Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton Link vs GarageBand Jam Session - What are your thoughts about them?

Ever heard of Ableton Link? What about GarageBand Jam Session? These are two ways to collaborate with someone live. Here’s a short video testing both technologies and thoughts on them

Comments

• Shame you can’t use this with live loops. I haven’t tried this functionality of GB before so was wondering if it might have uses for one person working with two iDevices? It can get a bit tedious switching between instruments so I was thinking perhaps having one device looking at the drum sequencer while the other records another instrument, that sort of thing.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Shame you can’t use this with live loops. I haven’t tried this functionality of GB before so was wondering if it might have uses for one person working with two iDevices? It can get a bit tedious switching between instruments so I was thinking perhaps having one device looking at the drum sequencer while the other records another instrument, that sort of thing.

I actually used to use it to record two guitar takes . I’d connect my audio interface to my iPad, then use my iPhone to record the raw acoustic version of the guitar. It worked well for that, but nowadays, connecting the interface directly and using an AUv3 effect seems to work well for my needs.

That’s a great point @MisplacedDevelopment