Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI drag-and-drop with GarageBand

Hey all – has anyone ever successfully dragged a MIDI file or chord from another app onto a track in GarageBand? I can get it to work with audio files, but MIDI files only seem to register using the loops browser. I could have sworn I saw or used this functionality at one point, but maybe I'm misremembering and it was on a Mac.

Thanks!

Comments

• I have never found anywhere you can drag MIDI to in GB. I think the standard way of getting MIDI in is via the loop browser->Files and then more than likely going into AudioShare via Files having shared the MIDI to AudioShare earlier on.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    I have never found anywhere you can drag MIDI to in GB. I think the standard way of getting MIDI in is via the loop browser->Files and then more than likely going into AudioShare via Files having shared the MIDI to AudioShare earlier on.

Unfortunate, thank you though. Apple's own manual led me to believe otherwise, but even following their instructions at the bottom of Import audio and MIDI files using Slide Over using the Files app doesn't appear to work.

• @TonalityApp said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    I have never found anywhere you can drag MIDI to in GB. I think the standard way of getting MIDI in is via the loop browser->Files and then more than likely going into AudioShare via Files having shared the MIDI to AudioShare earlier on.

Unfortunate, thank you though. Apple's own manual led me to believe otherwise, but even following their instructions at the bottom of Import audio and MIDI files using Slide Over using the Files app doesn't appear to work.

I had not seen those instructions. You are right, it does look like you should be able to copy files in slide over mode but I was also unable to do this. I also tried copying the file to the GB project folder first in case this was some kind of permissions thing but that didn’t help either. Shame.