Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New To MIDI Guitar 2 & SWAM, I Have Six Questions

Like some here, I have been a guitar synth hardware user for decades starting with the Casio PG380 and the Roland GR33. I still have a plethora of hardware-based gear inclusive of Roland VG-99, Boss SY-1000, Godin Session Custom Tripleplay Guitar, Brian Moore iGuitar2.13, etc.

As much as I love all that hardware, I must admit that once I viewed LoFiLeif using MIDI Guitar 2 plus an MRTAudio Midi Breath Controller plus SWAM (Synchronous Waves Acoustic Modeling) see here https://audiomodeling.com/ I realized that an all-software approach has reached the point where it is superior to my hardware in a number of ways. Not in all ways of course, the major one being discrete hexaphonic pitch detection / audio processing, notwithstanding what MIDI Guitar 3 might be able to do, but that of course remains to be seen…err…heard. Please excuse my ignorance of MIDI Guitar 2 for iOS as I have not used it much, and I do not own MIDI Guitar 2 for Mac.

1. I already have MIDI Guitar 2 for iOS (inclusive of all in-app-purchases) and I would like to be able to access the SWAM instruments via in-app purchases in GeoShred for iOS. Is that possible?

2. I may go for a full laptop based MIDI Guitar 2 system using SWAM sounds if I find my iOS system too limiting. If I do go for a full laptop based system, can I use my MacBook Pro 13-inch i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD or will I need something newer for best performance, and can I use my Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 version 1 or will I need something newer for best performance?

3. Any idea when MIDI Guitar 3 for Mac will come out and if the upgrade from MIDI Guitar 2 for Mac will be free or at reduced cost to MIDI Guitar 2 for Mac?

4. Since I may not be in a particular rush to get MIDI Guitar 2 for Mac, is there some particular time that MIDI Guitar 2 for Mac usually goes on sale?

5. As I am sure you guys noticed SWAM for Mac is expensive. Is there some particular time that SWAM for Mac usually goes on sale?

6. Does MIDI Guitar 2 for iOS have slower response time than MIDI Guitar 2 for Mac and will MIDI Guitar 3 be available for iOS?

Comments