Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Favorite Plate Reverbs on iOS/iPadOS

Hi fellow travelers! Was culling my reverb apps, and was close to deleting Eos 2 when I realized that it’s plate emulation is pretty good. I was wondering what the community’s favorite plate reverbs on this here iOS/iPadOS platforms might be? Is the list going to start and end with convolution and IRs? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Thank you, all!

Comments

• Lunar Lander!

• Lunar Lander!

• ADverb 2

• Pro-R, Adverb, DDMF Envelope have decent plates.
    For a very metallic, highly modulated, experimental reverb, Reverb FDN is hard to beat.

Did anyone ever figure out how to save presets in EOS?

I haven't experimented with IRs much, beyond what Waves gave us in IR1. Folks here seem to like the Thafknar and IMPULSation AUv3 convolution reverb plugins with 3rd-party IRs, but I haven't dived in yet.

• Lunar Lander +1
    MixBox has a super nice one too, but it’s cleaner than LL’s.
    I use Drambo’s plate most frequently though. It more easily lends itself to modulation and fx chaining. Not quite as nice as LL an MxBx, but still sounds good.

• just come too check is Lunar Lander mentioned,yeah doing well

• I kinda use Lunar Lander more for the plate reverb than the actual delay.

• lunar lander for sure. gorgeous !

• Thanks all! Haven’t checked out Lunar Lander’s plate; in the little time I’ve had recently, I only tried out the delay, so, really excited for this tip!

• @ocelot : Love FDN! For preset saving in EOS and the rest of the Audio Damage apps, select the preset, go to ‘User’ instead of Factory, and you should be pretty much good to go!

• Lunar lander and adverb2 for me.

• Now the DDMF EMT 250 is out! I’ve only had a little chance to play with it, but I like it a lot, even though I might still like Lunar Lander’s better!! That was a great tip on a great app.

• @mulletsaison said:
    Now the DDMF EMT 250 is out! I’ve only had a little chance to play with it, but I like it a lot, even though I might still like Lunar Lander’s better!! That was a great tip on a great app.

They’ve just released an Echorec and a Dimension D app too!

• Lunar Lander and DDMF EMT 250 from me. Ref Lunar Lander, be careful with the BBD noise level on the delay, it can add so much noise that it will peek through in the quiet passages of your music, but other than that, love it.

• @mulletsaison said:
    Hi fellow travelers! Was culling my reverb apps, and was close to deleting Eos 2 when I realized that it’s plate emulation is pretty good. I was wondering what the community’s favorite plate reverbs on this here iOS/iPadOS platforms might be? Is the list going to start and end with convolution and IRs? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Thank you, all!

Eos is still excellent. It also has the infinite mode which you can turn on and off via midi. I have gotten Envolver to control that button. The result is an infinite reverb tail on the last note of a phrase, that goes away as soon as you play a new note.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@mulletsaison said:

Thank you, all!

Eos is still excellent. It also has the infinite mode which you can turn on and off via midi. I have gotten Envolver to control that button. The result is an infinite reverb tail on the last note of a phrase, that goes away as soon as you play a new note.

This is why iOS is great; the reverbs I want are plentiful and cheap! Yay variety!!!!

• The Valley Plateau module in MiRack is pretty good, and you can just make a MiRack patch with it between audio in and out modules, then put MiRack in an effects slot to use it with non-MiRack stuff. Plus most of its parameters are modulatable, so with a few LFOs you can get really out there results :-)

• @mulletsaison said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@mulletsaison said:

Thank you, all!

This is why iOS is great; the reverbs I want are plentiful and cheap! Yay variety!!!!

Eos is definitely a great reverb for the price.

• @bygjohn said:
    The Valley Plateau module in MiRack is pretty good, and you can just make a MiRack patch with it between audio in and out modules, then put MiRack in an effects slot to use it with non-MiRack stuff. Plus most of its parameters are modulatable, so with a few LFOs you can get really out there results :-)

Really great reverb but not a plate emulation. But it has to be said, it’s worth getting MiRack just for this reverb alone! :)

• @jonmoore said:
    Really great reverb but not a plate emulation.

I’m curious why you say this? It’s certainly billed us a plate ambulation:

https://valleyaudio.github.io/rack/plateau/index.html

• edited September 2021

@dubbub said:

@jonmoore said:
    Really great reverb but not a plate emulation.

I’m curious why you say this? It’s certainly billed us a plate ambulation:

https://valleyaudio.github.io/rack/plateau/index.html

That'll learn me. I've never heard of the 'Dattorro' digital plate reverb before. It appears that it's one of those algorithms that's more famous in DSP circles than it is amongst recording engineers. And for me, I don't think instantly thing of plate reverbs when I hear Plateau in action. Maybe it's just a case that many VCV artists like to go wild with Plateau and that's where I take it when I use Plateau. It certainly doesn't have that classic EMT sound that many plugin plates reverbs attempt to create.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@mulletsaison said:

Thank you, all!

Now this is interesting!. I don’t own Envolver, should I?. I’m guessing maybe you send a “negative trigger” to switch off the infinite mode on transients from envolver…. Or how does it work?

• edited September 2021

@tahiche said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@mulletsaison said:

Thank you, all!

Now this is interesting!. I don’t own Envolver, should I?. I’m guessing maybe you send a “negative trigger” to switch off the infinite mode on transients from envolver…. Or how does it work?

Yes, that’s how it works. Envolver is an envelope follower that outputs a midi signal, and has a button so that you can invert it. I set it up so that the audio signal goes into both Envolver and Eos. When the audio is high, the midi out from Envolver into the Eos infinity button is low. When audio is low, vice versa.