Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yellofier

Any tiny, minuscule, quantum size sliver of a chance that that Yellofier is gonna keep sticking with it? Maybe auv3 some time? (though that would probably be a complete overhaul of the app) I found it strikingly unique and creative. Still use it sometimes, but now for some reason can’t export files directly from AudioShare anymore. Worried it’s going to fall out. Most of the things I work on with it, I end up really liking.

Comments

• @ElkwoodDarrow said:
    Any tiny, minuscule, quantum size sliver of a chance that that Yellofier is gonna keep sticking with it? Maybe auv3 some time? (though that would probably be a complete overhaul of the app) I found it strikingly unique and creative. Still use it sometimes, but now for some reason can’t export files directly from AudioShare anymore. Worried it’s going to fall out. Most of the things I work on with it, I end up really liking.

Yes it really is too good to become abandonware

• edited September 2021

Yellofier is great. It was developed by Jonatan Liljedahl (dev of AudioShare, AUM, Sector etc..) so maybe he can tell us what's happening with AudioShare and Yellofier.

Man, he's made some great apps....

• To be honest, I don't believe in that to happen soon.
    Since a big part of Yellofier's charm is the sequenced effects, the closest contender would be Sugar Bytes Effectrix plus a DAW that can slice and sequence audio.
    Last year I've started to re-build Yellofier in Drambo but somehow lost interest because I had Effectrix anyway and I can add any effect not available in Effectrix after that.

• It would be nice to be able to import a sample. I think it’s only on older iOS’s you can do this. Can’t remember the number.

• @rs2000 I am wildly interested. I just bought drambo a few days ago and have been learning how to use it.

Would you care to share some of your methods on re-building yellowfier? I would love to try building something like that in drambo, or maybe audulus - but it seems like a far off goal and I am not sure how to start.

• @Simon Really, I didn't know that. Yup Audioshare/AUM are essentials (haven't tried sector). Apple's files app kind of took over some of Audioshare's workflow - but i can't trim, quantize, convert, or normalize my audio files in the Files app, so Audioshare is still a must.

• @ElkwoodDarrow said:
    @rs2000 I am wildly interested. I just bought drambo a few days ago and have been learning how to use it.

Would you care to share some of your methods on re-building yellowfier? I would love to try building something like that in drambo, or maybe audulus - but it seems like a far off goal and I am not sure how to start.

Yes I can do that. Give me some time.

• @rs2000 At your own pace, kind sir! Thank you!!!

• If i'm not wrong, it's a comissioned job. So I wouldn't put my hopes up
    Except if it would be a new version

• @senhorlampada yeah, shame. I hope they at least keep the it up and keep it's export function working with something.

• @Simon said:
    Yellofier is great. It was developed by Jonatan Liljedahl (dev of AudioShare, AUM, Sector etc..) so maybe he can tell us what's happening with AudioShare and Yellofier.

@senhorlampada is correct, it was a job commissioned by Yello and Håkan Lidbo, so I have no control over it. It would certainly be cool as an AUv3, but it would be quite a big rewrite of the app! Probably not something I'd have the time for currently, but they are free to find any other developer to do it if they would like to.

Man, he's made some great apps....