Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• Love seeing studio pics! Here’s a corner of mine.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Tarekith said:
    Redid the studio finally, covered my acoustic panels, and built a new rack for the Fireface UFX+:

Where can I buy the table you have? (the table with your laptop on it)

You can’t sadly, I custom built it myself.

• @DCJ said:
    Love seeing studio pics! Here’s a corner of mine.

Omg so much fun stuff! But I would never be done with cable management. I would literally reroute everything every week

• @seventyfour said:

@DCJ said:

Omg so much fun stuff! But I would never be done with cable management. I would literally reroute everything every week

Well, that's what the patch bay is for! All the inputs and outputs are routed to that so any re-routing is a matter of seconds.

• @DCJ said:

@seventyfour said:

@DCJ said:

Well, that's what the patch bay is for! All the inputs and outputs are routed to that so any re-routing is a matter of seconds.

Oooh Patch bay!!!? Please tell me alll about the patch bay and I mean everything this may be a solution for me as well as others with GAS

• @ralis said:

@DCJ said:

@seventyfour said:

@DCJ said:

Oooh Patch bay!!!? Please tell me alll about the patch bay and I mean everything this may be a solution for me as well as others with GAS

It’s a very good thing. I only have a very simple pedalboard but do have a small patch bay on there nevertheless.

• My little corner of the Universe.

• edited September 2021

Got rid of the previous rack i had and went with these 2 Tier racks to keep everything nice and tidy.

Now comes the fun part of connecting it all together for the light show 😉

These are the stands if you are interested:
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ultimate-Support/MDS-100-Modular-Desktop-Stand.gc

And the extenders to make them tiered:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D4872DS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

• I've scaled down about as much as you can... but loving it.

• @chandroji said:

This gave me a twinge! 😬

• I've had to downsize a lot since I started using this space for work, but I think it has actually allowed me to focus a whole lot more; I still love this corner of the house :)

• Some great setups here. Man... wish I had the space to make a nice small studio.

• @NoiseFloored What keyboard (QWERTY) is that?

• @soundtemple said:
    @NoiseFloored What keyboard (QWERTY) is that?

It’s a Planck EZ; if I’m being honest I only have it for the nerd factor ;)

• @NoiseFloored haha. I've had cool nerd factor keyboards and not really liked them. I use a Logitech K380 these days. Not as nerdy, not as cool, no cherry switches, no noise when I press a key but its small, light, reliable and works well enough.

• edited September 2021

@NeuM said:
    Some great setups here. Man... wish I had the space to make a nice small studio.

FWIW mine is my closet 🤪

• @soundtemple yeah, some coworkers convinced me of trying it out and then just got used to it. I guess it’s one of those things programmers do to delude ourselves into thinking that we’re going to be more productive, like changing text editors or fonts. I spent way more time reading code anyway. These are silent at least, I definitely don’t miss the clickety-clack at the office.

• @NoiseFloored ah yep I can relate. Same thing happened to me but I really didn't like the one I got so went back to the Logitech and am dealing with not be as cool or as nerdy as I might be.

• The Bjork's studio (a couple of years ago). What is this thing at 0:26? I want one.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    The Bjork's studio (a couple of years ago).

27 years ago. She's 55 years old now. A bit older than the Bjork in the video :smiley:

• edited September 2021

@Simon said:

@Montreal_Music said:

27 years ago. She's 55 years old now. A bit older than the Bjork in the video :smiley:

:) Do you know what she have at 0:26? It's a kind of ancestor of the Digitone!

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Simon said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Yamaha QY20

• @seventyfour said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Simon said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Yamaha QY20

Merci!

• @NoiseFloored said:
    I've had to downsize a lot since I started using this space for work, but I think it has actually allowed me to focus a whole lot more; I still love this corner of the house :)

I want to buy your computer keyboard! Where?

• From L-R: Roland Handsonic 10, iPad Pro 2017, iPad Air3, iPad Air1, Rolls Mini-Mix4, Motu M4 interface. The Novation Keystation49 Mk2 controls the Pro. If I had a larger mixer I'd add in my old iPhone 5 and my even older iPod that are snoozing, but hey I think I have enough touch surfaces at the moment.

I use all this stuff a couple times per week creating live music for a dance class over Zoom. Not ideal, but better than not having the gig at all, and we're SO looking forward to in-person classes re-starting in January. The iMac is used for the Zoom calls, but I will also use it for mixing projects. Not shown: BopPad, Launchpad Mini Mk2, Launchkey Mini Mk3, Nanocontrol 2, etc...

• edited September 2021

I'm looking for ideas for my small studio. I don't know how I could name this thing that I'm looking for, but I need something for my keyboard. I have a small table. My 49 keys keyboard is on the table, but I want something to elevate the keyboard so I can put things below the keyboard to save space. A kind of small table for my keyboard on a desk.

• @Montreal_Music A “desk shelf”, maybe? A google search of that throws up that sort of thing.

• I’ve seen them as shelf, desktop shelf, riser... but it’s always a difficult find with low success rate to find something fitting exactly.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I want to buy your computer keyboard! Where?

It's the Planck EZ keyboard, available here, but as I mentioned above, I can't really recommend it unless you really want to spend a lot of time customizing it and retraining your fingers, both because of the unusual shape and the use of modifiers to account for the missing keys, like numbers.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    When I'm out...

Cake, Coffee & Cacophony...

Identical to mine, except I tend to go for Costa's cherry jam Bakewell :)