Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why does Sugar Bytes Factory only output in mono on my iPad?

Hey there.

I’ve been using Factory by Sugar Bytes on my iPad for a while now and have always had this problem.

When I plug in headphones directly into the iPad, everything works as it should. But as soon as I plug in my iPad to my setup and listen to playback through my computer, I always need to change the stereo knob in Factory to one side or the other, or else I won’t get any sound - ie, there’s no “stereo” option. Im plugging the iPad into my setup using a 3.5mm cable into a 1/4inch adapter into a Behringer UMCHD404 interface, with GarageBand as my DAW(for what it’s worth).

Theoretically this wouldn’t be an issue (I don’t necessarily need stereo functionality), but oftentimes it changes the harmonic structure of the patch. I can’t find any information as to why this would happen. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments