Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala AUv3 IAP

Just a heads up that there's an update with IAP for AUv3... ;)

Comments

• $2.99 (30SEK) for those that are interested.
    AUv3 IAP is found under Settings -> Extras 'Get AUv3'.

It's 8 busses (output selected under sample edit).
    There's also a nice 'keyboard' in addition to the 'grid' for recording chords and stuff.

In order to 'prep' old Koala projects for AUv3 re-save the sessions to *.song files in Koala.app after updating the app.

All I can say is that it's a blast!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not seeing the updated app yet (UK)

• @Samu said:
    $2.99 (30SEK) for those that are interested.
    AUv3 IAP is found under Settings -> Extras 'Get AUv3'.

It's 8 busses (output selected under sample edit).
    There's also a nice 'keyboard' in addition to the 'grid' for recording chords and stuff.

In order to 'prep' old Koala projects for AUv3 re-save the sessions to *.song files in Koala.app after updating the app.

All I can say is that it's a blast!

i can say it’s hands down one of the best. makes me wish Cubasis had audio routing. so one could create patterns in Koala and record the audio onto timeline in a creative way.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Not seeing the updated app yet (UK)

Search for Koala in the AppStore and the update thing should light up if the app is already installed.

• @Samu said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Not seeing the updated app yet (UK)

Search for Koala in the AppStore and the update thing should light up if the app is already installed.

That did it, thanks @Samu ! Shame lunch break is almost over…

• Here I was waiting for, thank you @elf_audio

• @Paa89 said:

i can say it’s hands down one of the best. makes me wish Cubasis had audio routing. so one could create patterns in Koala and record the audio onto timeline in a creative way.

I've mention the the possibility to use 'side chain' input in AUv3's effect for sampling to @elf_audio

This would make it easy in Cubasis to select any track as audio input when Koala AUv3 is loaded into an effect slot.
    (To enable 'side chain' in Cubasis an AUv3 plug-in has to support multiple inputs, input 2 is used for 'side-chain')

Midi Output is also missing at the moment so in the meantime use Cubasis keyboard to 'record' to midi track.

I've done my best to hunt down bugs but if there's some things I've missed I'm sorry...

Cheers!

• edited September 2021

My wishes have been granted!!! Thanks @elf_audio

• Is it possible to set this up to record perfect n beat/bar loops from an input when used as an effect? Don’t want to waste time trying if the answer is no :smile:

Is it possible to set this up to record perfect n beat/bar loops from an input when used as an effect? Don’t want to waste time trying if the answer is no :smile:

Looks like MIDI mapping and “MIDI can record pads” option is the way to go?

Is it possible to set this up to record perfect n beat/bar loops from an input when used as an effect? Don’t want to waste time trying if the answer is no :smile:

No automated start/stop of sampling yet but we never know what @elf_audio might cook up for future updates :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

No automated start/stop of sampling yet but we never know what @elf_audio might cook up for future updates :sunglasses:

Cool, thanks for the insight @Samu. We have Neon on the way soon which sounds like it will do this and it apparently supports direct sample dragging between apps so this may work well with Koala as the soundboard.

• @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

I've mention the the possibility to use 'side chain' input in AUv3's effect for sampling to @elf_audio

This would make it easy in Cubasis to select any track as audio input when Koala AUv3 is loaded into an effect slot.
    (To enable 'side chain' in Cubasis an AUv3 plug-in has to support multiple inputs, input 2 is used for 'side-chain')

Midi Output is also missing at the moment so in the meantime use Cubasis keyboard to 'record' to midi track.

I've done my best to hunt down bugs but if there's some things I've missed I'm sorry...

Cheers!

Beta testers did a good job. i works really well in Cubasis 3.
    the sidechain feature would be great. is there any app that currently does something similar?

• here is a mini video of koala Sampler in Cubasis 3

• Nice Koala update Marek - thank you!

• Ah snap, it has begun!!!

• @Paa89 said:

the sidechain feature would be great. is there any app that currently does something similar?

