I like it because;

A. It’s AuV3
    B. It runs in landscape mode
    C. It has a set list feature
    D. It sounds very decent. I add a touch of modulated shimmer to augment the sound.

Thanks for taking the plunge and sharing your thoughts.

• @calebj7 said:
    Hello all! I would love some reviews and thoughts about my newly released app for IOS - Worship Pads Pro. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/worship-pads-pro/id1586199401

It is a minimalistic app that has a nice infinite pad in every key that is based on some of the sounds of Bethel Music and other top worship artists. Let me know what you think!

can anyone show how the settings looks like?

• @calebj7 said:
    Let me know what you think!

I think you need to post a video on YouTube so people can hear what is sounds like. Then they might buy it. Then they can do your poll...

• edited September 2021

@calebj7 : I too like many of the above have AutoPad, which as I understand it was built for the same purpose as your app. I have no use for it in such a context, but I have found AutoPad to be a very beautiful base for slow ambient secular pieces and would certainly take a look at competitor apps in the field -if they offered more or at least the same functionality than AutoPad already does. At minimum this would need to be AU capability so I could use it directly inside AUM, and a wider, or more tweakable, set of pads and sounds. Hope this feedback is useful to you.

• All of the above

• Hey, congrats on your App release! I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into this.

For some feedback, since you asked:

• “Pro” in the name suggests a level up from standard music apps. I would expect MIDI, AUv3, background audio performance, and access to deeper customization or settings. The version you’ve released seems like the “lite” version, which can be great but feels misleading to call it pro.

• Market research? Others have mentioned there are apps that are similar with more features in the under $10 price point. I would consider finding ways to set your app apart from what is already available. but then again, you might find people willing to pay $2 for your app rather than $6 for AutoPad.

• @onkey ok thanks for clarification so you don’t change the the pad sound with a chord change it’s just whatever the key of the song is in ? forgive my musical ignorance i’m still learning all this 😃 @MAtrixplan I don’t think there are any settings .I touched all around the screen looking for hidden menus but I don’t think there is one . Just the pads and and pause button.

• @calebj7 said:

Can I be the first to ask what is a "worship artist"?

• @MarkH said:

@calebj7 said:

Can I be the first to ask what is a "worship artist"?

Usually means someone who predominantly plays in their church and/or writes/records the music that is used at Christian gatherings and listened to by many Christians. It’s a huge market especially in the USA.

• @MeatWalrus said:
    @onkey ok thanks for clarification so you don’t change the the pad sound with a chord change it’s just whatever the key of the song is in ? forgive my musical ignorance i’m still learning all this 😃

That’s correct! Just the root and fifth of the key is generated so the pad layer will sound consonant regardless of the underlying chord. This assumes of course that the chord progression stays within the key.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    No connectivity with other apps?

Hi! no this app was not intended to connect with other apps. The functionality is providing a looped pad in the key youre playing in and providing an automatic fade out and fade in.

• @Hmtx said:
    Hey, congrats on your App release! I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into this.

For some feedback, since you asked:

• “Pro” in the name suggests a level up from standard music apps. I would expect MIDI, AUv3, background audio performance, and access to deeper customization or settings. The version you’ve released seems like the “lite” version, which can be great but feels misleading to call it pro.

• Market research? Others have mentioned there are apps that are similar with more features in the under $10 price point. I would consider finding ways to set your app apart from what is already available. but then again, you might find people willing to pay $2 for your app rather than $6 for AutoPad.

For the name: Worship Pads wasn't available, and since it is a paid app, I figure the name is appropriate. I understand where youre coming from though.

Market research: $2 pricepoint is significantly below any competition.
    I appreciate your feedback

• @Simon said:

@calebj7 said:

I think you need to post a video on YouTube so people can hear what is sounds like. Then they might buy it. Then they can do your poll...

There is a sample video on youtube. just search worship pads pro to find it

• @MAtrixplan said:

@calebj7 said:

No adjustable settings on this one. Just one specific, and quite nice if you do ask me, sound.

• @MeatWalrus said:
    hello @calebj7 ,
    I bought your app and like the idea but it seems very limited . I agree with @DukeWonder we need a description for best uses of this app like what it’s designed for. I like the sound of it but when changing pads you can hear a click or the start of a loop .
    most of us here have many apps that can replicate this without that problem . and we like to connect our music apps by way of AUM Audiobus , Apematrix and other host apps .
    Again I like the sound and idea . But I think it needs more functionality unless I just don’t understand how to use it . thank you and good luck !

