Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OLD APPS which ones do you wish the developers would bring back

What if the Vinyl app ( no longer on the App Store) by Elephantcandy was updated with AUV3
and Files app support this app has the BEST turntable emulation
The app could be used as the best loft vinyl sim plug and you can scratch with it like a DJ
If you are. a sample maker it could be used on samples you want to sound like actual vinyl
It would be a killer AUV3 Doug did a video about it 7years ago
I would buy it again

Comments

• I miss Earhoof...

• None that I can think of, but there are a lot of apps that I wish developers would implement as AUv3s.

• ZedSynth sounded unlike any synth I currently have on iOS.

• Pearl Guitar, which basically became abandonware.

• MovBeats was fun

• The free fuzz plugin.

• edited September 2021

@FriedTapeworm said:
    The free fuzz plugin.

Self-a-fuzz? I have the developer’s apps still installed but they crash on load now 😢

• I think it was called Fuzz plus, or something like that. It was super simple, but I often found myself ending up with that on a track over fancier saturations.

• @FriedTapeworm said:
    I think it was called Fuzz plus, or something like that. It was super simple, but I often found myself ending up with that on a track over fancier saturations.

Oh, FuzzPlus3 from Audio Damage? Is that gone now?

• I always wanted to try Propellerhead Thor, especially because there were some EWI patches for it.
    Also Cassini by IceWorks

• Wolfgang Palm apps… currently with Plugin Alliance and I’m hoping they rerelease them 😩

• edited September 2021

Improvox. AUFX PeakQ. Alchemy. Lots of still existing IAA’s I’d like to become AUv3…

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Wolfgang Palm apps… currently with Plugin Alliance and I’m hoping they rerelease them 😩

I think they've made it pretty clear that isn't going to happen, sadly.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Wolfgang Palm apps… currently with Plugin Alliance and I’m hoping they rerelease them 😩

Such a bummer, I slept on these apps and purchased one of them. I wonder what they are doing with tech from those apps…

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Such a bummer, I slept on these apps and purchased one of them. I wonder what they are doing with tech from those apps…

Likely nothing. They probably don't generate enough revenue to pay someone to get up to speed on the code..particularly since they don't develop for the platform. They are scheduled to stop being available at the end of 2021 even to those that purchased them.

• Alchemy standalone synth as an AU with the original sound packs.

• Propellerheads Thor Polysonic Synth!

But, it’s gone forever according to people at the border for that company…

• @Paulinko said:
    Alchemy standalone synth as an AU with the original sound packs.

I still got an old iPad Air2 with iOS10.34 (the last 32-bit iOS) just to have Alchemy Synth app available!

• Do old ones that are atill currently available but need so much to be fixed to work properly count?
    If so, modstep.

• Mitosynth...I keep saying...

• I still have my iPad Air 1st generation running IOS 7.0
    loaded with oldie but goodie apps lol

• edited September 2021

This:

Koushion: A completely intuitive , amazingly flexible, musical and performance-orientated grid based step sequencer, absolutely made for the iPad touch interface, the like of which there is no equivalent at all on iPad, or indeed outside of the most recent physical Launchpad Pro’s sequencer mode.

It lives on in zombie mode only on my ancient IPad 4…

• @Svetlovska said:
    This:

Koushion: A completely intuitive , amazingly flexible, musical and performance-orientated grid based step sequencer, absolutely made for the iPad touch interface, the like of which there is no equivalent at all on iPad, or indeed outside of the most recent physical Launchpad Pro’s sequencer mode.

It lives on in zombie mode only on my ancient IPad 4…

Would love to have had a go on this app, I searched in complete frustration for it in the past. Must have been shelved before my hunt began.

• technoBox 2

We have some great “acid” apps but none do it for me like this one did. I have the original technoBox on my Air 1 but the 2 version is gone unfortunately.

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    What if the Vinyl app ( no longer on the App Store) by Elephantcandy was updated with AUV3
    and Files app support this app has the BEST turntable emulation
    The app could be used as the best loft vinyl sim plug and you can scratch with it like a DJ
    If you are. a sample maker it could be used on samples you want to sound like actual vinyl
    It would be a killer AUV3 Doug did a video about it 7years ago
    I would buy it again

100% this. A simple auv3 turntable emulation with good scratching algo and files app support. I want something like this so bad

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Propellerheads Thor Polysonic Synth!

But, it’s gone forever according to people at the border for that company…

I was so happy to see Thor in my list of “purchased apps” and available to install. Got it installed on my 2021 M1 12.9” 1 TB and it works great and sounds amazing… I’ll never understand why they would abandon such an awesome product that everyone loves.

• Oramics. It was released in support of a Science Museum exhibition, I think, and emulated a cut down version of Daphne Oram's Oramics machine, where she drew waveforms etc on 35mm film. Stopped working after iOS 7 and never updated. Runs on iOS 9, but no sound. I still have it on an old iPhone 4, but an AUv3 version that runs on up to date devices would be fantastic for when I get a vintage urge.

• edited September 2021

@Simon said:
    I miss Earhoof...

+1. Never know what you've got etc etc. Brilliant app that I took for granted/under-used and now am grumbly because it's no longer etc.

• the PPG apps and ImproVox