Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why is aftertouch not listed in the MIDI Control/Channels/parameters?

I send aftertouch to all my current synths but when I use a synth in AUM, I can not use aftertouch to control synth parameters, only Control Change numbers. I can't be that hard to add aftertouch in parameters control.

Comments

• In AUM I often use Velocity KB to control SWAM instruments, and the after touch connects no problem. But you’re maybe asking about the parameters exposed under each AUM channel? I’ve never looked for it there.

• @nadaspam said:
    I send aftertouch to all my current synths but when I use a synth in AUM, I can not use aftertouch to control synth parameters, only Control Change numbers. I can't be that hard to add aftertouch in parameters control.

From a practical point of view, aftertouch and pitch bend tend to be problematic because most hardware that generates them sends out a lot of data which can really swamp a system if you are using them as control signals. Not only do a lot of events tend to get sent out but they are also 14-bit values rather than 7-bit values.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

@nadaspam said:

If you have Mozaic, the Expression Redirector script will allow you to convert aftertouch to any CC. You don't mention whether it's Poly Aftertouch or Channel Aftertouch, but the script will do both. You would route your controller to the script, then the script to wherever you want the CC's to hit.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

Also, mfxConvert, an inexpensive and essential iOS tool, can easily convert Channel (not Poly) Aftertouch to CC's.

Streambyter can do it with a single line of code too, but mfxConvert is handier and doesn't involve scripting.

• BTW, aftertouch is a 7-bit, not 14-bit message. It can be quite a flood of messages though.

• @wim said:
    BTW, aftertouch is a 7-bit, not 14-bit message. It can be quite a flood of messages though.

Thanks for the correction.