Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• @Richtowns said:
    @Montreal_Music A “desk shelf”, maybe? A google search of that throws up that sort of thing.

Bingo! Thank you

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    I’ve seen them as shelf, desktop shelf, riser... but it’s always a difficult find with low success rate to find something fitting exactly.

I think you are right.

Is it possible to buy this but to use on a table? With the right kind of grip. I don't know if you must have a keyboard stand to use this.

• @crony said:
    @MonkeyDrummer very original concept, love it !

Here's my setup...

+++my favourite so far! Ipads with controllers and some hardware sequencers/samplers or groovebox is quite the same setup I am playing at the moment. I don‘t like the beatstep and the way the ipads are connected…: with the Iconnectivity MioXM and Iconnectivity Audio4c I can connect up to 5 midicontrollers and route them to 2 ipads (or mac/pc) with no limitations, one (or more) controller for different apps on the ipad and ableton or Octatrack. Split or separated bidirectional midi and even audio from OT to ipad or the other way…everything works. No latency no crackles.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    I’ve seen them as shelf, desktop shelf, riser... but it’s always a difficult find with low success rate to find something fitting exactly.

I think you are right.

Is it possible to buy this but to use on a table? With the right kind of grip. I don't know if you must have a keyboard stand to use this.

For that type of thing I would start my search from ‘laptop stand’ ‘DJ stand’ or similar... some of them are stackable, attachable... you’ll have to work through many findings unless you spot something exactly fitting... this is why these threads are useful... you can ask others if you see something specific you like... my solution is DIY most of the time...

• First pic is from early 2019, I can‘t find or don’t have older fotos of my setups. (last pic is my actual studio/live setup):

everything sold except Digitakt

red cross means sold, green cross I still have, won‘t sell but don‘t use at the moment

Tbh,at the moment I only use software (iOS) synths. (Drambo wavetable synth and pure acid mostly.)
    Midi and audio interface,the Octatrack, 220V/usb distribution and splitter,lights, Airport Express router, a small audiomixer,a bluetooth speaker and the NUC Hades Canyon PC are fixed in the rack, I use Splashtop if I need a display for the pc. all other equipment is easily replaceable with velcro straps.

• @FPC said:
    New addition of Behringer TD-3 this morning.

Just starting to enjoy my hardware again after a lengthy iOS only break. Cubasis 3 copes well with sequencing external hardware and AUs and records the audio just fine. All is good.

WAIT.. are you seriously TheDooo?! ;D

• @seventyfour said:

@FPC said:
    New addition of Behringer TD-3 this morning.

Just starting to enjoy my hardware again after a lengthy iOS only break. Cubasis 3 copes well with sequencing external hardware and AUs and records the audio just fine. All is good.

WAIT.. are you seriously TheDooo?! ;D

Busted!

Actually I had no idea who you were on about. I'm now up to speed 👍

• @echoopera your closet is bigger than mine

• @NoiseFloored said:
    I've had to downsize a lot since I started using this space for work, but I think it has actually allowed me to focus a whole lot more; I still love this corner of the house :)

NICE ISO KEEB

• Not my ‘studio’, just some stuff I pulled out one afternoon :)

• @aleyas said:

Not my ‘studio’, just some stuff I pulled out one afternoon :)

Why 4 MiniBrute?

• Martrixbrute was out of stock?

• edited September 2021

@Montreal_Music said:

@aleyas said:

Not my ‘studio’, just some stuff I pulled out one afternoon :)

Why 4 MiniBrute?

Microbrutes.

Wanted to make my own polybrute before Arturia did it themselves. Got a couple minibrutes for the lower register as well 😋

• @gottfriedxy
    What did you use for an editor for your ti snow?
    I keep debating to pick one up

• The heart is the magical combo of the iCA4+ & Aum.

• The heart is the magical combo of the iCA4+ & Aum.

• edited September 2021

Setup done 🙏🏼
    For now🤪

• @Krupa said:
    I finally bought a drill for general purposes, and saved a good few quid and plastic by not buying an acrylic stand, instead making my own yesterday. Bit rough and ready, but fits perfectly :)

Thanks for the inspiration with the shelves. I've been trying to keep things compact, but the gear spread keeps happening, so I'm going to be following this lead. Maybe today.

• @aaronpc said:

@Krupa said:
    I finally bought a drill for general purposes, and saved a good few quid and plastic by not buying an acrylic stand, instead making my own yesterday. Bit rough and ready, but fits perfectly :)

Thanks for the inspiration with the shelves. I've been trying to keep things compact, but the gear spread keeps happening, so I'm going to be following this lead. Maybe today.

Nice! It’s been great this week, just so much easier to use the gear when it’s in a good, solid position… good luck!

• Nicely done, I'm a big fan of DIY projects in the studio to make it more ergonomic and cleaner.

• @ashh said:

A Kawai K4! I still have mine, but haven't used it in a long while. It does make some sounds I've not found anywhere else. :)

• @MarkR said:

A Kawai K4! I still have mine, but haven't used it in a long while. It does make some sounds I've not found anywhere else. :)

I got that and the flight case for £60 a few months ago. I use it with MidiQuest's iOS app which opens up the engine in a much more user friendly way. The app cost almost as much as the synth did but it's well worth it. The drum kit on it is making a comeback with the kids, apparently.

• Hey @ashh - love the setup.
    I assume the skin for the Neutron came from Heinakroon? Is that paper or vinyl? What is that one called?

• edited September 2021

@kinkujin said:
    Hey @ashh - love the setup.
    I assume the skin for the Neutron came from Heinakroon? Is that paper or vinyl? What is that one called?

Hey there. It is vehicle-grade vinyl, apparently. Really easy to put on and very precisely cut. It's called Colours 2.0 and is the Nocturnal edition which has a black background rather than white. I got the normal one but there's also a version that takes account of anyone who has swapped the large LFO knob onto their VCF and vice versa but I'm not exactly sure how that affects the skin other than it may have longer marks where the dial goes.

• @MarkR said:

@ashh said:

I have a K3 here, with almost the same flight case, funny enough.

• @ashh said:

@kinkujin said:
    Hey @ashh - love the setup.

Hey there. It is vehicle-grade vinyl, apparently. Really easy to put on and very precisely cut. It's called Colours 2.0 and is the Nocturnal edition which has black borders rather than white. I got the normal one but there's also a version that takes account of anyone who has swapped the large LFO knob onto their VCF and vice versa but I'm not exactly sure how that affects the skin.

Thanks so much.

• @aaronpc said:

@MarkR said:

@ashh said:

What's the difference between the 2, do you know?

Not the flight cases. :D

• @ashh said:

@aaronpc said:

@MarkR said:

@ashh said:

What's the difference between the 2, do you know?

Not the flight cases. :D

The K3 is a hybrid synth with digital oscillators matched with analog filters, where I believe the K4’s all digital. Slightly more depth in low pads to my ear. But the biggest difference is that no one’s been either able to, or been bothered to, make a patch editor for the K3, and it’s not much fun to use it’s silly membrane buttons.