Thanks for your feedback! I'm curious about the click or start of loop sound. I do not get that sound on mine. I will check with a few others to see if it keeps happening! No app connectivity at the moment but I designed the app without the need to connect to other apps. Just plug and play for situations without access to ableton etc.

• @TimRussell said:
    How does it compare to AutoPad? The AppStore description is very lacking in detail about the app’s functionality.

Does quite a bit less than autopad for a significantly lower price but if you're looking for a looping soft pad for worship and church functionality in every key, this is the app for you!

• @calebj7 said:

@Simon said:

@calebj7 said:

@calebj7 said:

@MeatWalrus said:
    hello @calebj7 ,

Thanks for your feedback! I'm curious about the click or start of loop sound. I do not get that sound on mine. I will check with a few others to see if it keeps happening! No app connectivity at the moment but I designed the app without the need to connect to other apps. Just plug and play for situations without access to ableton etc.

You seem to lack a bit of understanding here so I’ll give you a few more tips here.

1. Don’t make the customer do the work. They won’t. Post the video here. And add the video to the App Store. This helps ensure people see it. It’s a very basic business concept.
    2. Connectivity is key to all music applications. If we can’t put this into AUM or another host to play alongside other instruments, what is it good for? Who is your target audience and when would they use this?

You’re asking people to review something that they’d have to buy to review. You have given us zero incentive to buy as you have made no effort to actually sell this to us. I recommend doing some basic research on business and marketing if you want to create a product that people will buy.

• edited October 2021

Looks like a very basic app. Might be good for the church guys but probalbly not for AB Forum people:

• @calebj7 said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@calebj7 said:

No adjustable settings on this one. Just one specific, and quite nice if you do ask me, sound.

so remove "pro" and start to make at least what autopad gives us. If You give more, it will be great

• edited October 2021

What can I worship with this app? Or is it for worshiping pads?

• edited November 2021

@DukeWonder said:

@calebj7 said:

@Simon said:

@calebj7 said:

@calebj7 said:

@MeatWalrus said:
    hello @calebj7 ,

You seem to lack a bit of understanding here so I’ll give you a few more tips here.

1. Don’t make the customer do the work. They won’t. Post the video here. And add the video to the App Store. This helps ensure people see it. It’s a very basic business concept.
    2. Connectivity is key to all music applications. If we can’t put this into AUM or another host to play alongside other instruments, what is it good for? Who is your target audience and when would they use this?

You’re asking people to review something that they’d have to buy to review. You have given us zero incentive to buy as you have made no effort to actually sell this to us. I recommend doing some basic research on business and marketing if you want to create a product that people will buy.

Wow! Ok you’re really good at being rude online! Btw my intention is not to sell this to you but rather to have more online visibility. Btw as well many people have gone directly from this page/app to buy the app.

The app is exactly as I intended it to be, a basic one sound stand-alone app for looping crossfading pads with no customization but rather the exact sound most are going for with a looping pad. If you don’t like it, fine! But my target market is many who don’t care about customization or app integration but want a great sounding loop pad beneath a band.

As far as your concern with me asking the customer to pay to review, I don’t really care what you think. The app is inexpensive. Extremely more so than Autopad. Many people will buy it if they are interested in it. And if that’s not you, again, fine.

Like I said before, I posted here primarily to get an online presence for the app and visibility, which it did accomplish! Also, if you have concerns on the apps ability, read the OP as it clearly states what it does. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• You can worship whatever you want bro

@Ailerom said:

• edited November 2021

@MAtrixplan said:

@calebj7 said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@calebj7 said:

so remove "pro" and start to make at least what autopad gives us. If You give more, it will be great

I would if it wasn’t already taken 😂 . However it is a “pro” sound, so I’ll keep it. Also if you read the OP, it clearly states it is a less expensive basic app. If you want tons of customization, go to autopad and pay more. If you want the sound you’re looking for without having to customize and pay less, go here.

• @calebj7 said:
    You can worship whatever you want bro

@Ailerom said:

There are a lot of apps out there to do with worship and I always wondered if it was for worshipping something specific. Or are they not allowed to say in the app store?

• @Ailerom said:

@calebj7 said:

@Ailerom said:

There are a lot of apps out there to do with worship and I always wondered if it was for worshipping something specific. Or are they not allowed to say in the app store?

i’m going to say it’s the God of the bible God .. but due to a lot of people being offended we just leave it generic 🤷🏼‍♂️ but it seems the app is made for people to use during worship music Lol

• @Ailerom said:

@calebj7 said:

@Ailerom said:

King Jesus 👑
    but an app would have a weird name if it was called worship pads pro - for christians