Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Pro APP that has Multiple Output sends

I'm having so much difficulty finding a solution (that I thought would be easy to find). Here's the situation: I have a live performance situation where I'd like to play 8 pre-recorded audio stems in addition to the live musicians/singers. I'd like to play these 8 stems from an iPad Pro and send them to an interface like a Tascam 16x8. Then I can continue to send these 8 stems to front-of-house console where sound person has individual control of 8 stems. The 8 pre-recorded audio stems will be prepared at home and converted to either mp3 or wav files. Is there an app on an iPad that can do this? Basically, is there an app that can play these 8 audio tracks and send 8 separate outputs?

Comments

• edited September 2021

In order to activate Multi-Out, the iPad will need to be connected to a USB Audio Interface which supports MultiTrack.

With my Scarlett 18i8 I can send out up to 8 Stereo Channels from AUM, Cubasis, Drambo, NS2 and other similar apps which support multi-out.

So, in your set up, if the Tascam supports MultiTrack over USB, you can send and route your audio to it, and then use the physical outs on the Tascam to send those channels to wherever they need to go.

Hope that helps.

iPad connected to Tascam > AUM, Cubasis (similar app) Multi Out to 8 Stereo In on Tascam > 8 Out from Tascam to wherever...

• @anthonyb said:
    I'm having so much difficulty finding a solution (that I thought would be easy to find). Here's the situation: I have a live performance situation where I'd like to play 8 pre-recorded audio stems in addition to the live musicians/singers. I'd like to play these 8 stems from an iPad Pro and send them to an interface like a Tascam 16x8. Then I can continue to send these 8 stems to front-of-house console where sound person has individual control of 8 stems. The 8 pre-recorded audio stems will be prepared at home and converted to either mp3 or wav files. Is there an app on an iPad that can do this? Basically, is there an app that can play these 8 audio tracks and send 8 separate outputs?

All of the DAW's that support usb audio out can do this.
    Basically it's a matter of visual and workflow choice.

Auria Pro is the most similar to ProTools,
    Cubasis 3 and Le 3 is Cubase for iOS
    BM3 is an MPC/DAW hybrid,
    AUM is a DAWless alternative and you can customise the session for your needs,
    dRambo to trigger full length tracks,
    AudioEvolution

• @Gravitas said:
    Cubasis 3 and Le 3 is Cubase for iOS
    BM3 is an MPC/DAW hybrid,
    AUM is a DAWless alternative and you can customise the session for your needs,

@echoopera said:

iPad connected to Tascam > AUM, Cubasis (similar app) Multi Out to 8 Stereo In on Tascam > 8 Out from Tascam to wherever...

Ok - awesome. This all makes sense. I'm not a studio guy. 95% of my work is live performance. I only use Cubase Artist 11 to create rehearsal recordings when necessary.

So - if I'm understanding this correctly, this would be my setup:

iPAD PRO >>>
    Load my 8 pre-recorded audio stems into either AUM or Cubasis 3 >>>
    Play these tracks in a live situation right from these apps and assign each stem to a separate output >>>
    From my iPAD, I have a USB cable going to some sort of interface, like the Tascam or Scarlett >>>
    The interface sends 8 separate lines to main console for individual control of each stem.

This sounds straight-forward. Am I missing something?
    Is this reliable in a live setting?

I'm really trying to avoid a full computer or laptop setup for this. I have no need for expanding this setup.

Thanks!

• edited September 2021

Something like this should work. I've never used the Tascam device, so I don't know what will show up in AUM, Cubasis and other apps...but I presume all 8 Stereo Channels will be available to send to.

• As most of your work is performance based
    am I right in thinking that you're playing backing tracks?
    and not jamming out on loopers?

If so then I would say get Cubasis 3.
    It would be the easiest and most straight forward to set up.
    Minimum amount of fuss.

Any device that supports eight audio outputs can
    be configured as shown in Echoopera's example.

• This is awesome. Thanks so much folks for all the clarity. Yes, I'm just playing backing tracks. So Cubasis 3 seems like the way to go. I really appreciate this!

• Sure thing and good luck at the gig!