Nope, and that's mostly because there ain't so many hosts to test with...
    AUM supports AUv3's with multiple inputs as does Cubasis 3.

AUv3 Multiple Outputs are supported in more hosts.

In Cubasis it would be especially welcome since we could get straight audio output to Koala from a midi track that is using an AUv3.

Another nice thing is that since Koala AUv3 imports from Files.app pointing the directory to Cubasis media bay makes it quite straight forward to load an audio event into Koala (just save it to media bay first).

A 'feature' I'd love to see in Cubasis 3 is to load an AUv3 as the input to an audio track.
    Currently we can choose between IAA or Inputs.

Loading Koala UAv3 as an 'Audio Input' would enable 'direct to audio' recording from Koala to an audio-track in Cubasis.

When loading an AUv3 FX to an AudioTrack the 'microphone input' passes thru the plug-in.
    So if Koala is loaded as an AUv3 FX on an audio track the 'speaker output' will be recorded thru the built-in microphone instead of the 'Koala Performance'.

I have a feeling things will only get better from now on forwards :)
    Cheers!

• That's great news, thanks @elf_audio :)

• @elf_audio What a great from-out-of-nowhere surprise! 🥳
    The multi-outs in AUM are just what the doctor ordered.. Really well done + Thank you! 👍 👏 🙏

• @Samu said:
    A 'feature' I'd love to see in Cubasis 3 is to load an AUv3 as the input to an audio track.

This one is what i mean previously. audio routing between tracks. yes please.

When loading an AUv3 FX to an AudioTrack the 'microphone input' passes thru the plug-in.
    So if Koala is loaded as an AUv3 FX on an audio track the 'speaker output' will be recorded thru the built-in microphone instead of the 'Koala Performance'.

>
    dam this is new to me. i thought AUv3 FX record directly from the track.

I have a feeling things will only get better from now on forwards :)
    Cheers!

fingers crossed. 😊

• @Paa89 said:

>

This happens because an audio track in Cubasis has to have some kind of input!

It can be an external audio-interface, built-in microphone or an IAA/AudioBus app.
    In Cubasis you can not create an Audio track without an input!

Cubasis will always record the dry input signal and can NOT record thru the AUv3 effects.

So when Koala AUv3 is loaded as an AUv3 effect Cubasis will record the 'dry'(ie. non effected signal) and in this case it's the microphone input plus the noise Koala makes.

Hope it makes sense :)

• @Paa89 Naturally you can load Koala AUv3 as an effect on any track and if the source is an AUv3 it will be directly recorded into Koala :)

• Nice. Double nice. That’s just amazing.

• @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

>

This happens because an audio track in Cubasis has to have some kind of input!

It can be an external audio-interface, built-in microphone or an IAA/AudioBus app.
    In Cubasis you can not create an Audio track without an input!

Cubasis will always record the dry input signal and can NOT record thru the AUv3 effects.

So when Koala AUv3 is loaded as an AUv3 effect Cubasis will record the 'dry'(ie. non effected signal) and in this case it's the microphone input plus the noise Koala makes.

Hope it makes sense :)

Oh yeah, my bad. i thought you were talking about placing Koala as an AUv3FX on an instrument track. Alll clear.
    in regards to the “side chain” feature , would it be similar to 4pokects experimetal side chain? but it would allow us to record from koala AUv3 to that audio track ?

• edited September 2021

incredible updat!
    Bought it a long time ago never use it because of IAA constraint.
    But this app is incredible as an auv3, it'll change my music production.
    Big big thanks to the developer, he made a super happy consumer!!

• @Paa89 said:
    here is a mini video of koala Sampler in Cubasis 3

Great.. maybe I can upgrade to Cubasis v3 now.. Ableton Link has just become less needed… Thanks Mr. Koala..

• Jumped in..fun app. In addition to MIDI out, I hope they can add preferred view configuration in GarageBand @elf_audio

• edited September 2021

Wow… IOS music production has just made a giant step (in just 2 minutes of using Auv3 Koala)

Thanks.. VERY NICE!!!