Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HELP ! Major issues producing on iPad Pro 5th gen due to sound freezing up

Hello all and thank you for anyone willing to read this and try to help. Just purchased my first Apple product in over 10 years. After seeing other people using iPads for production, I decided to buy the best one available and get the iPad Pro fifth generation 12.9 inch screen so that yours from now it should still be usable. I downloaded some production apps such as koala sampler, korg gadget, Audiobus and a few others. I plan to purchase Cubasis3 . However I am having major issues with this iPad. Every production app I have use so far freezes up constantly sometimes every 30 seconds sometimes I’ll get an hour in where there is no issues and then I will have it freeze up 10 times in a row. It is not just one app they all do it , the sound just stops. It’s still lets me hit buttons in the app but with no sound. I force close the app and start over and sometimes it takes five or six force closes in order to start working again. I was excited to try the split screen mode where I have say koala sampler on the right and on the left Korg gadget or a sound library and it freezes up both apps at the same time sometimes to where the audio stops but the app still allows you to navigate around. I thought there was something wrong with my iPad so I returned it and got a new one .. but same issues. Both iPads started with the last iOS version and both got updated to the new version this week and I had issues with both iOS versions. So it does not seem to be the software nor does it seem to be the iPad itself given that I have had issues with two different iPads with two different software versions. I have talked to a few people including the creator of koala sampler and he said he has never seen this. Just my luck. I’m debating just returning this $1200 piece of metal because I can’t seem to produce on it unless may be somebody in here can help? I have heard of people with lesser models working perfectly fine for production apps

Comments

• Disregard the spelling errors as I used voice to text

• You don't have the magnetic case do you? If so then try removing it.
    Also, what version of iOS are you on?

• edited September 2021

I think @wim gave me the same advice about the magnetic case. Solved my problem tho, lol, I don’t remember what the problem was!

• edited September 2021

I have the 11” M1 Pro and got lockups constantly if I was using the official Apple USB C headphone adapter. I gave up on it and now use the USB C Camera Connection kit with an audio interface and have zero lockups with it.

BUT, now that I think about it… when I use the headphone adapter I have it in case that has a little magnet flap…. When I use the audio interface it is on stand without a case. Will have to try and see if the case is the fault…. Interesting…. …

• Wim> @wim said:

You don't have the magnetic case do you? If so then try removing it.
    Also, what version of iOS are you on?

iOS 14.8 What was also having a problem with the previous version of iOS and I just checked my case and it does have some magnets in one of the flaps but I believe I was having a problem prior to buying this case because I went about three days without a case at all but I just removed it and we’ll see if it still has the issue.
    As for headphone jack I did buy the one that Apple sells but I’ve only used it a couple times

• @wim I know some YouTube people like Henny the business for example use magnetic cases I’m pretty sure And the Apple Pencil is also magnetic I believe I feel like a lot of people probably have magnetic cases and don’t have this issue but I could be wrong

• @ziketan said:
    @wim I know some YouTube people like Henny the business for example use magnetic cases I’m pretty sure And the Apple Pencil is also magnetic I believe I feel like a lot of people probably have magnetic cases and don’t have this issue but I could be wrong

All I know is I've read posts from more than one person for whom this solved the issue. I figured it was worth a shot in the dark. It's an easy enough thing to test.

• edited September 2021

@wim said:

@ziketan said:
    @wim I know some YouTube people like Henny the business for example use magnetic cases I’m pretty sure And the Apple Pencil is also magnetic I believe I feel like a lot of people probably have magnetic cases and don’t have this issue but I could be wrong

All I know is I've read posts from more than one person for whom this solved the issue. I figured it was worth a shot in the dark. It's an easy enough thing to test.

Just been testing it here this morning and without the case I can go for twenty minutes, no lockups…. Within two minutes of using it with the case… lockups. Sigh. Seems pretty darn close to conclusive in my case (lol/pun). Sigh, ok so now to find a non magnetic case. Getting sick of amazon heh.

Btw, thanks for the tip!

• I’ve been having this problem and don’t own a magnetic case. What’s worked for me is disabling microphone access to the problematic apps in the iPad system settings.

• @FordTimeLord said:
    I’ve been having this problem and don’t own a magnetic case. What’s worked for me is disabling microphone access to the problematic apps in the iPad system settings.

Are you using the Official Apple Headphone Flimsy Dongle or something else / audio interface?

• @AudioGus said:

@FordTimeLord said:
    I’ve been having this problem and don’t own a magnetic case. What’s worked for me is disabling microphone access to the problematic apps in the iPad system settings.

Are you using the Official Apple Headphone Flimsy Dongle or something else / audio interface?

8th gen iPad so still have the headphone jack. My older devices work fine, it’s just this newer one that’s a problem. Disabling microphone access to fix it has been rock solid, I haven’t seen the issue again since doing that.

• @FordTimeLord said:

@AudioGus said:

@FordTimeLord said:

8th gen iPad so still have the headphone jack. My older devices work fine, it’s just this newer one that’s a problem. Disabling microphone access to fix it has been rock solid, I haven’t seen the issue again since doing that.

Hmmm, well I have heard rumours that iOS 15 clears this up… fingers crossed.

• @FordTimeLord said:

@AudioGus said:

@FordTimeLord said:

8th gen iPad here too. @FordTimeLord your tip save my day!!!! Thanks!

Now I am allowing microphone access only to Audiobus and AUM and injecting input audio in all the others apps only via IAA.

I was having troubles with Borderlands (IAA loaded inside AUM) and others IAA that had mic input allowed and now it’s is rock solid!

• @andrevjunqueira said:

8th gen iPad here too. @FordTimeLord your tip save my day!!!! Thanks!

No worries mate, glad it helped 👍

Hopefully the rumours about IOS 15 are true and it gets fixed properly soon.

• Well, turning the mic off has indeed made it rock solid in Cubasis… with the magnet case! Lol, no idea if that is actually a thing but without the case I could never get any issues. Shuggy

Thanks @FordTimeLord !