Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

76 FREE Presets for IceGear’s Lorentz - by Spidericemidas

Continuing my mission to get a bank into every IceGear Synth, here is a bank of 76 presets for Lorentz.
A selection of Pads and Plucks plus some Leads just for fun.
This Synth is especially good for lo-fi and distorted sound design.
I really enjoyed working with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rivzr4sekc99rzs/Spidericemidas.lorentz_snd_pack?dl=0

Comments

• Hurrah! Looking forward to checking these out :)

• I suspect this will be the basis for another @LinearLineman album. @Spidericemidas sharing his talents for sound design creates 2nd order effects.

• ah, the only one I am not having in my arsenal from icegear... waiting for a video, but @Spidericemidas patches are one of the greatest always!

• @david_2017 said:
    ah, the only one I am not having in my arsenal from icegear... waiting for a video, but @Spidericemidas patches are one of the greatest always!

Doug should be doing a demo of the pack soon.
    I’d recommend Lorentz. I had a lot of fun with it and it’s easy to program. 👍

• @McD said:
    I suspect this will be the basis for another @LinearLineman album. @Spidericemidas sharing his talents for sound design creates 2nd order effects.

I think there’s some sounds in there that Mike will like. 🤞😊

• @richardyot said:
    Hurrah! Looking forward to checking these out :)

Do you have a bank for this one? If not, I hope these inspire you to make one! 😃

• @lasselu said:
    Awesome!

Hope something in there proves useful to you. 😊

• Not sure what I can be doing wrong but I cannot import these. I have previously imported banks into Lorentz but this one just won’t work.

Lorentz is offered as a destination in the same menu, I tap it and Lorentz opens (if it’s not already open) but no bank appears.

Is this working for other people? I am so keen to get me some Spidericemidas wonder!

I just upgraded tp 14.8 before I downloaded the presets. Unrelated, I’m sure.

• @qryss said:
    Not sure what I can be doing wrong but I cannot import these. I have previously imported banks into Lorentz but this one just won’t work.

Lorentz is offered as a destination in the same menu, I tap it and Lorentz opens (if it’s not already open) but no bank appears.

Is this working for other people? I am so keen to get me some Spidericemidas wonder!

I just upgraded tp 14.8 before I downloaded the presets. Unrelated, I’m sure.

Not sure what could be going on there. If memory serves me well (I could be wrong though) a year or two ago a similar thing with import/export occured after an OS update and all Icegear synths had to be updated to fix it. Have you checked that the bank is in the User folder? Imports like this don’t go to the front folder. They get put in the sub folder called “User”.

• @soundtemple said:
    thankyou! @Spidericemidas

How was the import process? Was it ok? I haven’t checked this one myself yet. Cheers!

• Thanks for the reply! Yep, looked everywhere just in case.

• @qryss said:
    Thanks for the reply! Yep, looked everywhere just in case.

Hmm. Have you updated Lorentz recently? I noticed the other day all Icegear synths received an update. Something to do with folders or presets not showing up if there was a space character after the name, or something like that?

• @Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

Hmm. Have you updated Lorentz recently? I noticed the other day all Icegear synths received an update. Something to do with folders or presets not showing up if there was a space character after the name, or something like that?

I’m on the latest version of Lorentz, yes.

I have a suggestion. Maybe you could write a bank of presets for another Icegear synth - maybe Redshrike? - then I can test if it’s a broader issue that affects all their synths on 14.8.

:smile:

• @qryss said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

I have a suggestion. Maybe you could write a bank of presets for another Icegear synth - maybe Redshrike? - then I can test if it’s a broader issue that affects all their synths on 14.8.

It just so happens I did a bank for Red Shrike long time ago. Not sure if it’s still here on the forum. I’ll send a link over to you shortly as a test. 👍

• @qryss said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

Ok here’s a link to the old Red Shrike bank.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fpenjeg32ud5u3/Spidericemidas.redshrike_snd_pack?dl=0

• @Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fpenjeg32ud5u3/Spidericemidas.redshrike_snd_pack?dl=0

Hehe. I only meant that as a joke - but, wow. You’ve already got one.

Turns out I already had that installed. I tried renaming it to install it again - but nothing is imported.

I think you might be right and that Icegear need to fix something for 14.8. I’ll drop him an email.

Thanks so much for your help!

• @qryss said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

Turns out I already had that installed. I tried renaming it to install it again - but nothing is imported.

I think you might be right and that Icegear need to fix something for 14.8. I’ll drop him an email.

Oh! Here you go! My memory was correct! Here’s the old thread for the Mersenne bank from 2019. Showing an import issue being experienced with the newly dropped iOS13 at the time! Satoshi was notified and sorted it pretty quickly.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35256/mersenne-40-free-presets-by-spidericemidas/p1

• @Spidericemidas said:

@soundtemple said:
    thankyou! @Spidericemidas

How was the import process? Was it ok? I haven’t checked this one myself yet. Cheers!

I saved to my Dropbox. Then went to Files app, touch to open and it opened Lorentz. All the presets were there.

• Ah, these are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

• Wow, thanks for these.
    Lorentz has always been my favorite of the iceworks synths.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

Oh! Here you go! My memory was correct! Here’s the old thread for the Mersenne bank from 2019. Showing an import issue being experienced with the newly dropped iOS13 at the time! Satoshi was notified and sorted it pretty quickly.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35256/mersenne-40-free-presets-by-spidericemidas/p1

Thanks for your help, @Spidericemidas - turns out it was an incomplete download so of course it was never going to import. I even tried it twice and got the same incomplete file. I appealed to Satoshi for help and he helped me see the obvious.

Now I’m playing your mighty fine sounds. :smile:

• @qryss said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@qryss said:

Thanks for your help, @Spidericemidas - turns out it was an incomplete download so of course it was never going to import. I even tried it twice and got the same incomplete file. I appealed to Satoshi for help and he helped me see the obvious.

Now I’m playing your mighty fine sounds. :smile:

Glad you got it figured out! 😊👍

• @xraydash said:
    Ah, these are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

You’re welcome! 😃

• @Ben said:
    Wow, thanks for these.
    Lorentz has always been my favorite of the iceworks synths.

Yeah it was an interesting and enjoyable one to explore. Looks quite basic compared to Lagrange or Kronecker, but there’s still a lot of good scope for sound creation. Love the resonator and delay modulation sections.

• @Spidericemidas Thanks for sharing your creativity.. 🙏 I know it will add greatly to mine..
    IceGear synths are definitely more valuable to me with your presets.. 👍 Actually, any synth with your presets.. 😁

• @royor said:
    @Spidericemidas Thanks for sharing your creativity.. 🙏 I know it will add greatly to mine..
    IceGear synths are definitely more valuable to me with your presets.. 👍 Actually, any synth with your presets.. 😁

Thanks!
    I think it’s just Laplace left now for a bank in every Icegear synth. I like them all a lot.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@royor said:
    @Spidericemidas Thanks for sharing your creativity.. 🙏 I know it will add greatly to mine..

Thanks!
    I think it’s just Laplace left now for a bank in every Icegear synth. I like them all a lot.

I dig these new Lorentz patches, thanks! I'm really looking forward to hearing what you can do with Laplace as it's a sleeper in the Icegear portfolio, IMHO.