Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 15 is out!

Downloading to my iPhone now.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yepp, My AppleTV is almost done, then iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2, last Mac Mini with macOS Monterey :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:
    Yepp, My AppleTV is almost done, then iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2, last Mac Mini with macOS Monterey :sunglasses:

There is no MacOS Monterey update

• I only updated from iOS 13.something to 14.8 last night…

• @Pierre118 said:

@Samu said:
    Yepp, My AppleTV is almost done, then iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2, last Mac Mini with macOS Monterey :sunglasses:

It will come...
    Most likely within the hour or so :)

• edited September 2021

I think I will wait a prudential time before updating, as usual

• @BCKeys said:
    Just hope they’ll release an update for GarageBand 🙂

Fingers crossed..though they might wait a day or so

• @Samu said:

@Pierre118 said:

@Samu said:

It will come...

The release of Monterey is planned for October/November, at this moment beta 6 is the most recent. Beta 7 hopefully will be released Thursday.

• I’m still on 13.7, but now there’s a strong temptation to upgrade

• Before I install iOS 15 has anyone tested BM3 on iOS 15? And is there any problems?

• I'm installing it and let the chips fall where they may.

• @Samu said:

@Pierre118 said:

@Samu said:

It will come...

Don’t even bother upgrading your mini , Samu.. The 6 will be here soon!

• @Pierre118 said:

The release of Monterey is planned for October/November, at this moment beta 6 is the most recent. Beta 7 hopefully will be released Thursday.

Good to know, then they need at least push out a 'support update' so we can keep on syncing our iOS15/iPadOS15 devices with our Mac's :) (Getting 'unsupported device' at the moment haha).

• edited September 2021

Looking forward to the new notification profiles. Using my phone for work and home stuff, I’ve been hoping they would do this for a long time!

• edited September 2021

Lol, someone please fire the person at Apple who is responsible for calculating storage usage...
    I've got 25GB free on my 64GB iPhone 8 and it says 'iPhone Storage Almost Full' and a red badge that can't be disabled.

Apparently this 'bug' has been around since Beta 6 or something.

Only seems to affect the iPhone...

My iPad Air 2 is behaving quite ok.

One 'thing' that is a bit 'weird' is that many apps that use the 'full screen' might need to be adjusted to respect the multi-tasking dots :)

• @Samu said:

@Pierre118 said:

Good to know, then they need at least push out a 'support update' so we can keep on syncing our iOS15/iPadOS15 devices with our Mac's :) (Getting 'unsupported device' at the moment haha).

Can you clarify what you mean by "syncing". Are you referring to iTunes or?

• Looks pretty dull

• @wim said:

Can you clarify what you mean by "syncing". Are you referring to iTunes or?

Yepp, but that's already fixed I guess since I was able to sync it without installing anything (macOS11.6).

• ewwww iTunes. 😜
    OK, thanks. I hoped maybe I overlooked some kind of file sync thingy.

• @wim said:
    ewwww iTunes. 😜
    OK, thanks. I hoped maybe I overlooked some kind of file sync thingy.

Or 'Finder Sync' as iTunes is no longer needed on macOS.

• First impressions on the iPad Air 2 is that most things work as expected.

The new 'multi tasking gestures' can conflict with UI of existing apps.
    (Here's a shot of Drambo as one example).

But all will be sorted out in due time...

• @Samu said:
    Lol, someone please fire the person at Apple who is responsible for calculating storage usage...
    I've got 25GB free on my 64GB iPhone 8 and it says 'iPhone Storage Almost Full' and a red badge that can't be disabled.

Apparently this 'bug' has been around since Beta 6 or something.

Only seems to affect the iPhone...

My iPad Air 2 is behaving quite ok.

One 'thing' that is a bit 'weird' is that many apps that use the 'full screen' might need to be adjusted to respect the multi-tasking dots :)

Can you confirm if BM3 runs fine on iOS 15?

• @Artmuzz BM3 runs fine, but I have had more crashes than usual during the beta period.

• How’s the gpu performance on air2? Scrolling, switching apps...
    Probably too early, but curious about the usual suspects... cpu, launch time, battery performance... improved/got worse/no difference?

• @Artmuzz said:

Can you confirm if BM3 runs fine on iOS 15?

I'll test more apps tomorrow, BM3 was one of the first I tested and it works...
    ...same with Cubasis and Gadget so my 'App Trinity' is all good including IAA connections for sampling.

There is a weird glitch with Files.app where there's two 'Audio Share' file providers, 'Audio Share' and 'Audio Share Files'.
    'Audio Share Files' is the 'old one' and it's working ok, the other 'Audio Share' must be a file provider glitch or something?!

iPad Air 2 was a 'smoother' transition experience than iPhone 8 which I suspect will get an update ASAP to fix the 'Storage Almost Full' bug even when some people have over 200GB Free LOL.

So for me, I expect some minor things with apps that are not adapted to the new multi-tasking menu in the top middle of the screen.

Be sure that when things are NOT working I'll NOT be quiet.
    If it's a minor (for me thing) I'll just chime in if someone else is also experiencing it to confirm it.

But for now, all my existing AUM session work without issues with about the same CPU usage as before.
    (I'm on an ancient iPad Air 2 so I can't do gigantic sessions).

Cheers!

• edited September 2021

Updating my phone just now. My iPad Pro 2nd Gen is not seeing the update.

EDIT. Had to remove my beta profile. iPadOS15 is now downloading on my iPad.

• @cyberheater said:

Please let us know if you bump into the 'iPhone Storage Almost Full' thing on the iPhone.

The red notification badge on the System Settings is driving me bonkers especially knowing that I have over 25GB free on my 64GB iPhone 8 and it can NOT be disabled.

On the iPad Air 2 it's mostly been a smooth ride and I got back about 7 additional GB's of storage (I deleted a bunch of apps prior to the update and storage usage did NOT got down, but after the update it did).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@cyberheater said:

Please let us know if you bump into the 'iPhone Storage Almost Full' thing on the iPhone.

The red notification badge on the System Settings is driving me bonkers especially knowing that I have over 25GB free on my 64GB iPhone 8 and it can NOT be disabled.

On the iPad Air 2 it's mostly been a smooth ride and I got back about 7 additional GB's of storage (I deleted a bunch of apps prior to the update and storage usage did NOT got down, but after the update it did).

Cheers!

I'll let you know. I've not experienced it yet.

• @realdawei said:

@BCKeys said:
    Just hope they’ll release an update for GarageBand 🙂

Fingers crossed..though they might wait a day or so

Stability Update out…no new features 👎

• edited September 2021

@Samu said:
    First impressions on the iPad Air 2 is that most things work as expected.

The new 'multi tasking gestures' can conflict with UI of existing apps.
    (Here's a shot of Drambo as one example).

But all will be sorted out in due time...

Yeah, I’m hoping they move those dots off to the side or make it something that could be disabled on a per app basis.

Overall first impressions: This is a pretty thorough update and worth getting.