Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ctrim3 SoundEscape

Really wanted to use Other Desert Cities on this but it was not to be.

Comments

• Awesome stuff, brother!

• @senhorlampada said:
    Awesome stuff, brother!

Thanks man glad you liked, cheers for commenting 🙏 👹

• I really loved this. :) I'm wondering, which reverb did you use? Stratosphere? :) Which DAW/host?

• Very nice!

• @Pxlhg said:
    Very nice!

Thanks for listening.

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I really loved this. :) I'm wondering, which reverb did you use? Stratosphere? :) Which DAW/host?

Thank you, it was done initially on iPad with I think Blackhole ,then I airdropped the stems over to Reason where I used Native Instruments Raum & Unfiltered Audio Silo.

• @barabajagal said:

@Pxlhg said:
    Very nice!

Thanks for listening.

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I really loved this. :) I'm wondering, which reverb did you use? Stratosphere? :) Which DAW/host?

Thank you, it was done initially on iPad with I think Blackhole ,then I airdropped the stems over to Reason where I used Native Instruments Raum & Unfiltered Audio Silo.

That's very interesting. :) I do like Eventide's Blackhole, it's true. I wonder, have you tried FAC Alteza for an Ambient reverb? ;)

And if I still used a PC Laptop/Macbook, I'd love to tinker in Reason. FL Studio was my main DAW of choice, and Reaper my secondary, back when I used a PC Laptop.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@barabajagal said:

@Pxlhg said:
    Very nice!

Thanks for listening.

That's very interesting. :) I do like Eventide's Blackhole, it's true. I wonder, have you tried FAC Alteza for an Ambient reverb? ;)

And if I still used a PC Laptop/Macbook, I'd love to tinker in Reason. FL Studio was my main DAW of choice, and Reaper my secondary, back when I used a PC Laptop.

Yeah I use Fac Alteza - ace reverb for ambient. I love Reason for the reason you said - to tinker, also love the way it is set out.

• edited September 2021

@barabajagal said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@barabajagal said:

@Pxlhg said:
    Very nice!

Thanks for listening.

Yeah I use Fac Alteza - ace reverb for ambient. I love Reason for the reason you said - to tinker, also love the way it is set out.

Exactly! :) I also like Reason's modular skeuomorph hardware GUI.

FAC Alteza is the bee's knees of Ambient reverbs on iOS. Oh man, it's just so beautiful the timbres I can get outta that thing. I also love Stratosphere and Blackhole, but I found Alteza is my goto. I also love Velvet Machine for its unusual audio smearing.

I wonder, if you were to make a track on iPad only, what would you use? :) Me, my DAW of choice would be NS2. Despite its lack of audio tracks, I've learned how to utilise workarounds to get exactly what I want out of it. I also love perusing freesound.org for free audio (snippets, field recordings, etc) to use in various Ambient projects.

Then again, my first love on iPad has and always will be Gadget. I literally invested hundreds into the Korg iOS ecosystem over the years. The reverbs in Gadget aren't the greatest by a longshot, but I know how to make 'em work as best as possible.

Then again, once my creative energy is focused back on music instead of art, I might dig into Cubasis 3 and AUM "just because". :lol:

So, what do you like to use on iPad? :)

• Exactly! :) I also like Reason's modular skeuomorph hardware GUI.

FAC Alteza is the bee's knees of Ambient reverbs on iOS. Oh man, it's just so beautiful the timbres I can get outta that thing. I also love Stratosphere and Blackhole, but I found Alteza is my goto. I also love Velvet Machine for its unusual audio smearing.

I wonder, if you were to make a track on iPad only, what would you use? :) Me, my DAW of choice would be NS2. Despite its lack of audio tracks, I've learned how to utilise workarounds to get exactly what I want out of it. I also love perusing freesound.org for free audio (snippets, field recordings, etc) to use in various Ambient projects.

Then again, my first love on iPad has and always will be Gadget. I literally invested hundreds into the Korg iOS ecosystem over the years. The reverbs in Gadget aren't the greatest by a longshot, but I know how to make 'em work as best as possible.

Then again, once my creative energy is focused back on music instead of art, I might dig into Cubasis 3 and AUM "just because". :lol:

I usually start in AUM messing around for an idea to take form, that way I can add and subtract easily. Then on iPad it would have to be Cubasis or Auria to finalise, Cubasis being my favourite on iPad (it’s the easiest to use quickly). I do have NS2 but it doesn’t do anything for me on a number of levels. Not used Gadget for ages though I love some of the instruments.

• @barabajagal said:

Exactly! :) I also like Reason's modular skeuomorph hardware GUI.

I usually start in AUM messing around for an idea to take form, that way I can add and subtract easily. Then on iPad it would have to be Cubasis or Auria to finalise, Cubasis being my favourite on iPad (it’s the easiest to use quickly). I do have NS2 but it doesn’t do anything for me on a number of levels. Not used Gadget for ages though I love some of the instruments.

I definitely respect not getting on with NS2. It definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea. Lack of audio tracks being a massive drawback. However, I've produced some decent Ambient in it. :)

I could never got on with Auria Pro outside of it being an app I used for mastering since it was the only app to have FabFilter plugins (before FabFilter released AUv3 versions of their plugins, in which case I switched to Cubasis for mastering purposes). It's just so clunky to use. Cubasis 3 was a vast improvement over Cubasis 2 with the many quality-of-life upgrades. It's why I'm going to produce one of my next Ambient experiments in it.

Gadget is one of those "super well-kept secret" apps. 😂 I've produced a lot of music in the app since the middle of May. From more commercial House, then Minimal Techno and Minimalism in general, to proper Ambient (and not whatever dreadful thing Pulse Emitter produced for that one official Korg demo stream back on June 30th). Oh man, now I want to crack open Gadget and give it a go again. 🤣

• Sweet! Nicely done! Very cinematic.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Sweet! Nicely done! Very cinematic.

Thank you 🙏