Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[OT, well sort of] Recommendations for a battery powered mixer or interface

edited September 2021 in Other
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Roland go mixer pro looks like it might fit the bill perfectly?

• Zoom U series audio interfaces can be powered by batteries. Depending on number of inputs you need there are 3 models to choose from: U22, U24 and U44

• Any USB powered mixer can be used with a battery. How about that?

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

^this. Works wonderfully for any USB powered device.

• @branis said:
    Zoom U series audio interfaces can be powered by batteries. Depending on number of inputs you need there are 3 models to choose from: U22, U24 and U44

I have a U24 and it’s great.

I am a bit jealous of the Roland go though as it can apparently plug directly into an iPhone via lightning as well as regular USB. It’s much smaller and doesn’t need dongles. All the leads are supplied.

For use with an iPhone I’d love something as small as the Roland.

If size and dongle requirement aren’t issues then I can thoroughly recommend the zoom too. If I were buying again I’d lean towards the U44 as they’re the exact same size and have the bonus of two more inputs and you can add an optional microphone capsule too.

So yeah depends on priorities.

But the new Roland Go thing is a mixer and interface in one that runs on batteries/bus Power. So might be worth exploring.

• edited September 2021

iRig Pro or TC Helicon Go, connect direct to iOS via lightning cable. Single or dual channel versions available, MIDI & audio via jack/XLR

• +1 on Zoom U24. I also use it on my desktop.

• Zoom u44 only has 4 inputs if purchased optional Xlr input attachment. Be aware of that. Otherwise it’s just 2 in 4 out.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited September 2021

@d4d0ug said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Any USB powered mixer can be used with a battery. How about that?

Yep I hear you and have tried this. Whenever I’ve dabbled with usb and power (and maybe i should investigate more) i end up hunting down digital noises.

I'm willing to bet that it doesn't happen with a battery pack, assuming there's nothing else anywhere attached to the iPad that is plugged into AC power. I never get a shred of added noise with a battery, whereas I have constant issues whenever there's anything at all plugged into power anywhere in the chain (even MIDI devices).

• Zoom H5 and h6 are really great. Picked up the h6 a couple months ago. 4 combi jack's, with multitrack recording. Can also upgrade it to 6 combi jacks with exh-6 attachment. Also has a metronome and tuner. Takes 4 AA batteries. It's widely used for sound design, field recordings as well as podcasts.

• edited September 2021

mixerface. Quiet preamps as a bonus if you will delve in field recording, sound fx recording etc. only two channels though
    Above mentioned zoom h6 is really good, and zoom f-series recorders are more professional-grade stuff. Might be overkill, but f6 will cover many use cases

An article on gear self noise
    http://www.avisoft.com/recorder-tests/
    And this link might be useful too
    https://acousticnature.com/

I guess I should have posted it months ago in a field recording thread.

• @d4d0ug said:
    Those mixerface devices look really good, but are outside my budget.

Got mine second hand for 150$.

• 4i4 if you need more than two outputs otherwise Roland GO mixer pro X